Saturday 16 October 2010

New Molly Blooms and The Witching Hour


Good Morning, hope everyone is ready for the weekend, whatever you have planned. Lets hope the weather is kind.

I picked up a couple of new stamps at Sir Stampalot this week........well more than a couple if I am honest, needs must and all that and I do have an upcoming class and demo day to consider.........

I fell instantly in love with this lovey scene forest scene CRR 123 from Stampendous which I stamped onto gloss cardstock using stayzon, then used a versamak pen and clear embossing powder to highlight the tree trunks, houses and tiny trees. I added a little watercolour to the roofs and small trees then brayered using the lights end of Big and Juicy soothing sunset. The embossed areas resisted so I could buff up to make them show through the brayered colours.

The image is Molly Blooms MB00341, one of the new Christmas range recently released by Sir Stampalot. She is coloured with the same B&J inks and decoupaged. The frame is a Nestie and the DP My Minds Eye. This card is for the following challenges:

A pocket full of posies - Autumn leaves
Stamplaing for the Weekend - Halloween or Fall


At Allsorts this week Helene would like us to play Bingo. This is a new theme to me but it has been great fun to work with.

Two cards from me, the first following the 'flowers, lace and tag' row on the Bingo board and using what I think is an Inkadinako stamp......no codes anywhere.....which is stamped and coloured with Aquamarkers and Copics. The DP is Cosmo Cricket and the poinsettias are made with punched from red vellum.


My second card follows the 'flowers, pearls and ribbon' row. The image is Rachael Anne Miller, coloured with Copics and cut our on Nesties. The paper was provided to the DT by this weeks sponsor Robyns Fetish. This card is also for the following challenges:

This week at Polkadoodles, Ruth has given us the theme "Something Spoooooky". I so hoped someone would come up with this one as I love the Halloween section on the new CD Sundaes of Seasons. I'm not big on Halloween usually, but this CD changed all of that, thanks Nikky.

Don't you just love the witch ? I enlarged and printed out some spooky trees onto an A4 piece of cardstock, then decoupaged the witch, toadstools and leaves to make a scene. Created an arched window from acetate and added a couple of dangling spiders. This card is for the following challenges:

Everybody Art - Halloween
Creative Craft - Trick or Treat
Cute Card Thursday - What's Buggin' you (spiders)

40 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Brenda - you have been so very busy!! I don't know where to begin - they are all so fabulous!! Love the framed trees on the first one, the beautiful vintage Xmas image on the second, the goregous Autumn colours on the third, and the acetate screen technique on the fourth!! Hope you find time to relax this weekend after all that hard work!Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Fleur said...

Gorgeous cards B. Molly looks fab
Hugz Fleur xXx

La Vikinga said...

Unusual cards - nice borders with punches!!!

Charlotta

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, you've been very creativ during the last few days, wonderful pieces of art to see.

Anonymous said...

oohhh I've been deserpate to make a stamp order but alas funds arent there just yet. SO I'll live vicariously through you! teehee!

Absolutely love all these awesome designs!

Bingo theme sounds really interesting!

I'll go check it out!

Gorgeous cards dear!!!

Nikbee said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the framed omage on the first one.

Nikki x

Lisa Jane said...

Goodness Brenda - you have bee so busy. They are all wonderful but i do love the first one .. the little window scene is delightful and love the autumn colours
Lisa ;)

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

such a gorgeous array of Autumn cuties. janex

Claire Phillips said...

Wonderful cards Brenda - thanks so much for your well wishes. Really love your forrest scene stamp - you are quite right...needs must! Good luck with the big change over and I really hope it doesn't add any single strand highlights ! Cheers Claire x

Julie said...

Such great cards,your use of the Speedball is fabulous as always,must get mine out again sometime soon! This week's challenge at Scrapbook Sisters is "Flower Power" if you fancy entering. Have a great weekend,Julie.x

Sarah A said...

Wow what a busy bee you have been Brenda, these are all gorgeous!
Love the tree scene in the first one and the vvintage Christmas one is FAB!!

Sarah x

Lynda said...

A fabulous selection of cards Brenda and I bet you've an even better selection of stamps - have you ever counted how many you have lol?

Love Lynda xxx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda, wow what a lot of gorgeous cards they are all fabulous and are all quite stunning in their different ways. With love and hugs Shirleyx

Juls said...

such a gorgeous collection of cards! Love the first on, the colours are amazing, so magical! Hugs Juls

Tracy said...

Oh Wow Brenda you have been so very busy, the vintage has to be my favourite, but that's me. All the others are totally gorgeous too. Love your background and Molly Bloom.
Hope you getting back on form, my back still playing up, but coping ok.
Happy crafting
Tarcy x

Carol Plume said...

what lovely cards...thank you for joining us at SCD this week...hope to see you again soon.

Gunn (Merete) said...

Wow,what a job. These cards are stunning.I so love them.The first one has such beautiful colors.
Tanks for joining us at SFTW.

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi there, wonderful autumnal card, thanks for joining us over at Totally Papercrafts this week, good luck! Heidi x

sandra's crafty corner said...

ooooh very nice hun love it, thanks for playing along at creative craft challenges xxx

Jacee said...

What lovely cards Brenda, you have been a busy bee!

Merry said...

There is something on everyone of your cards that is very inspiring and reminding me to dig something out of my stash to try again. They are all wonderful.

Nicola said...

Oh my you have been busy. Loving all the cards they are all great. Hugs Nicola xx

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

What absolutley gorgeous card.

Anne said...

Hi Brenda
You've been busy!! Wonderful cards sweetie.
Thanks for joining us this week on Totally Papercrafts. Hopefully you'll join us again soon
Anne x

Beryl said...

$ fab cards Brenda - especially like the top one which is a winter scene but looks so warm at the same time.
It was lovely to meet up with Jane - I'm sure you'd love the Port Sunlight show if you ever get the chance. I think I'll be giving the NEC a miss this year but you never know - I could change my mind if things haven't bucked up on the housing market by then.
Beryl xx

Lynne K said...

All gorgeous, but I particularly like the first one. Love the forest scene stamp, which is now on my wish list!. xx

pinky said...

Wow that was a nice little journey, loving all your creations and all so different and lots of little techniques to pick up on! Loved them.
Pinky

Artyjen said...

Thanks for playing along at SCD this week
xoxo Sioux

Craftnut said...

Great Cards Brenda. I am doing at class at sir stamp in December - looks like i had better start saving some pennies :o)

Louise said...

Wow you have been busy Brenda love all your cards and love how you have used that top stamp remember you picking it up in the shop.
Louise xx

Kay Carley said...

Oh my goodness!! Where do you get the time to create all these wonderful cards!! It takes me 2 days just to do one!! xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Wow! What a fab collection of cards and they are all so creative. The scene at the top is just awesome...beautiful colouring.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

So gorgeous creations Brenda! And all of them are different in style, love the vintage one!

Hope you had a fab weekend!

Maarit

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Brenda, these are all gorgeous, such great details and different effects, just fab. hugs Liz xx

PatR said...

Stunning cards Brenda, such a fabulous selection and fabulous techniques.
xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda, love the window in your first card xxx

Linapyssel said...

Hello dear Brenda!

I`m very behind in bloggland I feel! You on the otherhand seems to be on a role!! Lovelly work as allways Brenda, and I really love the mini album for Aysia, what a great book! Her horse is so beautiful tooo!!
I hope this comment finds you well!
Many hugs Lina

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful cards Brenda, you're so clever to be able to create such various different styles.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Whenever I think i cannot learn anything new or be inspired further, I am surprised to note I am wrong, these cards are so individual, and each has its own quality x the acetate card has gone down on my "To do" list, as I got given some scrap acetate from presentation folders, and they would be perfect for this x Leigh x

Laura said...

Great makes. Enjoyed them all.Thanks for joining us this week at SCD.