Friday 28 October 2011

An awesome FREE prize draw, demo day and turorial



Good Morning Peeps, I really really quick post to remind you that tomorrow is the Fourth Ultimate Rubber Stamping Day at Sir Stampalot in Peterborough. There will be seven of us us demoing throughout the day from 10am through 4pm.......................we will be in a large unit right opposite Stampalot's shop, so all nice and convenient.

At the risk of becoming really boring, I am soooooooooooo looking forward to it, there's always lots of fun and laughter, free refreshments............it's the one day of the year my hubby gets crafty and seems to really enjoy overseeing the eats and drinks whilst chatting to (I did say to not up) the ladies and putting the world to rights with their other halves. And this year there is a really fabulous FREE PRIZE DRAW........you can check out the photo of it here............believe me it's an awesome prize.

Above are a couple of the Christmas decorations I have made for tomorrow. The idea came from one of my workshops recently when two crafty sisters brought along a beautiful Christmas wreath they had made. I think they said the original idea came from a magazine, but as I don’t know which one I set about creating one .......or several as it turned out.

So here we go with my version with thanks to the girls for giving me the idea.

Ingredients:

3 x 12x12 sheets double sided co-ordinating DP
1 x 12x12 sheet coordinating bazzil
1 x sheet coordinating glitter paper (or could use a second sheet bazzil)
6 x bells or embellishments
1 x length sturdy ribbon
Decoration for centre

Cut the three sheets of DP and one sheet Bazzil into 11” scalloped circles (I used the Cricut). Smaller wreaths can be made in exactly the same way, using smaller circles (for mine I used Nesites/Grand Nesties cut through the Big Shot)

Cut the three DP circles into halves, then quarters so you end up with twelve pieces. Don’t cut up the Bazzil circle as this is the base of your wreath.

Take six of the small pieces and cut apertures in the front of each using a circle Nestie or punch (see picture for placement). Using the glitter paper or second sheet bazzil, cut a frame for each circle using the same circle and a larger one, then stick onto the six pieces so each aperture is framed.

Roll each of the twelve pieces into a cone and secure with strong glue (I find the red backed ultra strong tape is best). When you have made all twelve cones, arrange onto the base circle so they fit snugly against each other, when you are happy with the placement fix the ribbon to the base then stick down all twelve cones. Don’t worry if the centre looks uneven as that will be covered.

Thread cord through each bell and fix one into each circle aperture…..this is best done when assembled and hanging so the bells dangle at the right angle. Decorate the centre as desired.

Thanks for popping in and perhaps see some of you tomorrow.

33 comments:

Sarah said...

These are beautiful Brenda, perfect festive decorations. I would love to come along tomorrow but I am painting our new fence, dull I know but has to be done! Hope you have a fab day x

sandra said...

Thanks for tutorial!It looks really cute!
And I wish I could be there with you.
But I hope that you will have great time!
Have fun!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Charmayne said...

The magazine that the wreath was is is DoCrafts Creativity issue 29 (last month). Yours is much prettier though! Thanks for sharing.

Carly said...

gorgeous!

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
have a lot a fun hunni
your projects are super
thanks for the tutorial sweetie
hugs angelique

Sadilla said...

wow these are very beautiful!!!!!! I'll try it!! thanks for the tutorial!! =)
Hugs
Sadia

PinksyDoodles said...

Great Christmas decorations Brenda!
Have a fun time tomorrow.
Clare x

ДжуJIbетта said...

Очень интересно! Попробую! Спасибо за урок!

Crafting Queen said...

Great decorations, hope you have a great day tomorrow. :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Great project and tutorial Brenda thank you for sharing it with us.

Anne

Claire Phillips said...

What fabulous decorations - gorgeous! Cheers Claire x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda I bet they took some making, but they are gorgeous and so pretty. hugs Shirleyxx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Your decorations are beautiful Brenda. Love it. Have fun tomorrow.
Lovely greet Marja

ARTES ANDRÉA PRADO said...

HI BRENDA!
LINDA YOUR CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!
I LOVED!
GREAT WEEKEND FOR YOU
HUGS

Pendra said...

Wow, these are amazing! I think I might have to try this! Have lots of fun today... and thanks for sharing this wonderful tutorial and project!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra

chillin with Quillin said...

love your christmas decorations, have fun tomarow!!!!
Paula

Penni said...

Wow - Love this Christmas decorations.

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Hugs
Penni
X

Larisa said...

wow! Fantastic decoration! It is so good!

Unknown said...

Have a fab day tomorrow B and to everyone else too. I'll be on a cupcake decorating course, or I'd have loved to have popped over to see you and say hello again.

Take care.

Rosie
x

Nikbee said...

Have a fantastic day tomorrow - I wish I loved closer. I love the decorations.
Nikki x

Crafty Loops said...

These are so stunning Brenda. Hope you have fun this weekend. Lee x

Merry said...

I will so have to try this out Brenda. How clever to have the little bells attached. Thanks for taking the time to share the tutorial. Have a terrific weekend.

Kat said...

Love these wreaths Brenda and thanks for sharing how to make them. Looks like you're going to have fun on Saturday and that prize draw looks amazing. Boo hoo I can only shop at Sir Stampalot online!!

Take care,

Kat xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Hope it all goes well over the weekend & take care with the travelling.
Thanks for this treat of a tutorial - super idea with the bells & love the whole idea of these wreaths.
Paula (PEP)

ReviewsSheRote said...

what a great craft--I think this is one my kids would like!
New follower =)

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome ornament Idea!

It was in the docrafts mag this month, and yours are even better than theirs!!! Amazing!

Also adore all your other cards from this week!

I apologies for my time away this week, and for not commenting on your precious posts, I hope you have a great new week! and can't wait to see what you do!!!!

Renee V said...

Beautiful wreaths and the addition of the bells makes them spectacular!! TFS

Ag@t@ said...

Cudowne !!!

Marla Star said...

So pretty!!!
I like this=)

Elizabeth said...

Many thanks for this tutorial ... by coincidence I saw one of these on the SU stand at the craft show in Glasgow on Friday and thought I'd like to make it too. I think I remember seeing it featured on the front cover of one of the Docrafts magazines this year. Anyway, yours are brilliant and I love the little bells. Elizabeth x

MA-MI said...

Thanks for sharing, I'll try to make sth. similar (no bells and smaller) with my students for the school Christmas bazar. I'll try to use as much possible recycled paper, magazines, wraping paper etc. Thanks again!

Floral Foam said...

This is a wonderful tutorial! I think I can now make a simple parol out of papers. Thanks for sharing this!

Scrappin' Annie said...

Lovely Brenda, thank you for sharing.