Morning everyone, we have a new challenge starting today at Tag-Along (and ATC's) challenge and in case some don't know, that also included bookmarks! I am your (very predictable) host with the theme of Autumn. Our prize this month is a Penny Black stamp, stickers and silk ribbon form Buddly Crafts.
My tag above uses stamps from Lavinia's recent Loomweavers collection and AALL and Create base tag, the skirt and bodice cut from DP offcuts and finished with some silk ribbon and twine (some as in prize, it's ivory but colours well with watered down DI's). Another for the Autumn theme at Sweet Stampin' plus Little Red Wagon and Four Seasons.
My trio of ATC's were pretty quick to make as they use ready cut TRR dies and the bases cut from an inky piece of card in my background drawer. It's always been a habit to have a splurge cutting a good few of each new TRR die to have them ready for use. Being a non colourist (it's my least favourite form of crafting) I appreciate the Reflection artwork. And below a simple Autumnal bookmark using a Penny Black stamp long discontinued. Am entering my ATC's at The Dream Factory Autumn/Fall challenge and the same at ATC's around the World. And entering the bookmark into Outlawz Anything but a Card.
This is a last minute addition to an already scheduled post, I will admit readily I had no intention of mentioning any of this, but one or two close friends as well as family said I was being foolish. I've had a hang up about my age since I was about 30, diagnosed with MS and told my days of activity were numbered etc, etc.......so to hint at my age by admitting that hubby and I are celebrating a special Anniversary has taken some courage on my part.
I was a child bride in a designer dress and just into what they now call sixth form, he not much older and for whatever reason my parents gave their blessing so obviously most said it wouldn't last. I'll say no more than a card arrived this week from The Palace, apparently they only send them for this Anniversary and upwards!
I made the card above for hubby, maybe not what some would consider suitable for such an occasion, but we're not into slushy words and when he's not working in his office he's in the garden. He loves yellow flowers, has more pots stacked up than the local garden centre, Robins his favourite Bird and the little Dog at the front so like our little Poopy who we lost last year at 13, he was given her as a puppy for Father's Day. Apart from the A&C background stamping, everything is TRR/Highlight.
There's apparently a 'surprise' gathering this weekend, which of course we know nothing about, to be fair, all we know is get dressed ready to go out! So today to kick things off in suitable fashion with Covid and Flu jabs, but later off to Ely for Afternoon Tea.

23 comments:
Congratulations to you both. Your creations are beautiful as always. I don't think Autumn is predictable, I love it. Vee xx
Beautiful autumnal projects Brenda,many Congratulations to you both on your special anniversary xx
Congratulations to you both on your special anniversary xx and you have made gorgeous tags, atc and cards Brenda................gr karin
Congratulations Brenda - you have proved the sceptics wrong on many counts!! may your Special Anniversary be memorable for all the right reasons
I also like to make my cards according to whom they are going to - very rarely do I make one 'blind' as it were, unless I am trying to get ahead of my daughter raiding my stash!!
I so enjoyed your post - the autumnal toned projects are beautiful. I would never have guessed that you did not like colouring, as your backgrounds are always so beautiful.... but when I think about it, I realise you use silhouette stamps a lot, paper piecing, or coloured ink on stamps :)
Blessings
Maxine
Congratulations! Enjoy your afternoon tea.
Beautiful colours for your Lavinia tag and I love the use of those little flowers at the bottom. A wonderful set of ATC's with the lovely fox in action. A lovely celebration of autumn on your bookmark too. Your anniversary card is so pretty and love that little dog and the robin.
Wow! I love everything you made in this post Brenda. The Lavinia is tag is luscious, the fox ATCs are gorgeous and the beautifully coloured leafy bookmark is superb.
The anniversary card you made for your DH sounds like it is perfect for him. Many congrats on your special anniversary. May you enjoy your family’s surprise. Xxx
Beautiful autumnal creations, a pretty seasonal outfit for a fairy, a trio of playful foxes and lovely leafy bookmark. I'm sure hubby will love the card you made him, thoughtfully designed with images that will be special to him. Congratulations to both of you on your special anniversary- hope you enjoy the 'surprise'!!
xx
Congrats on your special anniversary. No idea what number that would be to get a letter from the palace, unless it's 100 bwahahahaaaahahahaa. But seriously, well done and enjoy the surprize party. Loved the tag with the clothes. Such fun. Hugz
All are beautiful creations, the fairy dress tag is so fun and pretty!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
The Four Seasons Co-Owner
Love the fairy dress and of course the other autumnal projects. Congratulations on your Big Anniversary (great to make DH a card which suits his likes) and enjoy your 'surprise'.
Happy Anniversary to both of you!! Your bookmark, ATC's and card are stunning, your anniversary card for hubby is fabulous. I would of never known you didn't like coloring, I just thought backgrounds was your specialty and favorite technique!
Congratulations on your special anniversary Brenda, how wonderful! Enjoy the surprise gathering this weekend!
I absolutely love the card you made for your husband and I am sure he loved receiving it! A gorgeous tag, bookmark and set of ATCs too. Each one so unique and beautiful!
Gorgeous autumnal makes Brenda. Beautiful designs as always, love the pretty shaped tag die too.
More importantly - Huge congratulations on your special anniversary. I hope you have had a wonderful day celebrating.
Lorraine x
Happy anniversary Brenda. I hope your "surprise" has some actual surprises in it. And a card from the Palace, this is really something. Your pieces are really lovely and all scream autumn. I particularly like the fox triplet and that leaf bookmark is beautiful. That little pup on the card is great, and I think that's a great card for your husband. We're not into mushy sentiments either; in fact mine would prefer a good laugh of some kind. Happy new month to you. hugs-Erika
Congratulations on your special anniversary. How special, enjoy xx
Congratulations on your special anniversary, I don't know how many years it would be to recieve a card from the palace, how amazing.
Beautiful colours on your fairy outfit and I love the scallops around the tag frame..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
Luv CHRISSYxx
Fabulous makes as always B! MANY congratulations to you and Eddy on your milestone anniversary. Lovely to get the Palace card - I imagined as much and that's why your JL card was chosen. Also as a reminder of Owen's Investiture.
Have a wonderful few days of celebrations - photos please! Sending love and hugs. Di xxx
Adding, I am guessing it must be your 60th , we are celebrating our 65th this year which is apparently blue saphire. I doubt that I will be getting any thing as my OH is in hospital care and would not think of organising it himself, so will have to do something myself!
Lovely Autumn makes Brenda and I'm sure hubby loved his special card.
Congratulations on your Anniversary and how lovely to receive a card from the Palace to mark the occasion. Enjoy your surprise celebrations this weekend. Avril x
Congratulations Brenda, I hope you both had a lovely day. Such a special card you made Hubby, and all your other creations are fabulous too! xxx
Congratulations to you both, how wonderful to have a surprise to look forward too also, enjoy.
Your creations are, as always so beautiful, the colours are perfectly autumn and the designs are lovely, the little dog is really so sweet.
Enjoy your day. xx
Fabulous projects Brenda, love that fairy dress tag! Many congratulations on your anniversary and it sounds as though you were going to have a lovely day celebrating.
Post a Comment