Saturday 6 November 2010

Twas the Night Before Christmas


It's time for new challenges at Allsorts and we have a distinctly Christmasy feel this week where my teamie Fleur has chosen the theme "Twas the Night Before Christmas".

But before I move onto my cards, a quick note to say I had a wonderful day at the NEC on Thursday and it was really lovely to meet some blog friends for the very first time and have a really good chow to all - Sarah, Vix, Shirley and Vicky which was was probably the most bizarre 'hello' ever.

Vicky and I had already decided to ring one another after doing some shopping and I was standing waiting to pay at a stand when a lady said something to me about the rack of Tilda's and my immediate answer "I just don't do Tilda's". She then tapped me on the shoulder and said "B ?".........the Tilda comment apparently gave it all away, but we had a really lovely chat then. Girls and in some cases hubby's as well, it was fabulous to meet you all.

So back to my card which is the perfect opportunity for me to use the great stamp from JudiKins 4649H which has the first verse of Clement Moore's super poem. I've had it for years and go back to it time and again.

I stamped the sentiment onto cream cardstock cut on Cricut Storybook, then heat embossed with detail clear and distressed slightly with Tim Holtz scattered straw. The mice and hedgie are Penny Black 40-007 carol trio decoupaged and coloured with Aquamarkers. The little stockings are Art Impression D1577, the DP Magnolia, some lace and poinsettias punched from vellum and pearls used for the stamens. This card is also for the following challenge:

The Stampman - Christmas
Charisma Cards - With Love at Christmas


My next card is another little Autumn number, lovely rich colours which sadly never really materialised this this part of the Country this year........we sort of went from green to yellow and missed most of those lovely golden and reds colours......something to do with the wet season and chemicals it created in the soil I am told.

The stamped leaves are from Hero C457 Real Leaves, stamped with TH frayed burlap and covered with diamond glaze, then when dry the whole piece has been distressed with TH barn door, rusty hinge and peeled pain. Next I stamped the whole piece with Hero H2365 Old French Writing, tied some twine round and added some punched leaves inked with the same TH inks, then matted onto a piece of plain Basic Grey DP. This card is for the following challenge:

Lots to Do - Autumn
Lexi's Creations - Anything goes

My final card is a really quick and simple on using Penny Black 4104K Christmas Star which I stamped onto red vellum with versafine black end embossed with detail clear, cut out and decoupaged with a flower pot and leaves cut on the Cricut. This card is for the following challenge:

Secret Crafter - Red and Gold
m

46 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Brenda, totally gorgeous creations!!!!

I adore that mouse one wit the passage from twas the night before xmas!

the autumn one is so rich in colour, and that last ones poinsettias are gorgeous!!!

Way to go!

crafty creations said...

Wow Brenda - all your card are stunning - I particularly like the second one with the leaves on - beautiful

I'm off to NEC tomorrow to meet up with crafty friends and am so looking forward too it

Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge again this week x Hilda

Nikbee said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda. I love the first one. The paper is great.
The colours are fab on the second and the vellum looks great on the third one.

Nikki x

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Brenda. As always, you make the most wonderful creations. Just so beautiful. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Mervi said...

Again three wows!!!
Beautiful creations, my favourite from these are the last one, think it's going to inspire me a lot;-))m

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

truely fabulous cards Brenda, love them all.
Glad you had a good time at the NEC wish I could have been there.
You don't do Tilda's do you...they never appealed to me and then one day pow I addicted.
have a great weekend. janex

Lisa Jane said...

As usual Brenda - gorgeous creations and i cant choose between them.. those mice are just adorable
Love the Autumn leaves too. look so realistic.
Glad you had a great time at the NEC
Lisa ;)

Tanya said...

Both cards are beautiful!

Thanks for playing the Critter Sketch challenge

Zoechaos said...

WOW WOW & WOW 3 wonderful cards.

We all love that poem don't we it anticipates the childish excitement of Christams.

We talked about Autumn and i love your take on it those leaves are gorgeous. so sorry you missed the colour there were so many times driving up last week when I wanted to stop and capture the colour, almost gone here now as well.

Poinsettias very pretty and yours will keep their colour year after year!

Off to the NEC tomorrow, meeting Hilda and others hope there are some goodies left LOL xx Zoe

Mummylade said...

absolutely excellent!

Sandra DeFalco said...

Brenda - Your first card, Christmas themed, would fit our challenge, why don't you come on over and enter!
The more people we get, the more prizes offered!

☺ Sandi
DT Lead Team 1 for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

PatR said...

Wow such fantastic cards again Brenda. So pleased to hear you had a great time meeting up with blogging friends at NEC. Bet you came back with some lovely goodies. I went yesterday and although I thought I didn't need anything came back with a bag full.
xx

cheryl said...

Oh,just adore your cards,they are always so beautifully detailed and so superbly embellished,hugs cheryl xxxxx

mckinkle said...

Sounds like you had a great day at the NEC!

3 gorgeous cards Brenda, I love the rich autumnal card best, as you said, its so lovely to see the lovely reds and russets.

Keryn x

Jacee said...

Both are gorgeous Brenda, those autumn colours are so lovely, love how you've teid the leaves in with the cord, fab card.

Been to try and add my card at Allsorts but I can't find Mr Linky!

Sadilla said...

Hi dear
gorgeous cards... they really make a Christmas feeling!!
hugs
Sadia

Cleota said...

Both of these cards are fantastic! Great job. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenges.

Cleota
DT member, Team 2

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful Cards

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Linby said...

Beautiful cards. Love those decoupaged mice.
Linbyx

Curly said...

Wow stunning collection of cards , thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 108 Red and Gold, Good luck, Hugs Bridget ;) x. SCSC DT

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda, I miss you already, I did so enjoy meeting you and hubby.
Two stunning cards, I love that sentiment on the first and your mice are gorgeous, well what can I say about those fabulous leaves they are brilliant, those colours are to die for they look just like the real ones outside.
With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hey B,

Just stealing time on hubbys pc, mine has died so every oppotunity I get I am in his seat...lol

Love all these cards so much, I am so into these colours at the moment, the Autumn one has to be my fav, I love leaves and like I said only because I am in that sort of frame.....
It was so lovely to meet you the other day, I think you settled hubbys mind a bit, he knows I am a scatter brain and letting me loose on a pc was not something he liked too much because till finding blogging the only stuff I did was look on ebay....I am forever asking him for a helping hand....

It's James last day at tesco today, as quoted by him he's going from one prison to another...Just hope this ones the one that stretches his mind and keeps him interested...He's such a bright lad and needs this to keep him interested if you know what I mean....Just hope he copes with the early mornings...He's had it a wee bit easy working five minutes from home...

Till next time have a fab weekend
x
Vicky
ps....hope to meet you again soon x

Fliss said...

Just gorgeous cards Brenda and I think the Autumn one just has the edge for me.
Glad you had a good time at the NEC too.
xx

Kat said...

Stunning cards Brenda. The leaves on the second one and the poinsettias on the third are amazing but my favourite has to be the first one. I just love Penny Black images.

Kat xx

Sally H said...

All beautiful, Brenda! I lvoe the mice, and the fabulous autumn colours, and the more I see of that poinsettia the more I want it! Have a great time at the NEC x

Lynda said...

Stunning cards Brenda and that poinsettia one is just amazing.

Love Lynda xxx

LindaS said...

Love your flower pot - looks like a million. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenges.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creations Brenda, very creative and beautiful. I adore the Penny Black Mouse card.
Glad you had a good time at the NEC.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lou said...

Hi! B your cards are all gorgeous,those mice are so sweet and that Autumn card so lovely.
see you soon,hugs Lou.xx

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous Autumn Artwork! Beautifully created.

debby4000 said...

It's a pleasure to pop by your blog, your creations are always stunning and an inspiration.
luv
Debby

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Beautiful cards Brenda - love them all and the Autumn leaves are stunning.
Pleased to hear you had a great time at the NEC - no doubt you came home with a very large stash of new goodies?!!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Kay Carley said...

Hi Brenda,

Love the Christmas mice in particular! The other cards are gorgeous too though!! xx

pinky said...

Lovely cards Brenda, my favourite is definitely the first, so so cute!! Imagine going to the NEC and not buying a tilda stamp lol, only you would do that. Loved that little story.

Anonymous said...

wonderful card! the christmas mice are so cute. thanks for playing the critter sketch challenge.

Pattie G said...

What a very pretty card!
Thanks for joining us this week at Patties Creations Design Challenge.

Lorie said...

Oh, goodness...I love that top Christmas card! Great job! Thanks for playing Critter Sketch Challenge!

Jaqi said...

How beautiful, the colours are fab. Autumn is my favourite seasion I adore it

Basslady said...

fabulous creations!
delightful and delicious!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Juls said...

such gorgeous cards!!! Loving your shaped one with all the fabulous leaves on it, so rich and gorgeous!!! thanks for your inspiration! Hugs Juls

Von said...

It's gorgeous Brenda :)

Dragon said...

Hi, a very sweet card. Thanks for playing with the Stampman theme this time
Frankie
xx

Lau W said...

Hello !
Wow you're so creative, your cards are superb !
Thank you to be a follower of my blog ! :-)
xxx

Lauretta See said...

wow this is a stunning card.. love it! Thank you for joining us this week on the Pattie's creation design challenge. Good Luck!

Merry said...

Oh wow Brenda, love those little mice and the stockings all hung. Those leaves are beautiful, wonderful colours. That poinsetta card is perfect too.

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards - love the embossing on the gold flowerpot!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x