Tuesday 8 September 2009

Creative Card Crew

A late posting today, busy in the office and crafting having to take a back seat, inconvenient or what. But at least the sun shone for a while this afternoon, even if I did only see it through the windows.

So this weeks Creative Card Crew challenge - this was made for me - "Have a Fairy Nice Day", everyone knows I love fairies and relish the opportunity to go fantasy.......well with so many living at the end of the garden.......now don't anyone dare tell me there are non at the end of theirs and it's all a figment of my imagination......cummon now, humour me.
Here I have combined Lavinia Flower Fairy stamp with the swirls from Inkadinkado 97513.......I am still so in love with this set.......it might just be a tincy winsy bit obvious from what I have created the last week or two.

I created the background by brayering Big and Juicy Waterfall ink but just using the lighter half as I did not want the dark blue, rolling off the excess before applying to my cardstock then rotating the card and repeating the same on the other side so I got the graduation equal. I then brayered the centre with Tim Holt worn lipstick, but rolling off most of the colour before adding it to the centre of my cardstock so I got a very very subtle pink hue.

All stamping was done with versafine black and embossed with detail clear and finally some little Lavinia toadstools and art impression leaves round the edges. I highlighted the fair wings and leaves with stickles and some gems.

I cut a double frame from a dark purple and lilac cardstock and repeat stamped the top layers with the leaf from the above Inkadinako set using Hero shadow ink pool, green and blossom. The frame does actually stand away from the stamped piece, but it does not really show up on my picture. I stamped further leaves with the same ink and embossed with detail clear and decoupaged across the bottom of the frame.

21 comments:

Juls said...

stunning! Love the silhoutte image! It works so well with the lilac! Just gorgeous!

eiyiyi said...

Gorgeous. That fairy is stunning. As always, your work is beautiful. eileen xoxo

Sally H said...

Beautiful! I think I might have to buy that fairy at Harrogate!

Tigerlilly2608 said...

Beautiful card, I love that fairy, well done keep up the great work hugs xx

Liz said...

Stunning Beautiful fairy

Liz xx

Christine said...

Hi Brenda this is gorgeous love the colour combo & vert pretty fairies..

hugs Christine xx

Tracy said...

Oooo so gorgeous, my favourite, Fairies! If there's fairies at the bottom of my garden god help them the way my kids kick their balls about Lol!
Happy crafting
Tracy x
P.s. there all safe really.

Merry said...

Oh this is such a wonderful card. We have a special fairy garden at our place. :-) Thanks for visiting over my way and leaving lovely comments.

Francesca said...

fantastic card , wonderful details

Hugs
Francesca

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

I think all these Lavinia stamps were made especially for you.

You make such wonderful cards with them.

This creation is stunningly beautiful.

Love Jules xx

Nilla said...

We can see you love them, Brenda, with such a beautiful card! Wonderful detailed! Hugs Nilla

issy said...

So so beautiful. I love it.

issy

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning card Brenda!!! Lovely stamp art with gorgeous colours. Don´t stop believing in fairies hun, as long as you do they´ll be there for you :)

Hugs
Maarit

Lynda said...

Just love your fairy cards too Brenda and this one is beautiful. Am going to the Harrogate Papercraft Show on Saturday and my wish list contains Lavinia stamps and Glimmer Mists - I just have to give in to the temptation.

Love Lynda xxx

lisa said...

Another stunning card Brenda. We have fairies at the bottom of our garden too, in fact I think we have them living all over the house!!!!

Lisax

Unknown said...

Gosh I seem to have missed lots you know I love these stamps may have to go bk for more lol so much stash & so little cash.....

Love Dawn xx

Oh thanx for poppin by my blog & leaving a lovely comment xx

Kari said...

Oh,I missed this yesterday...but it`s so lovely,I love fairies :)Gorgeous colours and the leafs is wonderful :)

Hugs,Kari:)

Lesley Edmonds said...

How did I miss this - it is so beautiful! Love it!
Lesley x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

OMG - this is stunning Brenda. I haven't seen such a beautiful card in ages. That image is awesome!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Sharon xx

Nicola said...

Wow what a beauty Brenda. Your image is gorgeous , yep I have fairies at bottom of my garden too, and your background is stunning.
Thank you for playing along with us at the Creative Card Crew.
Nicola -x-

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Hi, Brenda.. Not had much time for hopping lately, so have some catching up to do! This is gorgeous! Love the femininity of the fairy silhouette and swirls combination.. Just perfect! And I love purple, so this is bound to be a hit with me, just for that reason alone! ;o)

Hugs,
Chris xx