Saturday 16 February 2019

Coffee and walnut cake and a lavendar cushion


Morning Peeps, time for our new Allsorts challenge and this week Mervi is our host and would like to see 'Cooking, Baking, Kitchen' themed creations, our winner will receive a set of Gingerbread stamps. 

The lavender cushion, well I could have made a lavender cake I guess but I do have a coffee cake to fit the theme which you can see further down and find out about the cushion and also some Chocolate Baroque Hochanda TV shares so a bit of a photo heavy post.


I admit to being totally stumped with this theme, I did have a Penny Black stamp that would have fitted the theme very well, but it wasn't really me and after one inking gave it away to a crafty friend, so I came up with the idea of creating a wedding cake with card, ribbon and flowers, simple as that really, what more can I say!

And an offering of a coffee and walnut cake for family afternoon tea.



And I really should have shared my lavender cushion which you will see at the top last week, it was one I made with one of the new Chocolate Baroque fabric panels which Lesley showcased on Hochanda recently, they are made from the most beautiful fine silk cotton fabric which takes colour so well, I used a mixture of watered down acrylic paint an coffee....espresso of course.......and then edged my cushion with some pears which I sewed on by hand and of course filled with lavender gathered from the garden last Summer.

I am also sharing my 15 minute cards from today's post over at the the Chocolate Baroque blog, for this months posts I made a little gift box of note cards and decorated envelopes using the Perfumery stamps which featured in the January shows on Hochanda. For all of my shares I used Versafine Clair inks, I find them ideal for these cards as the inks do all the talking making without the need for any or little colouring in which suite me just fine.







Happy weekend all.
 
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.

30 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Your cake would look good at a wedding, Brenda, a clever way to make a cake without stamps or dies! The real one looks even better, tantalising even from here! I love the CB cards too, I'm with you here, a simple inking technique showcases the stamps best. Have a great weekend! xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, wow, wow, you have been busy. I love all the creations but that cushion is fab. Can I come round for a piece of that cake , looks yum. Hugs Anesha

Marianne said...

Happy to see you have been creating, Brenda, and some lovely makes as well. Both of your cakes are looking wonderful, and your lavender cushion turned out super pretty.
Marianne x

Dora said...

What a lot to see. You are busy. Beautiful creations. Enjoy your familytime

Cath Wilson said...

Your little lavender cushion turned out beautifully, Brenda - it's absolutely gorgeous!
Love your cake, too - I was looking at a similar one made using dies a couple of days ago, thinking it would be a good one to copy, using rectangles and border stamps, but this is just perfect :-)
Some lovely samples there and a beautifully decorated coffee and walnut cake to make our mouths water, lol. That was my Dad's favourite cake, so I made a lot in the past.
Have a lovely weekend and I hope your health is improving daily :-)

Cath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous collection of cards and a wonderful cushion Brenda, what a beautiful gift for someone special. Your coffee and walnut cake looks delicious too and I'm so glad that it's a photo as it's no good for a diet.

Sue xx

ionabunny said...

Yum yum, your real cake looks delicious. Fun idea with the cake card and the lavender cushion is so pretty. Love your quick cards. Hugz

Gerrina said...

That cake looks great! (Wish I could smell it...or not...don't know if I could resist :)
So many great 15 minute cards for CB; what a treat and you were on a great roll here!
Sweet cake-card, but my favorite is the lavender-rol!! Enjoy the weekend (and maybe some sunshine?) Hugs, Gerrina

Ellibelle said...

Lots of wonderful creations, Brenda. The cake looks delicious and loving your wedding cake card. And so many pretty floral creations as well using those wonderful Chocolate Baroque stamps!

Carole said...

Fabulous makes Brenda...but then you always doe make wonderful things. Love your cards and the cushion too is beautiful...the cake?...save me a slice please!! Hugs xx

Leanne Harris said...

Oh my goodness Brenda, such a selection of beautiful makes and coffee cake and cushion too - wow!!! You have been a busy "B" !!! xxxxx

Wendy L said...

Cake looks yummy except I dont like coffee!!!!!
All your cards look wonderful as they always do Brenda. Xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Brenda and the lavender cushion is exquisite, love the cake, could do with a bit of that just now, Kate x

Mervi said...

wow what a collection, all so stunning creations
and a yummy cake,have a lovely weekend;-))m

Sarah said...

You have been a very busy lady Brenda!! Fabulous makes, the lavender cushion is really lovely and the pearl detail makes it really special. Lovely cards too and your cake looks yummy xx

Lorraine said...

The cards and the cushion look fabulous, so many designs and all so pretty....BUT...that cake....looks delicious!!
Lorraine x

Kathleen said...

An absolutely delishous post, two really lovely cakes and some super cards all with pretty colours and gorgeous flowers, brilliant ways of showcasing the lovely stamps. The cushion looks great too.

Kath x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

That cushion is gorgeous love the design and what cute notecards

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, you have been busy, what an amazing selction of quick cards, each one stunning! As is the other more elaborate one of course, that cake was a super clever idea! But I have to say my absolute favourite is the cushion, it has the real wow factor, amazing stamping on fabric like that!

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Wat een schitterende creaties
Groetjes Gerrie

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous inspirations Brenda, a great idea with the 'home made' cake.
Love the cushion, it looks as good as it will smell. Gorgeous staming as always with the 15 min makes.
Avril xx

Donna Ellis said...

Such lovely cards, Brenda, and gorgeously soft colors. Your cake looks yummy! Thank you for sharing! hugs, de

ALI said...

Stunning creations Brenda, Cake does look lovely!

Linby said...

I thought I had seen the little pillow before, I did wonder how it was done and now I know! Love that cake - yum, yum!
So many beautiful makes to see too.

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards Brenda!! That cake looks yummy!!

Greta said...

The lavender cushion is stunning, Brenda! That cake looks amazing--bet it was yummy!

KandA said...

Wow, what an amazing collection of cards Brenda and your cake looks delicious xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow amazing all this work very beautiful Brenda
Gr Karin

Pat said...

Beautiful cards, gorgeous lavendar cushion and yummy looking cake.

Pat xx

Fikreta said...

Brenda these are stunning projects!