Saturday 7 January 2023

Something New at Allsorts


Morning Peeps, a New Year and Mervi has chosen a theme to match at Allsorts, it's 'Something New'.  

This months prizes come from OakwoodStamp AddictsSizzix and AALL and Create and  there is a change to how we will be announcing prizes and in future. We will now be announcing them on the last Friday of each month covering the preceding months challenges. This makes the admin side of things much easier for us, especially given the changes we are experiencing with postal services here in the UK. There is a list on the challenge blog sidebar so you can check dates of prize winners posts.

I'll confess it's not a new stamp but I have done a new YouTube tutorial making this one so I am part way there, you can find it on the Oakwood channel here and my own here.

I have used this beautiful Stampendous Peony Pair which really lends itself to paper piecing. In the background I have used Stampendous Signature Script tall DL stamp, inked with three shades of Oxides, spritzed with water and stamped. I then stamped the focal image, bleached out the leaves and then added a little colour, stamped again using Oxides onto snippets of card, cut out and paper pieced the blooms. Words from one of the Oakwood sentiment sets, little Hare from Woodland Animals and washi tape to finish. 

This is also going over to the Snippets Playground, lots of snippets on display in the YouTube for this one.

Next the winner of the die set on my end of year post below, I gave each comment a number and Random Dog (aka Holly the Lab) selected no 25 who is Helen, no photo of them all doing the draw this time as had to be done on the quiet as Daisy is poorly after an op this week for a mammary tumour. 

She had one two years ago, that was 'low grade' and she got over it OK, but this one was much larger and came up very quickly, I was worried if they would operate as she is twelve and a half, but our vet is brilliant, saw us right away and operated the same day. Now waiting for path results and praying. Helen, please let me have your details so I can send the die to you.


As you will realise from above it's been a hectic week with vet visits and again I am late sharing my card to Tina in Slovenia as part of the December Card Chain Challenge and also the one I received from Hilary below.


Have a good weekend and my thanks as always for your visits and kind words.
 
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.

34 comments:

Sarn said...

Two beautiful inky makes from you in what sounds like a very hectic week. Hope Daisy makes a good recovery. Xxx

meg said...

Two beautiful cards,love the colours on the peony,thank you for the tutorial. I hope Daisy makes a full recovery

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two stunning cards, both with your fabulous signature inky backgrounds, I must practice more :) Hoping for a full recovery for Daisy too x
Lorraine

Carole said...

Two beautiful cards to kick off 2023. Hope it is a better year health wise for you. x

Pauline C said...

Very pretty card Brenda .. love the technique on the scripted background, and the bleaching and colouring. Hope all goes well with Daisy’s test results and she makes a good recovery
Pauline xx

crafty-stamper said...

Both fabulous cards and stamps,love the script background-and wishing Daisy a good recovery
Carol x

Lisa said...

What a beautiful floral image and you colored it so beautifully too. It is great when we have time to try new techniques we find on YouTube or other places. It helps break up the monotony in our crafting.

Chris said...

Fabulous cards Brenda, the paper-pieced peonies on the first one have such impact - they truly are amazing! Beautiful stamps and colours on the second.
I do hope Daisy is ok- if it's any comfort the same thing happened to Lucy, a lovely English Setter who was part of our family years ago. Vet warned us that because of her age she might not make it through the op and they would keep her for observation for at least 2 days after. Later that same day the vet called us, said she was amazing, had the heart of a 2 year old and to come and collect her. All was fine with her test results and she lived another two and half years- a ripe old age- with no further problems I'll keep my fingers crossed hoping for the same for Daisy.
xx

Mervi said...

Fabulous and stunning cards.
Hope Daisy is better now;-))m

Tina Z. said...

I wish Daisy speedy recovery, oh, I hope she is not in pain...
Your cards are stunning as always and I am so happy to have this masterpiece at home, thank you so much. And beautiful card from Hilary.
Crafty hugs xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning cards Brenda, I love the peony and the fab background. I'm off to see the video. The reindeer card is fabulous too, a super background again and a wonderful wreath. Love them both. I hope your Daisy recovers soon and is OK. It's so worrying when they are ill.
Faith x

Ellibelle said...

I'm sorry to hear Daisy had to have surgery, hope she is recovering quickly!
Both of your cards are gorgeous! As much as love winter and Christmas themed cards is always so nice to see more florals and spring things in blog land! And you received a beauty from Hilary too!

Linby said...

This is so lovely, been ages since I did any paper piecing.Your second card is very atmoshperic and I like how you used the Lavinia berries.
thinking of Daisy. L x

Di said...

Fabulous cards B as always - perfection and so lovely to see you not only in the Snippets Playground but also on YouTube! Showing a few tricks of the trade - do make more videos if you get a chance. I really loved watching and listening. Positive thoughts for dear Daisy - it's such a worry when our furry friends aren't well. Dudley sends a special cuddle for her - and you too! I expect you could do with it right now with lots going on.

Love and hugs

Di xxx

Imke said...

Brenda, your card for the CCC is fabulous. I like the background and the vintage style. Also the card from Hilary is lovely.
Happy to join this fun Challenge too.

Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

HilaryJane said...

Love that random background and the stunning orange flowers. I shall try to find a moment to watch your video. Your CCC card is just perfect too, love the starry background. I am glad you like my card too. Hope Daisy makes a quick recovery xx

Gail said...

Beautiful cards.
I will have to wander over to UTube!
Your cards are always amazing, and look like they are a LOT of work.
What can I say, I'm lazy maybe!?
Hope you are well!
Wishing Daisy a speedy recovery!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hai dato vita alle belle peonie con la tua bellissima card e sono andata a vedermi il video, è davvero di ispirazione e pieno di utili consigli. Non ho mai usato la candeggina, devo provare. Stupenda la card per Tina, davvero luminosa e positiva con i bei timbri di Lavinia, lo sfondo a stencil e la palette che hai usato.
Mi dispiace tanto per l'operazione di Daisy, spero che siano buoni e che si riprenda presto!!
Un grande abbraccio!

Gerrina said...

Love the Allsorts card! Sorry to read about Daisy! Sending much positive energy and thoughts her and your way! Hugs, Gerrina

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful and gorgeous cards Brenda

gr karin

Lynne said...

Both your cards are fabulous Brenda, but the stag is my favourite with the reds against your bright background. Hope Daisy is recovering well from her op xx

Wendy L said...

Lovely cards Brenda. Love the purple bird on green, fab, xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Two stunning cards Brenda...theres always so much colour on your cards...love them

Anne

KraftyKoolKat said...

Two really gorgeous creations Brenda. I adore them both. I hope Daisy gets over her operation soon and can join in with the fun again.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Brenda, sorry to hear about Daisy, I hope she makes a full recovery.
Your two cards are so beautiful, wonderful stamping and images and beautifully coloured, take care, Kate x

enkulin käsityöt said...

Very pretty cards Brenda

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Beautiful cards as always Brenda. Hoope everything is well with Daisy and she's improving after her op.

Seu xx

Sarah said...

Oh Brenda, I do hope that Daisy is recovering well and that the outcome will be a good one. What a shame she missed out on the "random dog" duties. Beautiful cards, that stag is a very majestic chap xx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful creations Brenda the images and colours looks wonderful especially the top one it makes you feel like there is sunshine around, superb work
hugs
lolo x

Donna Ellis said...

thanks for the video, Brenda, it's always a pleasure hearing your voice. Your cards are just lovely. I especially am in love with the stag, and that incredible sentiment "Trust Your Journey". Hoping Daisy is soon up and at 'em!
hugs,
de

Pat said...

Love your beautiful Peony stamp Brenda, gorgeous colours with a lovely background. I hope all goes well with Daisy.

Patxx

Vicky Hayes said...

It's always a pleasure to come and see your beautiful cards Brenda. I love the paper-pieced peony (try saying that quickly!!) in that warm orange/yellow. The card you made for the Card Chain Challenge is wonderful too. The wreath seems to glow against your stunning background. Lovely to see Hilary's beauty too! I'm so sorry Daisy had to have surgery - always such a worry at that age and I know you will have be very anxious about her. Sending hugs and praying too. Vicky x

Greta said...

Your peony card is gorgeous, Brenda! Love the one you made for CCC, too--& Hilary's! So sorry Daisy had to go through this again & sure hope you get good news.

Helen said...

Hi Brenda, belatedly responding to your comment, will send you my details via your email tab on your blog. Many thanks!! the winter blues card is just beautiful! Helen xx