Saturday 1 August 2009

Allsorts challenge 12

Week twelve at Allsorts and when you read this I should be somewhere in the Solent headed for the Bay of Biscay - gosh I do hope the weather is kind because it can rock and roll a bit out there at times. Although I won't be able to blog for the next couple of weeks.....laptop strictly prohibited apparently - can't people be spoilers...... I have schedule several posts so my blog doesn't go into complete hibernation.......all I need is the support of Mr Blogger and all should go according to plan.

This week is Lisa's theme and she challenges you to use 3 flowers, 2 papers and 1 ribbon, plus image and sentiment. This was a really nice one to work with even if I did forget the ribbon initially so improvised and changed the butterflies thorax from gems to ribbon........why not I thought, I do live in a fantasy world most of the time.

My main image is ........OK I know, but had to use it before I left otherwise I might get withdrawal symptoms ....... yes Stampendous P107 (how sad is this I don't even have to check the side of the stamp for codes any more) stamped with versamark and embossed with detail copper. The DP is My Minds Eye and I have cut the circles using Nesties through the Bug. The three tiny flowers were cut with a punch and lightly shaded round the edges with Brilliance copper and the butterfly cut with the lovely XCut punch, all from the same DP. The greeting is one I adore from Hobby Arts GR1353DD stamped and embossed with the same materials as the image. Gems added to the flowers and I explained the butterflies thorax earlier.

19 comments:

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Hi Brenda, I hope your having a wonderful time and feel well. Just been on allsorts and saw your card, your cards are always beautiful but this one is breathtaking. janex

shaz earl said...

Smply gorgeous card Brenda xx

PinksyDoodles said...

Fabulous Brenda, I love how you have improvised to add the ribbon - it looks like you planned it all along!
I hope you are having a great time.
Clare x

Kari said...

What a wonderful card! I love the butterfly:)
Hope you have a wonderful time:)

Hugs,Kari:)

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love the ribbon on the butterfly...what a happy accident!
Hope you're having a fab holiday!
Helen x

Louise said...

have a fab holiday, your card is beautiful

Juls said...

beautiful! I love the soft colours! and thhink your use of the ribbon is very clever!

Lynne K said...

What a pretty card, Brenda. That's one of my favourite stamps, I love butterflies, & anything Nesties, so it ticks all the right boxes for me. Gorgeous! Hope you have a great holiday.

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card I adore the colours and the image those added little flowers set it off nicely.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Nannieflash said...

Wow Brenda, your card is stunning, beautifully coloured as well, what a talented lady you are. Hope you have lovely holiday take care with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

chris said...

have a wonderful time and we will just sit and wait!!beautiful card once again . lots of love chris xx

cheryl said...

beautiful card have a great time and take care love cheryl xxxxx

Nannieflash said...

Morning Brenda, I know Ive visited before but I wanted to let you know that Ive left you an award on my blog, I do so hope you will accept it, with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Claire Phillips said...

A really beautiful card - deliacte and lovely. Cheers Claire x

Lynda said...

Gorgeous as ever Brenda - one of my favourite stamps too.

Love Lynda xxx

lisa said...

Hi Brenda. Hope all that sea air is doing you good. This is a beautiful card using one of my favourite stamps.

Lisax

Liz said...

A beauty Brenda xx
liz

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous, wonderful image and beautiful work.
Hope you have a fabulous time.
luv
Debby

Ольга said...

Very beautifully. Stylishly!