Saturday 18 February 2023

Down the garden path


Morning everyone, Saturday and time for a new challenge at Allsorts where the theme this weeks is ''Anything Goes with the option of Wings'. You can find a photo of all the February prizes from WOWVOWCraft Stash, AALL and Create and Ruth Hamilton Design, more details on the challenge blog.

It's also mid month time at We Love Stamping and Stamping Sensations where our themes are of course Anything Stamped at both with options of 'Add a stencil' and 'A sketch'. Prizes are from Oakwood who will be sending the winner a bundle of stamps and/or dies and Highlight Crafts with two prizes of a set of Vintage Inc stamps and a die set. A heads up that Oakwood are on Create and Craft today at 7am and 11am. 

I am also entering the current Lavinia Challenge 'From me to You", I rarely enter challenges due to visual impairment which makes it difficult adding links so I just stick with those for my own challenges. But I've come up with a plan to keep a list with html links for a few challenges so I can copy and paste, will see how it goes!! 

Oh how I remember that Beatles song, I queued with a friend for hours to get tickets to see them in concert in Cambridge, we were eleven, sadly we dare not let our children do that these days. But we got front row tickets and it was awesome.

At Allsorts we're down the end of the garden checking on what the Fairies are up to, the Badger has gone to take a peek as well. I used Pan Pastels to build up the background colour, then stamped the distant trees with second/third generation stamping, then the foreground trees and then the Fairies and Badger. More Pan Pastels and torn paper to ground the, all, some white highlight and colouring to the trees and finally the obligatory glitter.


A second card using AALL and Create Through the Meadows, it's an A4 set with three really good sized images. The background is a mop up from my spray box.....an Amazon delivery box which has a corrugated bottom, hence to pattern. The image stamped with Versafine Clair Nocturne, a couple of the smaller
 circles stamped again along with the Butterfly onto vellum and heat embossed with detail gold EP, a pen nib for the Butterfly's thorax and the word Butterfly stamped twice and fixed with a metal clip.

Below my SS card made with stamps gifted to me by a crafty friend at Christmas, it's a card I will probably keep for one I keep for one of our Son's Birthday as he walks miles with his two dogs. I flipped the sketch to add the sentiment at the top which is from A&C's A4 Pinecone set. The central circle is a Gelli Plate acrylic background, the tree stamped with Versafine Acorn and the man and dog with Nocturne.


And finally my WLS shares, the first using one of the images from the Create and Craft recent release which proved so popular, this one is called Mans Best Friend (no link as new and not on the web site yet but available from C&C) and has three really large images plus smaller worker stamps and sentiments. The Dachshund stamped with Versafine black and embossed with details clear EP, our youngest Granddaughter has a Dachshund called Bramble so this one will get well used. The bow was stamped again, coloured and paper pieced plus some stencilling in the background.


One final share using the Tulip from Using Highlight Vintage Inc Petals and Lace collection, stamped around the border of the cardstock, coloured in, stencilling in the centre and a sentiment from my Moments stamp set.


Happy weekend one and all.
 
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.

43 comments:

meg said...

A fabulous inspirational selection of cards Brenda,especially love the Dachshund

Liz said...

Wonderful collection of cards, Brenda. I especially love the first one, a beautiful Lavinia scene. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ciao Brenda, una splendida carrellata di ispirazioni!! Le fate sembrano indaffarate, ma hanno sempre una pace che noi umani difficilmente abbiamo... LOL Il tasso è delizioso e mi piace molto come i due alberi uguali ma specchiati creano il passaggio per il sentiero, mi piacerebbe incamminarmi e vedere dove porta.. :) Prima o poi devo procurarmi qualche albero di Lavinia, sono stupendi.
Bellissimo il pattern del background con il cartone riciclato del pacco, e la farfalla con il pennino al posto del corpo è un bel punto focale.
La card per SS mi piace molto, adoro il background così fresco che mi ricorda una mattina presto. Ogni volta che vedo usare un gelli plate circolare mi riprometto di comprarmene uno. Bellissimo anche il timbro.
Quel bassotto col fiocco azzurro e i cuori è davvero adorabile!!! E il sentiment perfetto! E che dire della splendida card primaverile con i tulipani? Davvero luminosa, una promessa di Primavera che tutti aspettiamo! :)
Abbi una bellissima giornata, ti mando un abbraccio!

Aquarius said...

A wonderfully varied selection of cards - lots of super ideas

KarinsArtScrap said...

you have made a gorgeous card on top Brenda and the other cards are very beautiful

gr karin

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your fairyland is fantastic. I do adore the badger you used and the way you built up the scene....fabulous

Lisa said...

I really love the white highlighting in your Livinia scene. It adds to the depth of the scene. Great images too.

The collage feel on the second card is wonderful and the addition of dimension with the butterfly is very eye appealing.

Great dog images on the third and fourth cards. I am always on the lookout for more dog images for all my pet donation cards.

Love the framing of teh tulips around that sentiment too. Super colors you used.

Carole said...

A plethora of inspiration as always brenda. I find it hard to scroll past the first card, you are o good at your scenes and Lavinia stamps are just beautiful.The next one that stops me is the man and dog...love it. Where are those stamps from?, I see my son walking his dog ! ...and then I also like the tulips in a frame, what a clever idea na da bright and cheery card. the others are nice too, the sentiments on the sausage dog one made me smile, and your butterfly with the pen nib, clever! xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous set of cards full of different techniques and inspiration.
Lorraine

Lynne said...

Fabulous selection of cards Brenda. Your first one has so much detail, it is wonderful x

Sarn said...

Such a lovely array of cards Brenda. All really pretty (plus one suitable for a masculine card). xxx

Ellibelle said...

Lots of amazing work here, Brenda. I am loving each one. Fabulous background you achieved with the corrugated cardboard and a simply magical garden path view! Your dog cards are so fun and how perfect is the one you are saving for your son's upcoming birthday! Of course you can never go wrong with colorful tulips! Soon they will be blooming in my garden!!

Chris said...

There is always so much inspiration to be gained from a visit to your blog Brenda, so many techniques employed in the variety of cards you create. This week the beautiful Lavinia card is inspiring me to use my sadly neglected Pan Pastels, can't remember the last time they saw the light of day. The downside of the visit is I always 'need' the stamps you showcase so well- The dog ones are top of my list this week- and I haven't even had time to use the last ones I bought yet!! So many gorgeous cards this week! xx

Pauline C said...

Another amazing set of cards Brenda .. so much to look at and so much detail with lots of techniques, it’s hard to know where to start with commenting. I particularly love your intricate fairy scene, and the the stamping and background techniques on the butterfly card which is one of my favourite sets of stamps by A&C. Your dachshund is very cute and I love the multi coloured stencilling on that one, and that’s a great scene with the man walking a dog .. great masculine card.
Pauline x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection of cards Brenda love all the backgrounds and stamps-beautiful scene on the first and really love the butterfly one-John got to see the Beatles when they came to Hull -he is always bragging because he got to see Jimi Hendrix and The Cream plus quite a few more before I met him!
Carol x

Babs said...

Hi Brenda , hope you’re keeping well. What absolutely beautiful cards, love down the garden path so beautiful and that cute little K9 card how sweet, amazing inspiration as always..
Babs x

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! What an amazing assortment of cards, B! Each one is so unique and lovely. I'm partial to your Lavinia creations. That first card with the emergence of Spring is incredible! I'd never made a Lavinia card with layers of colors like yours is. And the masculine Lavinia card looks especially great with the stencil shapes you achieved. Beautiful cards. hugs, de

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous collection of cards Brenda, , absolutely adore your Fairy card and that Dachshund is brilliant, love him.
Love the design of your tulip card too.
Avril xx

Glennis F said...

Wow! You have had such a busy week! Love them all but especially the Lavinia scene

Fikreta said...

thse cards are stunning!

HilaryJane said...

Wonderful set of cards today and all such different styles. I can't choose a favourite xx

Gail said...

I love coming to visit!
What a great assortment!
Your scenes are always fabulous!
Really like the butterfly card!
The dog Images are great!
The tulip border is so pretty!
Hope you're well!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Amazing work Brenda - I am in awe of what you create and in such prodigious numbers too. I think the butterfly card is the one that I loke the most.. but they are all fabulous
Blessings
Maxine

Fiona said...

wow Brenda...these cards are just stunning! Where do you find the time lol.

I do love that daschund, he's cute!

Fi
x

Conny said...

Really wonderful collection of cards, Brenda! I especially love the first one, that is an amazing card!

Hugs,
Conny

Pat said...

So many beautiful cards today Brenda, all so different and all gorgeous, my favourite is the first one with the lovely scene and all the delightful Lavinia stamps.

Pat xx

pinky said...

Beautiful selection of cards Brenda. I absolutely adore the fairy cards. They really seem to capture me when I look at them. Thank you so much for my beautiful card. I did email but wondering if I sent it to an old email address! But it was well appreciated. Hugs
Pinky

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a fabulous collection of cards Brenda, I especially love the first one.

Anne

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fabulous collection of cards Brenda. I love the mopped up texture the bottom of the box has given the second card.

Sue xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Five breathtaking creations Brenda. All very individual and different, so it makes hard to choose between them.

Love them all.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous selection of cards Brenda. I particularly love the top one, and the magical scene you've created for it.
Lorraine x

Sarah said...

What a wonderful crop of cards Brenda!! I just love the sausage dog and Wander without Purpose really strikes a chord. What a memory to treasure xx

Linby said...

A wonderful array of creativeness today. I do love the sausage dog and that fab sentiment the most though.

Dena J said...

Stunning cards. I especially love the one with butterflies and gold. You certainly created a fabulous background with the splatter box!!

Wendy L said...

Our Queen of stamping, theyall look wonderful, xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What an amazing display of artistry with your stamping Brenda. Such a gorgeous mix of designs, images, colours, and inventiveness. You really are such a clever lady.
Faith x

Sandra H said...

Totally stunning cards X

Mervi said...

Wow, amazing cards from the first to the end, gorgeous sausage dog;-))m

Carol L said...

What a wonderful array of pretty cards! I love the beautiful scenery on the first, but I'm partial to the dachshund card since I used to have one! I just LOVE that sentiment too - very punny and very cute :)

Tina Z. said...

Wow, what a stunning collection of cards. You are incredible with all these techniques. I saved these cards for my future inspirations, thank you. Crafty hugs xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A wonderful inspirational collection of cards and great techniques too Michelle x

Greta said...

You had front row seats for The Beetles when you were 11?! Wow--that is really something! Love all your cards, Brenda, but the man walking his dog is my favorite!

Debbie said...

Wow, what an amazing array of cards you’ve made. All so different but fabulous. Hugs xx