Sunday 6 May 2018

Flowers all around


It's time for our  new challenges at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More where our themes are 'Close to Nature' and 'Anything Goes'. As always there are wonderful prizes to be won at both. 

Now I do have several shares for Stamping Sensations this month but when I tell you our sponsor is Chocolate Baroque you will understand why. I can't begin to tell you how much I love working with their stamps and count myself so fortunate to be part of their team.

My above creation is one I made for a recent Hochanda show which featured so many beautiful floral and Nature inspired stamps, during this month I will be sharing quite a few over at the CB blog and of course here. I managed to squeeze in so many stampes on this one from the following stamp sets: Honey BeeFragrant HoneysuckleGlorious Spring and Artistic Affirmations

I saw this shape of card on Pinterest and rather liked it for something a bit different.......be warned I have made several so there's more to come. No instructions were provided but it's a really simple one to make, I used an A3 sheet of black card, scored it twice to create the three sections and got two base cards of slightly different depths. Cut the end section crosswise corner to corner and the offcut provided me with the pocket in the middle, then I cut the top pieces for stamping slightly smaller so there was a black border. Next Oxide inks, lots of stamping and some stenciling, rather a lot going on but I do rather like the end result and apparently Lesley did as well which was nice to hear.


My Penny Black and More share uses the gorgeous Flower Lanterns which I repeat stamped onto Bristol Vellum cardstock inking the stamp with Distress Markers and a spritz of water. I then used TL pin dot rectangle dies to cut the piece into four, stamped the PB image and then layered the pieces to re-assemble the flowers increasing the height by doubling and trebling the foam pads.


My next Stamping Sensations share used Chocolate Baroque Poppy stamps. After stamping the Poppies with black versafine I cut out around the top part of the stamp so that I could place a circle die to cut the aperture, ensuring the cut section of the image laid outside the die. The focal sentiment is also CB as are the stencils used to add the leaves and dragonflies for which I used pan pastels. Finally I stamped and cut out another Butterfly and added some liquid pearl drops.


My final share is yet another CB make for Hochanda, I built up the scene with several stamps, coloured the sky and water with Pan Pastels and Spectrum pencils.

Happy Sunday all and I do hope you will pop over to the challenge blogs to see all the inspiration from my team mates and of course join us this month.

45 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful cards, Brenda. I especially love the first one, what a great fold. Thanks for the instructions. xx

Mervi said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda, love the first one, beautiful stamping!
Back to the garden work - it's promised to be a very warm week;-))m

Glennis F said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda - CB have some fantastic stamps, you are so lucky to design with them

gwen70 said...

Beautiful cards, adore the poppy but love them all

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning cards adore the first one! Have a great week.

Lynne said...

I am in awe of all your lovely cards! I especially love the first one, you can see how much work has gone into it x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A stunning collection of cards Brenda, I especially love the top card with the bees.

Sue xx

Cath Wilson said...

Stunning creations, Brenda and I love them all, but the top one is amazing!!! I love the colours, the stamps - gorgeous! Love those lanterns, too - beautifully coloured.

Cath x

Helen said...

Fabulous cards, love the intricacy of the first one, but oh... the poppies!! They're still not out yet at Kew. Fingers crossed for this afternoon!

Wendy L said...

All beautiful Brenda. Loving the poppy one and so reminds me of you, xxx

Ellibelle said...

They are all simply beautiful Brenda, loving all the pretty florals and what a great scene you created for the bird!
Beautifully done!

Leanne Harris said...

All beautiful cards Brenda - I'm loving all the vibrant red! xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card s and beautiful stamps Brenda love the first fold and the layered poppies-thanks for the heads up about the challenge
Carol x

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful, brenda! Such attention to detail! I love the idea of tucking the tag on the inside, so pretty. We have another of those dull days but the sun will come out eventually. :)

Daniela said...

Wonderful cards Brenda! My fav is the poppy card, love it!
x Daniela

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, an array of so beautiful cards, Brenda!! The first one has a fab folding, so creative! LOVE it!
Pinned https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524496801166/
Also the others creations are so lovely, and especially the third catches my eyes with that gorgeous poppy and the partial diecutting of the window! The little butterfly is really an adorable touch. Great background, too!
Have a lovely week! Big hugs!

cuilliesocks said...

Such wonderful cards Brenda, I love that unusual fold of your first card, but all your designs are amazing, Kate x

Inkyfingers said...

What an awesome collection of cards Brenda - they are all beautiful!
Hugs
Carol x

Lorraine said...

Stunning cards Brenda, love the designs and colours
Lorraine x

rachel said...

Amazing makes Brenda - all beautiful ....I do, of course, have a love of all things chocolate baroque!!!! Love that kingfisher - such a beautiful scene! Hugs Rachel x

pinky said...

Beautiful cards Brenda. I am definitely going to try the first two shapes. So gorgeous!

Kathleen said...

Another set of fabulous cards Brenda, cast in order of appearance..
First card is amazing - super shape with a gorgeous background and images.
Love all the layers on the second card and the colour of the lovely image.
Super clean background in a lovely pale green.
A lovely image and a great scene for the last but not least.
But o fcouse you know all this

Kath x

Joan said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, love the first one, so different but I also love all the others too, beautiful poppies and I am so pleased to see the lantern card as I have just got that stamp and rather at a loss as to what to do with it!
I grew the Japanese lantern plant when I was a child and always loved it,tried to grow it in my garden several times over the years but never succeeded !

Joan x

Sally H said...

A stunning collection of cards, Brenda! I am loving the design of the first and of my birthday card too. Thank you xxx the kingfisher is a beauty too. I love them all xxx

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous cards!
Hugs

Greta said...

The first card is totally amazing--beautiful & unique! All of them are great, Brenda!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

So many beautiful cards Brenda. The first one is such a clever design and a great way of showcasing CB stamps. I also love the Poppy one and the one with the Kingfisher......Gorgeous! X

Astrid Maclean said...

Such a beautiful and insppiring set of cards Brenda!! Great stamping wonderful backgrounds and all so beautifully put together! I adore the design of the top one, - very clever!!

Marlies said...

These are all stunning cards Brenda! All so elegant and made with lovely stamps. The shape of the first one is very nice, an idea to remember. I love the PB card with the stamped layers, something for me to try. The other two are great works of art too. Great inspiration. Marlies x

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Brenda - they are all exquisite - the Poppy one is my favourite.
Blessings
Maxine

Mrs A. said...

Gosh, all such lovely cards. Do like the first one very much but hen I love the poppy one too. Decisions ,decisions.!! Hugs Mrs A.

ALI said...

Beautiful selection Brenda, love the last one x

Viv said...

All just too much Brenda! Loving every single one of thse and could not pick a fave out! You are a genius. x

Lynne K said...

You were certainly on a roll with the Nature themes, Brenda! A stunning set of cards. xx

Gerrina said...

Great cards! And a great sponsor...I do like that; this way there are more beautiful cards to see here :)! Hugs, Gerrina

Dr Sonia S V said...

I love the way you use stamps in such beautiful creative ways Brenda!!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

susiestacey said...

More stunners, love the shape of the first one and all the beautiful cottage garden stamping - so pretty. I think the lanterns is becoming one of my fav PB's as each time l use it or see it, it always looks different. I bought a plant from a house sale last year and it produces blue lanterns and can't remember it's name - an american plant apparently, it produces 100's of seeds which l kept and are ready to pot on. x

Stamps and Paper said...

Your cards are stunning Brenda and its so hard to pick a favourite as they are all equally beautiful

Anne

SusanLotus said...

They are all very beautiful creations!
The first one is sooo vibrant and warming me inside
like sunshine.

Hope you are doing just fine.
Hugs
Sussie


SewPaperPaint said...

Brenda, each of these cards is absolutely fantastic! The fold is genius and the tag insert and stamping are incredible and the layered frame card is such a great idea! So much amazing inspiration flows from your fingertips! Thank you!!! Hugs, Autumn

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Oh, Brenda, what beautiful cards are these again. I'm as thrilled as ever.
Hugs Carola

Mia said...

I love your gorgeous cards, Brenda. The one with the bird and the bridge is my favourite. Great colouring, my friend. Kisses.

Donna Ellis said...

Loveliness, Miss Brenda! The trifold wonder on top is fabulous, and I've pinned it to copy the fold later on. It's beautifully done, as are each of your masterpieces! hugs, de

Mrs.B said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, you've showcased all the stamps so well, but I do love the layered flower lanterns.
Avril xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What beautiful cards! Your designs are amazing, I love all the detail that you create 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊