Monday 18 November 2019

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus


Morning Peeps, it's mid way time at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challengse and I also have my shares from my post yesterday over at the Chocolate Baroque blog, so a bit of a hefty post.

At Stamping Sensations our theme is Traditional Christmas Colours and at PB&M it's simply Christmas. 


My Penny Black share uses a super quote and I love the story behind it. The stamp is a real PB oldie and is a genuine quote taken from a New York newspaper in 1897 when a reply was sent to a little eight year called Virginia O'Hanlon who wrote in the the paper asking of Santa was real, this was their answer. The little girl on my card who for the benefit of this post we will call Virginia is part of a PB stamp called For Goodness Sake. The embossed snowflake is also PB as are the die cut snowflakes. I'm not sure Virginia would have been dressed quite like this in 1897 so I'll put it down to artistic licence.


My Stamping Sensations share above uses the new Christmas Garden stamp from this months sponsor Chocolate Baroque, it's a huge stamp and full of detail and it's easy to use just sections of the stamp as I did with my DT card earlier this month. 


And my Chocolate Baroque shares, the one at the top of the post is also one of them. The show featured stamps made from Lesley's personal ephemera collection along with some favourite floral ones. Have to say I really enjoyed working working with this release. 



 
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.

29 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Both Christmas cards are delightful Brenda, and such a good quote! Love the Chocolate Baroque Vintage ephemera cards, great backgrounds and clever finishing details. x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful and gorgeous cards Brenda

gr karin

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow what a beautiful collection of gorgeous cards Brenda.

Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Gosh Brenda you've been busy another stunning collection of cards

Anne

Mervi said...

Beautiful cards all, my fave is the Christmas garden one;-))m

Donna Ellis said...

Wonderful cards, Brenda! I am smitten with your blue and yellow masterpiece! The colors are just amazing together! I think you and I know that we cannot comment on each other's blogs every time, and we know everything is fine friendship wise - but I am very sad to hear about your hubby. Hoping he is soon on the mend and living more comfortably. B, thank you for your many kindnesses and inspiration. You have certainly made a huge difference in my life! hugs, de

Dr Sonia S V said...

So many beautiful beautiful creations Brenda and the chess board is especially intriguing
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Ellibelle said...

Such beautiful cards Brenda. You've been so busy crafting and each one turned out simply stunning. Loving that quote on your PB card!

KandA said...

Two wonderful christmas cards and your CB samples are amazing xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful selection of cards Brenda. Love them all!!

Wendy L said...

Wow Brenda, what a grand selection, you have been busy, all so gorgeous, xxx

Marlies said...

All of these are lovely cards Brenda. All well designed. I wouldn't have recognised the PB one with the little girl on as one of your as it's not your usual style but it is adorable with the little vintage girl.
Take care Marlies x

junemac2 said...

Wow fabulous cards, such a selection. Love them all Brenda. Love that chess one its so different

Hugs June x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Gorgeous cards again Brenda and I'm really drawn to the collage one with the yellow background, love the stamping and layout on that one. They're all fabulous though x

Kathleen said...

An amazing collection of cards, gorgeous images, super colours and some great designs, just had a huge sneezing fit, just be the pollen from the gorgeous flowers. If I had to pick my favourite is the first card.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ciao Brenda,
le tue card per Cioccolato Barocco sono tutte bellissime e molto creative! La prima ha una luce straordinaria, nessuno direbbe che quei colori sono fuori dalla tua zona di comfort!! :) La seconda è più maschile, ma molto creativa con quella carta ripiegata e i bottoni, mi ricorda una camicia con la cravatta... perfetta per un giovane uomo! Molto belle anche le altre card, tutte con stili diversi!
Sei davvero eclettica! La card per Penny Black è stupenda e la sua citazione mi fa sorridere... :) La storia di quel vecchio timbro è molto interessante! "Virginia£ è splendida e i dettagli glitterati aggiungono eleganza e dolcezza!

Abbracci!

Liz said...

What a wonderful collection of cards, Brenda. You HAVE been busy! xx

Sarah said...

My word you have been a busy B!! fabulous cards and I love the story about Virginia. Hope this week has started well xx

Dora said...

Beautiful cards. Lots to see.

Carole said...

I love all these cards Brenda..all beautiful and all so different..I can' and wont pick a favourite as I always love everything you do. Hugs xx

Fikreta said...

all these cards are so very beautiful !

Gerrina said...

What a lot of cards! All beautiful, but a bit more favorite are the first and the bird card! Hugs, Gerrina

Linby said...

so many cards! I love the colours on the first one and I must try this combo as you always make it look so wonderful. The Virginia story is so lovely and not seen that stamp before, your little girl PB looks so cute standing there.

ALI said...

Stunning selection Brenda especially like the first one the colours are gorgeous together x

Lynne said...

A fabulous selection of cards Brenda, love the colour combo of the first one and that CB stamp is wonderful for traditional cards x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous samples and really love the Chocolate Baroque ones -just trying to catch up with everyone
carol x

Anonymous said...

beautiful creations! i especially like the adorable and sweet PB card!

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Hi Brenda, what beautiful cards again!!! I like all very well.
Hugs Carola

Cath Wilson said...

All beautiful, but I love those ephemera stamps. I have a lot of the stuff hanging around and really ought to do something with it, lol. I just hoard it!
Lots of beautiful cards and lots of hard work! Well done you, with all you're going through.
Forgot to ask how's hubby? Hope he's much better now.
Cath x