Wednesday 18 September 2024

Four legged therapist and snippets


Morning Peeps, it's mid month inspiration time at We Love Stamping and Stamping Sensations where our themes are Animal Magic and Hand Coloured Image along with the usual Anything Goes options.

Above I've used the lovely Dog image from AALL and Create Postal Pooch (863), stamped, coloured, then a stencil and crackle paste to create brickwork. The sentiment is computer generated as annoyingly I seem to have lost that sentiment which is on another A&C Dog set.


As we al know I'm not a colourist, so the theme at SS is way outside my comfort zone, I've never enjoyed colouring and it never turns out too well, so I avoid like the plague. But a challenge is a challenge and this is what I came up with, it's the same Lavinia Mermaid I shared in Saturday's post called Althea, this time she is talking to the small Sebastian Seahorse from Sea Creatures and scene built up with Seaweed and Marine Kelp.


There is a new challenge over at the Playground and on Sunday I indulged myself in making a card just for fun to pop in with, in fact I made two almost identical. I even took a photo of all the snippets etc., hopefully I'll get a star or well done sticker or maybe something even tastier up in the treehouse? I am also going to share at the current Path of Positivity.

Using an oblong die I created two frames and stuck together to get more depth, then visited some real oldie stamps from Penny Black and Hobby Art, stamped around the frame with the PB one and used the HA Shakespeare Sonnet 18 on the insert and some A&C rub ons to carry the colours. Added some Gilding Tilsen around the edge of the frame and an A&C flower along with sentiment and Butterfly.


My fascination of the Moon was appeased Monday night, the Harvest Moon was awesome, here rising over the top paddock and close up which I was pleased with. I was hopeful of more photos last night as the partial eclipse started but the sky clouded over and was pitch black.


20 comments:

EmmaT said...

Beautiful set of cards - the sentiment with the dog is so true, love the magical mermaid and beautiful blue floral. The moon looks amazing

Aquarius said...

Great inspiration for the mid month reminder. The doggy card is super and the sentiment so true. Loving the framed blue flower as well - lots of interest in this one. Thanks for sharing your moon photos.

Pauline C said...

Two gorgeous cards for the mid month inspiration … the dog one is a fab composition with the door arch and textured brickwork surrounding your canine friend, and once again I love the colouring effect on the mermaid …. I realised recently I don’t own any marine stamps whatsoever!
Beautiful snippets card … you have used a stamp of my all time favourite poem - it is the only poem I know off by heart and I had no idea it had ever been put on a stamp! Goes beautifully with the vintage look A&C sunflower xx

Glennis F said...

Amazing moon pics, Brenda. Love your cards, especially the snippets one

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Gorgeous cards! I especially love the dog one.

Chris said...

Couldn't pick a favourite from these 3 beauties Brenda, of course I'm drawn to the doggy one, it's a gorgeous stamp and the wall behind is so effective, then again the Lavinia is beautiful in those delicate colours (nothing wrong with the colouring either!) the snippets card is gorgeous too, what great use of all those left overs!
Stunning photos of the moon- shame the clouds spoilt your fun last night!
xx

Gail L said...

Lovely cards!
The scene with the dog is so real looking.
You did a fine job with the coloring on the mermaid card!
It's a great scene!
Love the snippet card with the pop of blue!

Gail L said...

And I am back!
Great moon photos.
We were up watching the moon last night.
Didn't see much of the eclipse, but the moon was still shining bright this morning!

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful cards, adore your colouring. The first card is too cute. Have a great day. Anesha

meg said...

Three beauties Brenda,especially drawn to the doggy card and it's sentiment.The min was beautiful last night my pic not nearly as good as yours

ScrappyHorses said...

What a lovely framed card! Beautiful colors, gilding and script! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity. Katrina

Linby said...

Love the dog sentiment! Great card with the textured brick work to frame the fab stamping. Your mermaid looks lovely again this time I see with the castle and gorgeous ethereal colours. The snippets make is so beautiful, love the colour combo.

Helen said...

Beautiful cards - the mermaid one has such amazing colours.

Helen x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful cards you have made Brenda and love the color of the flower.......gr karin

HilaryJane said...

Wonderful cards today. Love the crackle paste effect on the first one, your mermaids hair on the second and that amazing blue flower on the third. Amazing moon pictures too. How nice to live somewhere where light pollution doesn't spoil the night sky xx

crafty-stamper said...

Both fabulous cards and beautiful stamps, love the texture. There has been some brilliant clear views of the moon and supposed to be the best tonight.
Carol x

Pat said...

Three beautiful cards Brenda, I love the last one with the gorgeous blue flower. Lovely photo’s of the moon too, it was so big and bright here and I wanted to see the partial eclipse but didn’t wake at the right time in the night so missed it.

Pat xx

Sarn said...

WOW your moon pictures are AMAZING Brenda.
Love all 3 cards in this post.

Thanks for entering the blue flower on into the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a glass of bubbly or two! xxx

Carol L said...

What a wonderful collection of cards you've created and I love that big blue flower! As for dogs, I trust them more than some humans. I hope you're feeling well and enjoying your day :)

Lynne said...

Wonderful cards Brenda. I love the crackle glaze wall and the sentiment is so true. Fab pics of the moon x