Saturday, 12 September 2026

Simple blooms


Good morning, time for a new challenge at Allsorts where Gail is our host with the theme of Sympathy/Thinking of you/Get Well. Our prize is a bundle of dies and artwork from Highlight Crafts

Above a card and box with sufficient room to add refresh wipes or hand cream sachets for someone unwell. The hexagon and honeycomb dies are really old Tattered Lace, from when I first started on their DT in February 2015, Two Red Robins and Reflections soon came along and the flowers are from Flower of the Year. All cut out on the Scan and Cut (something I use rarely as have a love hate relationship as eyes not good enough for the small pop up screen).


For my second card I used a mop up from my spray box for the background, the box has a sheet of ribbed card in the bottom and gives some interesting unpredictable patterns, the blooms are a fairly old A&C set called Unfurling Petals and the sentiment is from Penny Black Words of Kindness.

From what I've heard most of us are suffering the reading list issue, mine last updated Tuesday so with all the will in the World impossible to remember all the blogs you would normally visit. Blogger seems to lurch from one problem to another the last few months, I blame AI!!

3 comments:

Sarn said...

A beautiful box and a beautiful card. Lovely work, as usual B!

Perhaps we should ask AI if it would kindly FIX the Reading List problem??? It could probably do it in a nanosecond! xxx

Aquarius said...

Lovely cards for the theme. My reading list hasn't updated for nearly a week plus I also had difficulties including a picture in my post but got there eventually.

Liz said...

Two beautiful projects, Brenda. The box is fabulous and I love the matching card. Lovely second card with the subtle inky background and the cascading flowers.
Liz xx