Saturday 30 April 2011

Oriental Poppies


Good Morning one and all, it's time for another Allsorts challenge and this week Amanda would like to see Oriental themed projects.

Before I move on to my card, a heads up that it's or second birthday in three weeks time and we are having a blog hop......please feel free to grab the logo above and help us spread the word.


I was really quite pleased when I was this theme because like lots of you I am sure, I have so many lovely Orients style stamps from a few years ago when they were so popular and it's nice to dust them down and create.


My main image is Hampton Arts 4523 Asian Poppy stamped onto a background spritzed with GM clover, tea rose and pearl. The frame was cut on a Nestie and I coloured the flowers with Copics and stamped the large poppy a second time and decoupaged. The base card is stamped with JudiKins 221J, a huge stamp but idea for backgrounds, the sentiment a Kanji cube from the Stamp Barn and the poppy made with TH tattered floral die.


23 comments:

Von said...

Beautiful poppy :)
Von x

Zoechaos said...

Hello Brenda, love the oriental theme :) Your sample is very evocative of the Islands grace and beauty. XOXO Zoe

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow .. you know i will love this one with my love of poppies
Just beautiful
Lisa x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

What a pretty card, love the frame, it really makes the image pop. The poppy is very beautiful and the tiny beads are a fabulous addition.

Hugs
Maarit

Elizabeth said...

Hi Brenda - love poppies so this card immediately appealed to me, it's gorgeous. I love your paper flower, such a good idea to make it from the same design paper used to frame the stamped images. Elizabeth x

Sarah said...

Absolutely beautiful card Brenda x

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

Sorry, got a bit carried away with the first comment I was somewhere else!! Love the poppies - but then you knew I'd say that!!

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love the poppy.

Nikki x

chillin with Quillin said...

lovely flower!!!
Paula

Anonymous said...

Very, very beautiful! I just love oriental cards, scenes, etc. Thanks for sharing.
Jackie

Lynda said...

I do love poppies and this is just stunning.

Love Lynda xxx

Vicky said...

Simply stunning...

hugs Vicky xx

Shirley N said...

OMGosh this is just gorgeous! Your flower is beautiful, love this card!

Kat said...

Stunning card Brenda. I love anything with poppies and this is a gorgeous image. Love the poppy you made and the little beads are a lovely finishing touch.

Take care,

Kat xx

Linby said...

This is just gorgeous Brenda. I love the poppy you made.
Linbyx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Card, I really love the Oriental ones! Beautiful stamping and poppie and love your flower and papers!!!!

Paula (PEP) said...

I love your use of the soft green for the background inside the frame - it really highlights the darker green of the leaves at the same time as taking away any starkness. The stamp is a real beauty & I love the poppy flower you made with that black centre - utterly effective & tactile.
Shall place the logo for the hop on my blog.
Paula (PEP)

ribenaruby said...

Hi Brenda, lovely card, the jaunty angle of the frame is really different, great job! Ruby x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a breathtaking card, love the poppy.

paintedlady89 said...

This is so pretty!
Gigi

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Brenda this is so beautiful that image within the frame and the design looks super, I am waiting for my Oriental Poppies to come into bud they looked gorgeous last year.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Your poppies are just delightful and so real!

Love dawn xx