Morning Peeps, today I have a couple of shares for our mid month posts at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations, at the latter the DT are taking it in turns to share a new technique and needles to say mine is a messy one.
I'm not a big fan of Winter so decided for my Penny Black creation to look ahead to Spring with a pair of PB stamps that were made for each other. I created a soft background with Distress Inks, the used Distress Markers to ink the Daffodils, spritzed with water and repeat stamped, then added with sentiment using Versafine black.
I have just lifted my post from Stamping Sensations:
I have no idea if or what the name might be for this technique and I am sure it's not a new one, but I actually came across it by accident one day when I inadvertently let a piece of printed paper land on a sticky background that was still wet. When I tried to lift off the paper I noticed that some of the print had adhered itself to the background so I had a play and rather liked the look so this is how I find it works best.
Start by creating an inky background, in this case I used Bristol cardstock and oxide inks, but it works equally well with with Brusho, Dylusions and other background mediums.
Next take a couple of pages form an old book..................do make sure they are 'appropriate'...........I did one a few weeks back, sent it off as a TV sample only to discover later that the printed content was not really 'viewer friendly'...........the TV presenter and crew had a laugh but it's made me more aware since!!
Tear the pages into small pieces and arrange on the background randomly and have a bone folder or ruler to hand along with a dries clear glue such as Indigo Blue Slap it On...............I experimented as the regular Slap it On didn't work as well as the Super Thick version which gave a much better adhesion and transfer. You need to work quite quickly here so best work on the pieces of paper one by one, giving a good brushing of glue to the base card and over each piece, then burnish with the bone folder or ruler edge several times and peel away the paper to reveal the print.
It doesn't matter if some of the paper remains as it all adds to the randomness of the piece and of course some of the print picked up will be the reverse but as it's a background it all adds to the interest.
Now you have your finished piece ready for stamping and on this occasion I used it with Chocolate Baroque stamps. I know it looks a messy process but that's all part of the fun and once stamped up to a finished piece gives an interesting and different look
Exactly the same process, just with different coloured inks. When I have spare time I like to make up a batch of backgrounds ready for stamping up at a later date........helps no end with rush TV deadlines!
Many thanks for taking a peek and hope you will give it a try.