Saturday 22 August 2009

Friday Sketchers

Another great sketch at Friday Sketchers this week which I have used to create another card for next weekends Christmas Launch at Sir Stampalot with the new release Penny Black stamps.......the new release Hero ones are still in the box waiting, but promise to share some of what I do with them as soon as I get there.

This card used the poinsettia from Penny Black 30-036 unmounted set. I love to work with poinsettias as they lend themselves so well to decoupage which is what I have done here. Stamped with versafine black and embossed with detail clear three times onto vellum. The circles were cut with Nesites on the Bug from My Minds Eye DP's. The swirls across the bottom were stamped with black Stayzon using another new set from Inkadinkadoo 97513......I need to do more with this set as it has some gorgeous leafy swirls and tree.

I stamped the poinsettias several times more onto shrink plastic and some holly from the Penny Black set as above.. All were coloured with Brilliance.......I add it straight from the pad to the plastic, this is such a quick and easy way to colour your images before shrinking if you want colour and not too much detail is required. Finally, gems added to the large poinsettia and a greeting.

10 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

This is amazing - I love the flowers and holly made from shrink plastic - awesome!
Clare x

Sirpaliina said...

Very beautiful card and beautiful color.

Tracy said...

This is a really lovely and sophisticated card.
I love everything about it.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Hiya This is a gorgeous card,i love the poinsettias xx jo xx

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous has a lovely lose drawn feel to it. Have only just re-discovered inkadinkadoo and their clear stamps loving them.

Kari said...

This is wonderful,Brenda!Beautiful colours and those flowers are amazing;)
Wish you a lovely weekend;)

Hugs,Kari:)

pinky said...

Beautiful, I love these flowers, nothing else looks better at Christmas.
Pinky

eiyiyi said...

Wow, this one is a beauty. love the pointsettia. hugs, eileen

coldwaters2 said...

Out of this world...how stunning I love it Brenda.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Irene said...

Hello Brenda

Wow, a fabulous Poinsetta. Gorgeous card for Christmas.

luv
irene
xxxx