Sunday 28 November 2010

Easel box card tutorial

I'm on a tutorial roll this morning, I've been promising this for so long so and as I posted one of these easel box cards in my post yesterday decided it was time I got on with it, plus the tri fold card which you will find in the post below this one.

All measurements on this one are metric and you can blow each one up to get a closer look by right clicking over the picture.

You will need four sheets of A4 cardstock, or if you use A3 and juggle the pieces about a bit you should get away with one of those and one A4. Also, a scoreboard, ruler, glue....I uses Art Institute dries clear as it's an almost instant fix and as the name implies dries clear.....two 12x12 sheets of DP and a tassel or large brad for the draw handle. I like to use double sided or coordinating DP as this gives the best visual result. Plus your easel card to fit on top.

Cut out all pieces and score as per the pictures (see note below fig 4 before you cut).

fig 1

Join A & B on box parts one and two (fig 1&2) by folding over each other butting to the folds, so you have one long piece. Now fold the whole piece round to form a box shape and glue the longest flap over the shorter one - this should butt to the corner fold and give a perfect box shape.

fig 2

fig 3
Score all round the drawer piece as above, then cut a triangle section out from each corner piece. This then folds inside the next section to create your drawer. I use the same glue for this and find it helps to keep a good shape if you pop a paper clip on each corner until it's totally dry.

fig 4

You can add any shape easel card on top, but if you are going all square as the one below, you can cut this piece all in one : i.e 148 x 296 and score in the middle so that you have the top of your box and base of easel all in one. Then you just need an extra 148 square piece for the main focal element.

Cover all sections of your assembled box with DP's and that's it other that whatever design you add to the top. As always, please mail me with any questions.


29 comments:

Margreet said...

thanks for sharing Brenda....I will give it a try!
xxx Margreet

Sadilla said...

Wow Brenda
thanks so much for this tutorial!!!!=))) I really wanted to try to do something like that!! =) thanks for sharing! =)
hugs
Sadia

Anonymous said...

OH that an awesome gift idea!!!

Thanks for sharing, you make it look easy, but divine!

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful project and thanks for the tutorial. :)

eiyiyi said...

Absolutely brilliant!

PinksyDoodles said...

Thank you for this Brenda. I will bookmark it for when I have some spare crafting time.
Clare x

Unknown said...

HI Branda, that's wonderfull, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful card tutorial with us. Have a nice Sunday, Frea

Hazeyj said...

Hi Brenda, have just measured my card! Thanks for sharing this with us! H x

angelique (anlou) said...

it's gorgeous hun
love the tutorial you made
thanks swetie
hugs angelique

nnalorac said...

Seen your card Brenda earkier and was just thinking this morning of asking for instructions. Thanks for the tutorial, just need to be able to follow it, hope Brain tows the line! Thanks, gorgeous creation as usual. Carolxx

Nannieflash said...

Thanks Brenda for that, will have to give it a go, your tutorial looks very thorough. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Suzi Mac said...

Thank you for both tutorial today, great instructions to follow I've saved them to favs, cause I know I'll never remember it all and if I write it down I'll just lose it.lol.
Hugs
Suzi x

sandra said...

I wanted to make one.
Thanks for this amazing tutorial!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Nicola said...

Brenda what a fab card and keepsake this is. I will have to try one of these. So much nicer than the straight forward easel card. HUgs Nicola xx

Merry said...

Thanks so much for this Brenda...this is on my to do list to start the year next year.

Tracy said...

This is one I definately wanted to have a go at, your is fabulous Brenda, hope mine is nearly as good. Thank you.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

craftymum said...

Fantastic tutorial Brenda. Thank you
I am going to try it out
hugs sarah x

Sarah said...

Absolutely gorgeous Brenda, thank you so much for the tutorial xxx

rozzyb said...

Fab project Brenda, thanks so much for the tutorial
Hope you are keeping well…and warm.
hugs rozzy xx

Mandy said...

Hi Brenda,
This is a brilliant tutorial,must give it a go...Sorry to hear your eyes are not good again...Please take care...
Mandy xx

Kat said...

Thanks for another great tutorial Brenda. I'd really like to try this - when I get time. Thinking of the number of Christmas cards I have made I think it'll be a wee while before I get the chance to have a play lol!

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog recently and sorry I haven't visited much recently. I've spent a lot of time last week making an Advent Calendar so I could take it to my grandkids before 1st December! Hope you're managing to rest your eyes.

Kat xx

pinky said...

Cannot believe the amount you have posted since my last visit Brenda. Thanks for the gorgeous tutorials!! Love your cards down below, gorgeous colours and the easel drawer card is fabulous. Hope you are resting those eyes!!
Pinky

Beryl said...

Thanks so much for this tutorial Brenda. So much detail - just hope I can do it justice. Was due to visit in Wilburton this weekend but it all depends on the weather now.
Sorry to hear you've been having problems again. Hope it's all sorted soon.
Beryl xx

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

Beautiful !!! thanks for sharing

cathy x

anuskamues said...

que preciosiiiiiiiiiiidaddddddd, seguro que hago el tutorial, graciassssssssss

Ana Laura De Romero said...

All your tutoriales are awesome, thanks =)

Unknown said...

great tutorial Brenda... thank you so much

Keti's Projects said...

This looks gorgeous. Great tutorial. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Happy and inspiring 2014. Hugs, Keti

Unknown said...

Oh wow it looks fabulous, I have wanted to make one for ages and your wonderful tutorial is the final straw, I am going to have a go. love your blog and how you explain things, I am going to follow you thank you for sharing your amazing ideas love maria