Friday 1 October 2010

New Challenges, Fabby Prizes

It's the first of the month and that means new challenges at Stampalot and Penny Black at Allsorts.......and my wedding anniversary.......hubby will have had his usual rummage through my baskets of cards trying to remember which ones I said I especially liked.

I know I promised to think outside the box a bit more when I came up with challenge themes although its clear it did not work this month, but they were sent a while back and the girls were all enjoying making their DT cards so left things as they were. Mind you, judging by some of the lovely work in blogland the last week or two, it's a theme you all enjoy.

The top card is my DT card for Stampalot Challenge where the theme is "Autumn Breezes, Buttons and a Bow". I created a background with Tim Holtz rusty hinge, frayed burlap, olive and Glimmer Mist iridescent gold. I then stamped the leaves with bleach using Inkadinkado 97513. The sentiment is Hobby Art GR1353 with a frame made with Nesties using Basic Grey DP and the bird Magenta 41014I. Some lace, punched leaves coloured with the same TH inks and embossed with detail clear, buttons, cord and a flower made with my Tattered Floral Die. This card is also for the following challenge:

Stamping for the Weekend - Autumn Inspired


Another card for Stampalot Challenge, a background created by stamping leaves from Hero Arts CL457 with TH frayed burlap, then covered with Diamond Glaze. When dry I inked the whole piece with TH barn door, wild honey and sage, then overstamped with Hero Arts H2365 old French writing. The fairy is from an unmounted set by Personal Impressions embossed with iridescent powder and her wings glittered. The leaves are punched, the border Martha Stewart woodland branch and buttons, ribbons and raffia to finish. This card is also for the following challenges:

Flutterby Wednesdays - Glitter and Shimmer
Moving Along with the Times - Fairy or Fantasy
Glitterbabes - Embossing wet or dry


This one is my DT piece for this months Penny Black at Allsorts challenge where the them is "Colours of Autumn".......told you I was repetitive. It's quite a quick and simple card to make, but I quite like the effect. I used various Autumnal coloured inks to brayer the backgrounds with masks to represent the changing phases of the moon. The tree is Penny Black 3880F Fantasy, stamped with versafine black and embossed with details clear with stickles added here and there amongst the branches.

I did say there was a lot of it about didn't I, so I am entering the above cards for the following challenges:

Simon Says - Autumn
For Fun - Fall
My Time to Craft - Looks like Autumn

Finally a bit of Christmas. I was sent this new Magnolia die to try out. It's a half circle which you need to match up to cut the other half. I though it was a bit of a faff at first, but once you get used to matching up the dos it's easy and makes a really pretty doily like circle.

I created the easel card on the DS and Cricut Plantin Schoolbook. The DP is K & Co and the image is Penny Black F5075 Sparkle Poinsettia inked with Tim Holtz fired brick and sage and spritzed with water before stamping. I made the poinsettias with punched vellum, added pearl stamens, punched and glittered leaves using Martha Stewart pine branch and gems to embellish. I also decorated an envibox........I found these on the internet the other day, they come flat packed and are brilliant for cards with a bit of dimension that don't really fit into a regular envelope. This card is for the following challenges:

Creative Cottage - Bling it On
Creative Inspirations - Christmas in September
Charisma Cardz - Christmas
ABC - An Easel Card

Stamp Something - Celebrate Something

53 comments:

Mervi said...

Wow Brenda, amazing cards, love each one of them.
Have a happy weekend,-))m

Lisa Jane said...

hi Brenda - wowee fab creations .. cant choose between them!
But i have to say the 3rd one reminds me of the jaffa cake advert ( i know everything goes back to food for me lol) ... you know the one where the teacher taking a bite out of the cake and says ... full moon, half moon, etc lol
Thank for joining us at MAWTT this week with your fairy card too
Lisa ;)

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Mr Brenda.

Your cards are stunning as always. Love the first card the most xx

Heather said...

Four fabulous creations Brenda. i love the Panny Black tree - so versatile and wonderful stamping.
So glad you could join us in the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx

Kay Carley said...

All such great cards Brenda. I honestly can't make up my mind which one I like the best as they are all so different and beautiful in their own way! xx

Nikbee said...

Gorgeous cards. I love them all, but I especially love the distressed feel to the first one.

Nikki x

Lou said...

Hi! B oh my these are all just sooooo lovely,being such a tree fan-that card is amazing!!
But love the fairy one too-all those buttons.
The first one has a real natural look and Christmas too-love both.
hugs Lou.xx

Fliss said...

Happy Anniversary Brenda to you and your hubby.
Fabulous bunch of cards here and I love your as yet unposted PD acorn card too.
Glad you saw my link too as I also couldn't make it work without. This one is quite large (fits in a C5 envelope) but if you'd like one that fits in a C6 just give me a bell as I have one for that too. I spent ages trawling to find what I wanted so feel free to take advantage of it!
xx

Gina said...

An absolutely stunning collection of art work Brenda, thank you so much for entering Glitterbabes Challenge this week :D XXX

Sadilla said...

Hi darling!
wonderful cards!! ...and such an autum feeling!! :))
hugs
Sadia

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous collection of cards Brenda!
The bleaching looks fantastic!

Hugs
Maarit

Lynda said...

OMG Brenda what a fantastic set of cards and I've got to say that Fantasy tree one is sensational.

Love Lynda xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Brenda ....
Now all these cards are good but i really like the tree card,its something a bit different. Have a super weekend xx jo xx

Alex said...

Wonderful cards!
Thanks for joining EAC this week!
Hugs, Alex

rozzyb said...

Stunning cards. you have been busy. Happy Anniversary to you both. Hope you have a wonderful weekend
hugs rozzy xx

PatR said...

Wow Brenda what a wonderful selection of cards. Love them all but the PB trees are outstanding. Happy Anniversary and I hope you have a good weekend.
xx

mae said...

Hi Brenda!!! Wonderful cards!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, Brenda. Love the tree card, absolutely stunning. Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges this week.
Amelia x

Mummylade said...

stunning work! The trees are absolutely fantastic!!

Unknown said...

These are absolutely gorgeous x Leigh x

Little K Smith said...

Oh wow Brenda! Beautiful cards, but especially love the PB tree one! It's just stunning! Wow again! Love it!
Kelly.x

Ellibelle said...

Wow, Brenda these are amazing!!! Love every single one of them, they are beautifully put together!

Stef H said...

every one of these is gorgeous and a WINNER in my book! wow! thank you so much for joining us at glitterbabe's challenge!

hugs :)

Julie said...

Gorgeous as ever Brenda,love the phases of the moon card! Must share with you,inspired by you I have purchased a Speedball Brayer today! have yet to find some Big and Juicey! there's no info on how best to clean it,is under the tap ok or should I use something special? Have a great weekend,Julie.x

Claire Phillips said...

Ooooo they are all stunning Brenda - I really think you have an amzing breadth of style and fab colour palette's - just gorgeous! Cheers Claire x

Danni said...

Such wonderful creations! thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Pat said...

Hi Brenda,

What a gorgeous selection of card, love the one with the four trees is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

pinky said...

These creation are absolutely stunning!! Love the sentiment in the first, the gorgeous leaf circle in the second, wow to those 4 trees and I so want to make a circle easel!! Thanks for the inspiration.
Pinky

Merry said...

Really love these cards Brenda. The Colours of Autumn card with the tree is just beautiful. Love how the moon changes in each one. Also like the look of that doily die it has come out beautifully. Such a great circle easel card.

Heidi said...

Beautiful cards Brenda! I love your design of the Easal card. So unique! Usually they are square! Thanks for playing the ABC CHallenge.

Di said...

WOW you have been busy!! these cards are all awesome, you are really talented Thanyou for joining SFTW!
Hugs Di xxx

Sally H said...

Wow, Brenda! All super stunning! I love the penny black trees, But my favourites have to be the two for Sir stampalot! Gorgeous colours and beautiful little leaves!

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWW Brenda this is stunning work your selection of card are awesome I love each and everyone.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Brenda Brown said...

These are all gorgeous cards Brenda. I love how you have used colours, stamps, papers and that fabulous sentiment in the first one.
Thankyou for sharing this with us for the fairies and fantasy challenge this week at MAWTT.
Luv Brenda xxxx

Juls said...

as always, fabulous creations!! LOVE the first one, the colours are beautiful I love the flower and the twine detail and the leaves tumbling down the card are perfect!!! you are so talented and artistic! fabulous! HUgs Juls

Kari said...

Hi,Brenda!Wonderful creations all of them!
Fabulous!
Have a lovely day :)

HUgs,Kari :)

Nancy said...

All of your creations are amazing! Thank you for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!!

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us over at MAWTT this week, good luck! hugs Heidi x

Mephisto said...

Hi,
really stunning creations. Thanks for joining in the SimonSays-Challenge this week.

Domi

Mary Ski said...

You have been busy - these are awesome cards! Thanks for sharing with For Fun Challenges

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah these are brilliant, love them all. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Brenda, what a gorgeous Christmas card. I love the image and the punched circle looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Leah l'Orange said...

LOVELY little set, Brenda! the die sounds like a bit of a pain in the tushie, but well worth the effort, clearly! thanks for joining us at Charisma this week! :)

Mel said...

Hi Brenda, brilliant idea with the trees, thye look fab. Mel xxx

Vee said...

Such a lovely Christmas design. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Whisper said...

Am loving what you have done with the Fantasy Tree, i think that must be my most versatile stamp as it can be used in so many different ways, Luv Sam x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

All stunning, but I just love the fairy she looks great!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week!
Good Luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards! I love all the techniques that you used. Really makes each card a custom masterpiece! Thanks so much for sharing with us at For Fun Challenges!!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

WOW!! Your creations are GORGEOUS!! Just amazing!! Thanks for sharing at Glitterbabes!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Very pretty! love those flowers! thanks for playing along with SS!

Basslady said...

stunning cards with awesome design!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Suzie McFloozy said...

Beautiful shaped easel card - love the classic colours x
Thanks for joining us at the Creative cottage challenge blog this week x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Sandra P said...

Each and every one is unique and beautiful! Wonderful work :)

Hugs,
Sandra P