Sunday, 27 September 2026

Butterfly snippets


Morning all, theres a new challenge at the Snippets Playground where the new term has started so had better get my homework in early.

A messy play creating an inky background, random stamping with A&C stamps and decided to use up some of the long neglected lace idling in the box placing three pieces onto the base and arranged Butterflies all cut using A&C dies. I buy very few DP's as prefer to create my own backgrounds, but I do keep the odds and ends, these ones were left after cutting Fairy dresses for Lavinia stamps a while back. A piece of coordinating thread and sentiment cut from the same offcuts.


And here are my snippets. Also linking to Creative Artiste, Just Add Ink Stencils and Dies, Creative Fingers and We Love 2 Create.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

24 comments:

Sandra H said...

What a fabulous background you have created Brenda and your butterflies are so adorable your card is stunning and good use of snippets x

pinky said...

It's very pretty Brenda and such great use of those tiny snippets!

Sarn said...

Butterflies and lace . . . very feminine. Lovely card using up your snippets.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse - saved the comfy chair for you! xxx

meg said...

A wonderful combiation of colours, stamping and beautiful lace and butterfly embellishments

Chris said...

The soft muted colours of the background panel are a lovely setting for the butterflies and lace, so pretty and feminine.
xx

Lynne said...

Such pretty colours and a great way of using up your lace Brenda.

HilaryJane said...

Great use of those snippets and I love the look of your background xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card with your snippets Brenda. Lovely colours and pretty butterflies - a perfect combination.
Lorraine x

Donna said...

Beautiful card using your snippets, nice colors and like the butterflies!

Vee Cassidy said...

So beautiful and elegant - love the lace. Vee xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous card Brenda..........gr karin

LesleyG said...

So pretty and love how you used all those Snippets! xxx

Janette said...

Such a pretty design Brenda. xx

Linby said...

Such a pretty and delicate design in those fab subtle colours.

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Brenda. The colour combination is so pretty and I love the added lace.
Liz xx

My name is Erika. said...

I've done a bit of catching up now that I'm home, and I'm combining your 3 post comments here. I especially like the arches and the framed in church. But all your art is, as always, quite lovely. Hope all has been good with you too. hugs-Erika

Sarah said...

Very pretty Brenda and such delicate butterflies xx

Cathie w said...

thanks for joining us at crafty gals challenge corner

Aquarius said...

Great use of some of your snippets to make this card with a lovely background. Butterflies and lacy bits - a great combination

Conny said...

Really wonderful butterflies, Brenda! Love the colors!

Hugs,
Conny

Greta said...

Beautiful use of your snippets!

Lisa said...

Beautiful butterfly design! I love the gorgeous inky background and the way the random stamping adds so much interest and texture. The delicate lace creates a lovely layer behind the butterflies, and it is wonderful to see those patterned paper snippets used so creatively. The coordinating thread and sentiment tied everything together perfectly for a card that is both elegant and full of artistic charm.

Narelle Farrugia said...

So very pretty! I love the softness these butterflies and your colour choices have given this card. Thanks for joining us at JAI!

Di said...

Gorgeous card B! i love the colour combination 0 and the butterflies go really well. Nice touch with the dropped shadow sentiment too!
Hugs
Di xx