Monday 9 July 2018

Glorious Poppies


Good morning Peeps, just sharing my post from over at Chocolate Baroque featuring a few of my samples from Lesley's June shows on Hochanda which featured some beautiful floral and succulent stamps. It occurred to me as I was scheduling the post that today would have been my maternal Grandmothers Birthday, she loved her cottage garden so my cards seem a very fitting tribute to her.

For my top card I repeat stamped what I have decided is a Poppy from Scrumptious Succulents around the borders of my my base layer and coloured in with pens. Next an oval aperture at an angle which I edged with a pearl string and stamped a sentiment from Loving Sentiments to fit in the frame on an offcut of Fabriano, always keep the tiny bits as they are useful behind apetures. I'm popping over to the Snippets Playground with this one, only two weeks till schools out for the summer holidays.


Here I have a bookmark, the base piece is 600gsm Fabriano which takes water really well without warping so perfect for purpose. After adding Distress Oxides, I stamped the lovely flower which I think looks rather like a Hollyhock from Blossom and Grow.............although there's a bit of atistic licence with the colours..........and coloured in with pens, then stamped part of one of the Cacti from Scrumptious Succulents around the edge using Versamark and heat embossed with details gold.


I have always liked the shape of the boxes and cards using this die set so I decided on another offering using the new stamps, the flowers on the top are from Captivating Cacti, stamped several time, coloured and cut out to build. I then used a mixture of stamps from the three sets mentioned above, colouring all with sparkle pens adding some stenciling and sentiments from the same sets.


My final card today has a background using Distress Inks blended with a little glycerine which seems to give a lovely soft finish, a sponged sun and the blooms from  Blossom and Grow stamped in versfaine black and left un-coloured as I felt there was enough drama in the strong background colours.

My thanks as always for popping in today and I hope I have offered some inspiration to those of you who already have the stamps and if you don't, then I hope you will want to pop over to the shop and treat yourself.
 
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.

28 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love so very much the first card with poppies :) and pinned it
https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524497752636/
I have some problems with Pinterest, but now it seems working.
Lovely bookmark and box card, wow! Always love your hexagonal boxes with that honeycomb lid, they are very sweet and impressive! Thanks for the trick about the the use of glycerine on your last beautiful card, such perfect blending!
Have a lovely week and take care!
Hugs

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

All gorgeous cards Brenda but you really are the Queen of Poppies. I’m sure that your Grandmother would have loved the card and she’d be very proud of your talent. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow Brenda beautiful and gorgeous cards you have made.

gr karin

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful selection of cards Brenda, I especially love the poppies, but really all are gorgeous. The hexagon box is amazing, is it a die Brenda, or are you a fab paper engineer and make it up yourself, Kate x

ALI said...

Lovely cards Brenda but Wow the poppy card is stunning x

Crafting Queen said...

Brenda these are wonderful cards, love the first one!

Kathleen said...

Some really gorgeous stamps, designs, backgrounds and shapes on these fabulous creations.

Kath x

Wendy L said...

I knew this was your card when I saw it on my dashboard. A beautiful selection Brenda and I adore the hexagon ones. Beautifil stamps, xxxx

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Oh wow Brenda, what nice cards again. Gorgeous!!! I'm always thrilled.
Hugs Carola

Stamps and Paper said...

Brenda your cards are beautiful

Anne

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous samples Brenda and love the beautifu poppies
carol x

Liz said...

Beautiful projects, Brenda. My favourite is the first one with the gorgeous poppies and the wonderful sentiment. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning work as usual Brenda - Love the final card in particular!! I must play with glycerine and DI's :-)
Blessings
Maxine

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning poppies B all your cards are stunning.
I have gone through my stamp stash and found all of my CB gorgeous stamps, hoping to get time away from DT commitments to make a 'me' card.xx

Cath Wilson said...

You've created some amazing works of art here, Brenda - such versatility. Love the inking on the last one and the poppies are beautiful. Those hexagonal cards are so pretty - you've done a fab job with them, using such delicate inking. The honeycomb works so well here.

Have a lovely day. Hope it's a bit cooler for you. It's certainly fresher here and very pleasant :-)

Cath x

Gerrina said...

Beautiful set again! Don't know wich I like most; the poppies or the 2nd... Here it is cooler for the 2nd day in a row; so I hurry through the house cleaning all that hasn't been done while it was too warm... Hugs, Gerrina

Leanne Harris said...

Some super samples Brenda and I love the poppies, so pretty and so classy. xxxx

World of Animals, Inc said...

I love poppies this time of year, they are such beautiful looking flowers. I especially loved the colors that you used for them, thanks for the share, love checking out your blog. Keep up the posts.
World of Animals

Di said...

All fabulous makes B, especially the poppies snippets card. Wonderful colouring and a really unusual sentiment as well. Love it!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarah said...

Love each and every One of these pretty florals. The shaped set are particularly pretty xx

Mervi said...

Stunning creations Brenda, the first card with poppies is totally gorgeous;-))m

Desire Fourie said...

As always, Brenda, its such a wonderful feast for the creative senses popping in here. Just adore your art. Hope you are well.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Diane said...

Your samples are just wonderful Brenda !!

hugs Diane xx

MaryH said...

Saw the lovely poppy frame card at the Playground, and came over for a closer look. It's beautiful with the flowers used to frame, and then I got to enjoy so many different styles of gorgeous cards! How marvelous that you have your fabulous cards displayed for samples. I hope you are feeling well, and staying cool. TFS & have a great weekend.

rachel said...

awesome makes Brenda - I love the hexagonal cards especially - wow - beautiful xx

Fikreta said...

Very beautiful cards!
hugs

Greta said...

Wow--what a beautiful array of cards, Brenda! I especially love the last one--great stamping!

Linby said...

I love the poppies - of course! What a beautiful box and cards to match - just delightful.