Saturday 25 November 2023

Helleborus


Morning everyone, another Saturday and another new theme at Allsorts which has been chosen by Sarah, it's 'Colours of Winter' and as usual there's the A/G option. This month we are doing prizes a little different and this week and next we have stamps and stencils that will make all those  AALL and Create fans happy.

Several contacted me unable to buy the new AALL and Create products in my post a couple of days ago, I'm told they sold out very quickly on TV and direct from A&C, but one or two retailers still have stock, so a search might prove lucky (names and codes to help find in my post below this one)

But AALL and Create still have some fabulous bargain and discounts, lots of stamps and stencils are half price or less including some of those I have used today, but you need to be quick as I'm told the sale will end very soon.

My 'Colours of Winter' come in the form of one of the latest AALL and Create releases called Hellebore (1063), an A5 stamp set with four good sized stamps on it, I'll confess to making quite a few when this one landed.

Above a 'splodged' Oxide background using acetate and some stencilling to create sunshine and words from the A4 set called Blackbird (530). The focal Hellebore is paper pieced from inky offcuts and the leaves coloured with Distress Pencils, two little Hares from Miniatures (756) and Winter from Seasons (455).


Another 'splodged' Oxide background using the same method but two shades of blue this time, I find you have far more control taking the acetate to card, rather than trying to do the other way round. Stencilling using shaded lilac and one of the new stencils called Snow Crystals (221),  it's so delicate and the circle of snowflakes makes a lovely card on it's own with just a sentiment added, ideal if you are batch making.

The focal flower was stamped both onto the card base and several times onto inky offcuts, cut out and paper pieced. The word Winter again from and other words from Power of the Word (754). Two small pheasant from Pheasant (454)......despite being about all year round Pheasants say Winter to me, probably because between October and February they used to appear on our dinner table with regularity when I lived at home (sorry folks but I've lived on a farm all my life!), I'll add we just enjoy watching them strut their stuff these days.

Many thanks for your visits and I do hope you will join us this week.

25 comments:

Aquarius said...

Great 'splodging' on both of these cards. I'm particularly fond of hellebores and they come in some beautiful colours. Don't like to think of the pheasants on the table but each to his (or her) own I guess 😉😉. Trying hard to resist buying any more 'stuff' but the sale is tempting I must say.

Sarn said...

Two gorgeous cards here Brenda. Blues are my fave colour! Your splodged backgrounds are so effective- will have to try out this technique soon xxx

meg said...

Two gorgeous cards Brenda,love hellebores, especially the plain white ones,wintry weather forecast for us now

Lisa said...

Very lovely collage cards. Great imagery and colors.

Chris said...

Two beautiful wintery cards Brenda, such lovely colours, stamps and compositions. I think I favour the second one this time, the colours and that muted snowflake background are wonderful.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards love the sploged backgrounds and beautiful stamps.
Carol x

Liz said...

Two wonderful cards, Brenda. I love the splodged backgrounds and the stamps you've used. xx

Linby said...

I love the winter sun on your first card, teamed with blue it looks so right for this time of year. Your second card is so pretty and a lovely combination of colours again.

coldwaters2 said...

Two wonderful creations Brenda and I love the blues of both the stamps you use always look amazing superb makes
hugs
lolo x

HilaryJane said...

Both backgrounds are fabulous and the colours look great too. just like a cold sunny winters day. A bit like today really xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ciao Brenda, due stupende creazioni con i prodotti AALL & Create, il primo così luminoso nonostante l'inverno, blu e giallo è una palette fresca che trovo perfetta per questa stagione; il secondo è più delicato e m piace com hai dato dimensione ai bei fiori con il paper piecing! Entrambi i tuoi sfondi inchiostrati sono bellissimi e che bello lo stencil con i fiocchi di neve!
Ho fatto un piccolo ordine su AALL and Create approfittando dei saldi a metà prezzo di cui tu ci avevi avvisato, sono già per strada e sto aspettando che arrivino!
Buon weekend!

Pauline C said...

Both these cards are so elegant and pretty Brenda. I love the splodge backgrounds and the new snowflake stencil is gorgeous … I have deliberately not been looking at the newest release as I really need to slow down with my craft spending!! I must admit though that having visited the Lavinia shop a month ago I already want more, and there are still quite a few A&C sets I wouldn’t refuse! Xx

Gail said...

You do a lovely job of splodging!
The blues are fabulous!
Flowers are great!
Hope you are well!

KarinsArtScrap said...

2 super sweet and beautiful cards you have made Brenda

gr karin

Craftyfield said...

Love both cards, perfect balance of grungy and subtle! x

Lynne said...

Gorgeous blues for your cards Brenda and great designs x

Sandra H said...

Two really pretty cards Brenda the colours are stunning xx

Carol L said...

Your cards and matching envies are just stunning! I love the added stenciling of the sunshine on the first card with those gorgeous blue flowers and those big-ear bunnies are too cute sitting on the sentient! The soft blue color of the flowers on the 2nd card looks equally amazing too with a bit of a winter chill in the background. Beautiful work on both cards.

Gerrina said...

Love the first one; that is such a string flower blooming in the hart of winter... Great background! That sunshine is what we could use more of here today... And beautiful background and layers on the 2nd one! Hope you have a good Sunday!

Ellibelle said...

They both are so beautiful and nicely done background for the gorgeous flowers. I definitely spent more on their sale than planned, what started with just one order sent to my dad's in Germany turned into a total of 4 orders, three of which I had shipped directly to me. So glad I didn't have to pay any custom fees on any, must be a regional thing or maybe I was just lucky.

Sarah said...

Beautiful and perfect colours of winter Brenda. Pheasant featured regularly on our plates too in the days before Martin lost enjoyment in shooting. We'd rather watch them now rather than eat them!! xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Super cards Brenda, more practise needed from me as even my splodges don't turn out right :)
Lorraine

Wendy L said...

Beautiful colours on your cards Brenda. I still envy your inkiness, xx

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards Brenda, gorgeous colours and I just love your splodged backgrounds,.

Pat xx

Greta said...

Love these--especially the last one! We used to see pheasants pretty often when I was a kid. Now there are houses all around & I never see pheasants. But at least we do have Great Blue Herons flying over or standing in the fields sometimes.