Saturday 20 July 2019

It's Poppies again


Morning Peeps, it's Saturday and time for a new challenge at Allsorts where our host is Wendy with the theme of  'Charm's' and we have a super prize from Sizzix. 

Now charms are not something I use often or indeed any embellishments, but like most of us there are a few lurking in my stash so it was no problem hunting down some to create these two cards.

The one at the top is of course Poppies from Penny Black, another favourite stamp, but this time I decided on blue. I first created the background using a stencil and DI's and used the same DI to stamp the PB grasses, then I stamped the Poppies in my usual way using Distress Markers and a spritz of water building up the colours by stamping several times using my stamp platform. Some ribbon across the corner with a little Butterfly charm attached to it.


I kept to all sepia tones for this one using a Penny Black grass stamp and Inkylicious Poppy and Versafine Clair inks. The script was added by inking an unmounted stamp but instead of mounting on a block holding it and bending to just add script here and there. Finally a Penny Black sentiment and again some ribbons and twine to hold the charm.


And just look at this gorgeous collection of goodies I received this week from my friend Alice (scrAPamonod) in Liguria, she knows how much I love anything Italian and there were some beautiful crafting items including Italian sentiments, two packs of delicate lazer cuts from Sardinia and from Alice's own garden a jar of Capers in crystal salt which are going to be perfect with some nice Lemon Sole.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.
 
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.

33 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful cards and lovely happy mail. Have a great weekend. Kitties are doing well,thanks for asking.

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning cards Brenda - I particularly like the sepia toned one - that is fabulous. The goodies look amazing!
Blessings
Maxine

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous cards Brenda and beautiful goodies was sent to you.

Gr Karin

Craftyfield said...

Your first card is such a stunner, Brenda! The second one is a perfect vision of soft vintage hues... I got excited when I recognised Gio's laser cuts amongst your candy, although capers and fish... yum! Have a great weekend. x

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful cards Brenda.

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda, I just love the blue poppies. A fabulous gift from your friend too.

We have finally broken up from school for the summer holidays, although there is a lot of cricket booked in!
Lorraine x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda and a lovely, useful gift box, xxxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards Brenda and a lovely gift from your friend.

Sue xx

Fikreta said...

gorgeous cards Brenda!
have fun with your new goodies!

Ellibelle said...

Two beautiful cards Brenda with the wonderful color choices and such cute charms!
And what a wonderful package you received from Alice!

Mrs.B said...

Two beautiful cards, but I do like the blue poppies, the colours are stunning.
Lovely 'happy mail' , the goodies look fabulous and I'm sure you'll enjoy using them.
Avril xx

Sarah said...

Nothing wrong with poppies Brenda, especially the way you showcase them!! Now that is post worth having!! xx

Helen said...

oh those poppies!!! enjoy your happy mail

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous cards and stamps but love the beautiful blue poppies and your happy mail-hope you are feeling better
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I'm glad you have appreciated the gifts, surely you will make the better use of them, including the capers, just perfect with some fish!! :)
Love so much both the poppies cards, and the random script on the sepia one looks great with the delicate scene and the flying birds!
My favourite is the first card, it has amazing blue shades made with my favourite technique from you :) I have to try again this technique myself, my first attempts weren't good, I put too much water.
Love the delicate stencilled /stamped background, too, and the sweet blue bow with the butterfly in the corner!
Hope you will have a lovely weekend with a bit of sun in your wonderful piece of heaven!
Hugs

Kathleen said...

Two brilliant creations and colour schemes and why not blue poppies, I am sure there will be one day, great contrast with the lovely shade of green.
Beautiful golden card too , love the images and the design.
Two super charms too.

Kath x

Mummylade said...

Gorgeous creations and such a lovely goodie bag you got. Looking forward to see what you make from it :)

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous cards and colours, love the poppy stamp too.x

Marlies said...

Two gorgeous cards especially the blue and green one.
You have received some lovely goodies from your friend.
Marlies x

ALI said...

Beautiful Brenda, love the colours on both x

Linby said...

I love how you combined so many different elements on these cards and yet they still have a nice clean look to them.

Dora said...

Gorgeous cards. Nice all that stuff. What sweet of her. Happy crafting.

Mervi said...

Gorgeous blue and green together, striking card. Another stylish in sepia, both fabulous cards.
Have a great new week;-))m

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two wonderful cards Brenda, I love the blue and green design, a colour combo I've been playing with lately. Where does the time go, I just don't seem to have enough hours in the day so sorry I haven't visited lately.
Lorraine

KandA said...

Two beautiful cards Brenda, I love the blue and green colour combo on the first and the second looks so delicate with the sepia tones xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Two beautiful cards. I love using charms and these look fab. Lovely pressie

Mrs A. said...

I love the blue poppies on your first card . The second looks perfect in the sepia tones. Hugs Mrs A.

Gail said...

Beautiful cards Brenda!
Hope you are well!

Gerrina said...

Both cards look beautiful (I'm totally for blue poppies)! Love the freshness of the first and the vintage-elegance of your 2nd card! Hugs, Gerrina

Tracy said...

Stunning card with the blue Poppies, very refreshing. The charms look lovely too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

HilaryJane said...

I really like how you have created the background on your first card. Lovely colours too xx

Greta said...

2 beauties, Brenda! I really love the sweet charms & they're perfect for these cards! The blue poppies really grabbed my attention!

nnalorac said...

Beautiful cards, loving the colours of the first one. Lovely goodies you received. Carol xx