Wednesday 5 May 2021

Sunshine at River of Creativity


Morning everyone, today sees the start of a new challenge called River of Creativity, it's a monthly challenge which starts on the 5th of the month and ends the last day of each month. It's not just about cardmaking and we are encouraging all types of craft, so I do hope you will pop over to the challenge blog and see what it's all about and even better join in as well.

The challenge blog link is above and there is a presence on SM as well. Those who know me are aware I'm not into FB and other SM so I don't have a clue (or any interest in finding out come to that) about hashtags and the like, but I'm told this link will mean something to lots of you: #ROCsunshine01.

Zoe asked me if I would like to be a Guest Designer for the start of her challenge and I was happy to accept, that turned into an invitation to be a full time DT and as I love her concept for the challenge said a rather speedy yes please.


I was immediately drawn to the theme for the first challenge which is 'Sunshine' so had a lovely inky day creating and came up with this. It was inspired by a new Clarity sunray stencil although I have to admit to being very disappointed when it arrived. It was advertised as a 7x7 stencil, the heavy duty Mylar is indeed that size, but the actual stencil is a small pop out section in the middle measuring just 2.5" x 3.5"......misleading advertising comes to mind.

So I adapted my thinking a little and started by spraying Dylusions Pure Sunshine through the stencil onto some Chocolate Baroque black and white paper (very similar to rice paper but stronger) then stamped the CB Poppies around he edge using Versafine Clair Tulip and added a bit more colour with a Distress Marker. The sentiment is another from one of my own inspiration quote stamp sets available from Chocolate Baroque.


Also a reminder that Chocolate Baroque's Lesley will be on The Craft Store on Friday with shows at 9am and 1pm, above is one of my shares from the show.

Hope you all have a good Wednesday and I really hope you will join our challenge this month and will be popping round to see your entries.
 
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.

20 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely cards and fabulous colours, great designing as always. ♥

Zoechaos said...

Good Morning lovely lady. You are so talented making you part of the full team is a dream thank you for agreeing. As soon as you popped your inspiration piece in the album I fell in love, but would share your disappointment over that stencil size. To top it off the sun is shining today just right for our theme. Thank you again and congratulations on a cracking piece. xoxo

Mummylade said...

Gorgeous creations!

Sorry I haven't been around to comment much of late, life and Covid swept over us and I've been trying to cope to the best of my ability. I hope you don't feel that I have ignored you cause that wasn't my intention. I will try to up my blogging game, I promise.

Ankit Ron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carole said...

Two lovely cards Brenda, clever use of your stencil in card one and it looks like some lovely rice papers in use in card two!xx

Ellibelle said...

Sounds like a fun new challenge (love the name!!) and congrats on your new DT position!
Both cards are gorgeous with these wonderful stamps and great choice of colors on each!

Tracy said...

I've popped by and followed the new challenge blog, love your creation Brenda, congratulations on joining their team.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your new DT and love both cards and the beautiful paper on the second card
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

La tua card ad arco come GD di River of Creativity è bellissima, mi piacciono molto il mix di carta scritta e i colori solari dello stencil. I tulipani (mi sembravano papaveri :D )sono stupendi!
La card per lo show di CB è molto creativa, mi piace molto la combinazione di colori e la forma!
Un abbraccio, buona continuazione di settimana!

KarinsArtScrap said...

you have made a lovely card and a very beautiful card Brenda
Gr Karin

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards Brenda, love the design of the second and the super colours used.

Pat xx

HilaryJane said...

How disappointing to discover the stencil is not what you had expected, but it does look stunning as the centre point of this card. I really like the flower stamping and the shaped card. Lots of interest on this one. Congrats on joining a new DT, I think you might be a glutton for punishment. No wonder you don't enter challenges xx

Kathleen said...

Totally stunning Brenda, good luck to the new challenge and I am certain that you will make a great asset to the team.

Kath x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Brenda a big congratulations on you new DT job and what a gorgeous 'sunshine' card love the rays and the wording the colours you have used look so lovely, unfortunately the weather here is rotten, especially the cold, it would be nice if the sun came out and warmed us up a bit.
hugs
lorraine x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Brenda I got your comment not sure I read in correctly but I think you wanted my email addy which is, coldwaters2@gmail.com, I have sent you an email to the previous address not sure if it worked.
hugs
lorraine x

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous cards!
hugs

ALI said...

Gorgeous desigins Brenda, lots of inkiness! x

Vicky Hayes said...

Lovely to see that you'll be permanent DT at the new challenge Brenda. How disappointing for you to find that the sunray stencil was not as you'd expected. I mourn the loss of our craft shops where you could browse. Lovely artwork as always. Vicky x

Craftyfield said...

The size of the stencil probably influenced your design and it's nicely framed by the Arch shape.
Congratulations on your new DT position, you will be a great asset for the team.

Greta said...

Congrats on the new DT, Brenda! Your sunshine card is lovely & so is your card for CB!