Sunday 6 March 2022

Glorious Spring


Morning Peeps, it's the first Sunday of the month which means the start of our new challenges at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping where our themes are both about 'Spring'. The main prize at SS is a mixed media bundle from Oakwood Archer and at the other stamp sets from Rare Earth. 

A couple more AALL and Create makes, I will be sharing some using the new releases in the next week or so, yesterday I was using them along with the Gelli Plate in demos at The Craft Warehouse, my first in over two years, in fact my first real venture into the outside world since the start of the Pandemic. Apart from essential medical visits and the odd dive into a shop, I've relied totally on home deliveries and Amazon Prime.

Above uses In The Wild and this Bunny has to be one of my favourite A&C images. Using acetate I added just a small amount of Oxide Twisted Citron and Squeezed Lemonade to give soft colour without overpowering. The main image with the Bunny was stamped and coloured in and the flowers stamped again and decoupaged to add extra interest and dimension. Some background stamping and wordage using a variety of A&C images.


The A&C Violets have been combined with a mixture of Penny Black flowers and Wordsworth sentiment all old wood mounted's, Bunnies are Lavinia, all stamped onto oxide backgrounds and my favourite tri fold die which I extended to five panels.


Before I go, a heads up that there are new Stampendous stamps and other goodies on Create and Craft on Tuesday 8th, I can't confirm exact times of shows as it still seems to be a moving target following the merger. Above I used Stampendous Floral Flutter stamped onto  black card and again onto acetate using one of their new Sunflower Sparkle EP's.


A simple stencilled Poppy using DI's, the stencil placed over again and inked with Versamark and detail clear EP. It's doesn't really show in the photo but it creates a nice sheen over the inks.

And will confess it only just occurred to me that I should have posted the card I sent to Marianne in Crete as my exchange in the last Card Chain Challenge. It's been a few weeks where because if health issues and a hospital stay I've not really got my head round craft timelines, c'est la vie.


I do hope you will find time to join in the challenges this month.
 
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.

39 comments:

Helen said...

Morning Brenda and what gorgeous cards. 3 hard won points yesterday but a win is a win!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

such beautiful cards all so different Brenda, great job you always do
Gr Karin

Zoechaos said...

Glorious Spring indeed and a glorious spring day it is. This is a beautiful array of cards so glad all I need to do is come and admire! xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Morning Brenda….stunning cards as usual..all so different … it’s a beautiful sunny day here in Somerset just right for a walk

Anne

Sandra H said...

Beautiful cards they certainly bring spring to my mind x

Sarn said...

Hi Brenda

Such beautiful Spring cards, plus the dramatic black and gold one! Superb! xxx

Vee Cassidy said...

There is no way to pick a favourite from these as all are simply stunning. Congrats on getting out there. Vee xx

Craftyfield said...

Love your bunny card! The bunny will be popping on my blog soon(ish)... Fabulous stencilled card too, the subtle greys in the background, the red of the poppies and that lovely button embellishment, very striking! x

Carole said...

Well as you know I have run out of expletives to describe your cards! These are as always super duper, love the spring colours you have used and your different techniques. Sounds like you are one step ahead of me in the 'getting out' there stakes. take care! xx

Gerrina said...

Love the background on the last one, but the bunnies on the first two are looking so good! A joy as always to come here and see your makes! Enjoy the sunday!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Another day of stunning cards Brenda, you sure have been a busy bee lately. I love the bunny on the top card.

Sue xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Five beauties Brenda, I love them all, but in particular the screen one.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Marlies said...

Beautiful Spring themed cards Brenda. All very well made as allways. Marlies x

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous Spring themed cards but really love the beautiful card with the poppy and stencilled background.Sorry to hear about your hospital stay and hope you are feeling better
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Love this, such a great cards and added goodies ♥

cuilliesocks said...

Oh my goodness Brenda, what stunning array of cards, I love the different styles and images you've used, the most gorgeous of colours too. The golden butterfly is amazing and I love especially the accordion card with all the beautiful violets, Kate x

Chris said...

Oh, glorious spring! What a lovely thought, the sun has disappeared from this part of the country for the last few days- just damp, cold and gloomy when not actually raining! Poor Marvin has been under the hosepipe regularly (not that it bothers him!) as he's a complete mudball when he comes back from his walks! Your spring cards are stunning, beautiful vibrant colours and lovely designs.
xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ciao Brenda, buona Domenica. Ho inserito il mio lavoro su River of Creativity come mi hai suggerito (e come ha detto anche Zoe). Grazie. Mi dispiace che tu abbia ancora pioggia, ma dita incrociate per la prossima settimana!!
Le tue card sono davvero solari e chiamano Primavera così forte!! Adoro la prima, è molto luminosa e mi piace come usi sempre i timbri per creare gli sfondi, è una cosa che non faccio mai, ma un giorno proverò.
Bellissimo il trittico con i fiori gialli e viola che hai esteso a 5 pannelli!! La grande farfalla dorata spicca così tanto sul nero e mi piace come l'hai accompagnata con i tralci e le bacche bianche, molto delicate.
I papaveri sfumati sullo sfondo a stencil con quel cordino nero e il bottone sono deliziosi, mi stupisci sempre per la varietà di tecniche e di effetti meravigliosi!
Ti auguro una buona Domenica!
Abbracci!

meg said...

Hope you're feeling much better after your stay in hospital. A wonderful selection of cards,the Spring colours in the floral elements are so beautiful and the butterfly stunning

Conny said...

Beautiful Spring themed cards, Brenda. All very well made as always.

Hugs,
Conny

pinky said...

You never fail to amaze Brenda, these are just gorgeous and definitely full of Spring! Treat yourself to that flower box die, loads in it!

Pauline C said...

Fantastic set of cards again Brenda ... I absolutely love the colours and layout of the first spring card; I adore the flowers, sentiments and colours on the multi-panel card (I must ask you what that die is, as I do love the look of multi-panel cards like this) - I have also just been looking out that old wood mounted PB daffodil as it is one of my favourite spring images. Your other cards are also fab - the card chain one is so stylish. Glad you had a good day demo-ing yesterday ... I'm currently kicking myself cos i couldn't work up the courage to drive down to Ruthin so I think I may have to console myself in the online shop instead!!
Pauline x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful set of cards Brenda. Love your first card, such a great design. Have a great day. Anesha

Mervi said...

Gorgeous cards all of them, can't pick a fave, you've been busy;-))m

Ellibelle said...

Lots of beautiful creations, Brenda with all these wonderful florals, rabbit and butterflies! And a pretty card you sent to Marianne!
Glad you enjoyed doing the demos and finally are getting out more again!

Mrs.B said...

I do love your Spring creations Brenda and the gold butterfly looks stunning. Gorgeous poppy card, the stencilled background really makes the flowers 'pop'
Avril xx

HilaryJane said...

Another fabulous collection. I don’t know how yo7 do it, your creations never fail to inspire. Great to see your CCCcard too, I bet Marianne was thrilled with it xx

Inkyfingers said...

Oh my! What a fabulous collection of cards, Brenda and I would find it hard to pick a favourite because they are all so lovely!
Hope you are well,
Hugs
Carol x

Fiona said...

another gorgeous selection of cards Brenda...they are all so beautiful.

Fi
x

Linby said...

Beautiful spring cards, I must try and extend the trifold die! It's so very effective.

kiwimeskreations said...

Sorry to hear you have been a guest in one of Her Majesty's institutions again - hope things are back on a even keel now.
Your work is as ever, exquisite Brenda. Loving your slimline card, and the embossing over the stencilled flower must add just so much to it
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous set of creations but do think the rabbit my fav, just love the colours. I hope you are feeling better soon. Healing hugs Emmax

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A stunning set of cards in lovely Spring colours Brenda.
Lorraine

Lynne said...

Sorry to hear you have been in hospital Brenda and hope you are feeling a bit more settled now you're home. All your cards are wonderful with beautiful colours x

Wendy L said...

All so beautiful Brenda, xx

Lee said...

Sometimes,I just can't find the words.Your Creations are all so Breathtakingly Stunning,I Love them all.So very Beautiful,I adore the Bunny one.xx

Greta said...

These are all just beautiful, Brenda!

Pat said...

Beautiful selection of cards Brenda, all so different.

Pat xx

Fikreta said...

Beautiful cards.