Saturday 31 October 2015

Christmas Angels and seasonal grung



Good morning to you all, it's time for our new challenge at Allsorts where Susan is getting us into Christmas mode and would like to see Christmas inspired creations. Our sponsor is Scrapper's Delight.

My card at the top has been created with stamps from Stamp Addicts and is one of my samples for their upcoming shows on Hochanda this coming Thursday 5th November. If you are one of the many yet to discover this new craft channel you will find it on Sky 663, Freeview 39 and Freesat 817. The stamp Addict Shows will be live on air at 1pm and 6pm.

I love this collection of Grunge Stamps and after doing quite a few ready for the shows wondered how it would look in traditional Christmas colours and have to say I rather liked the outcome, in fact even hubby like it which is rare for him when it comes to inky crafting.

I inked the stamp with Adirondack dye inks, spritzed with water and stamped onto white cardstock and added some glitter around the edges. The Poinsettia is also Stamp Addicts which I stamped with the same inks, dragged some colour out and stamped the focal flower twice more and decoupaged adding more glitter. An organza bow and coordinating mat and layering.


I also have a second share which is another Tattered Lace creation, a good deal of my time is now taken up with work for them so it seems only sensible to make the most of all the hard work and share them.......when I remember that is. I would add though that as a confirmed stamper I still have to regularly indulge in inky stamping fun as with the Stamp Addicts card above, but equally would never have believed how much I would come to enjoy creating with dies.

The base has been made from Kraft cardstock and Tattered Lace Essential Book die set and Kaisercraft papers. Once you have cut out the the layers it's so quick to assemble, I usually roll each page round a rolling pin to give a bit more shape.................I should add that I don't use the one from the kitchen and keep one in my craft room dedicated to crafting. Then it's a matter of decorating however you fancy, I chose to use TL Angel of Peace, Trio Christmas Roses and Leaves and a good amount of gold gilding wax and ribbons to embellish.

When it comes to gilding wax I have tried a good number in recent years, some are OK'ish and some pretty disappointing as they seem to go hard once they have been opened a while. But back in the summer I purchased some Pebeo and my goodness what a difference, it's not the cheapest by any means but it's lovely and creamy, no signs of drying out and buffs up a treat so to my mind confirms you get what you pay for. If I get to the NEC...........which is in the balance at the moment as I am on the cancellation list to have my dorsal ganglion block injections brought forward a week and need to stay in hospital........ I shall be hunting down some more Pebeo in one or two different colours.

Happy weekend all and my thanks for your kind visits and comments.

48 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Two great creations and those Pebeo gilding waxes are worth the money (have all three and you only need a tiny amount). Have a great week.

Lorraine said...

Two beautiful cards Brenda, love your designs.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

gwen70 said...

Two gorgeous cards, especially love the first one

Glennis F said...

Both of these cards are beautiful Brenda, especially the first one - I love it

Craftyfield said...

These grunge stamps are perfect to "fake" a mixed media project without getting paint everywhere! Works pretty well as a Christmas card too. I have been hankering after gilding waxes too but, as you say, if you want something good that won't dry in the pot, you have to pay the price! I will be crossing my fingers so that you can get the injection AND attend the NEC pain-free. xx

Marianne said...

I really love the look of yiur first card, Brenda. As much as I love non-traditional colours for Christmas, there's always something comforting in the traditional green, red and gold, especially if the card is executed as beautifully as yours. Hope you can make it to NEC, although I suppose that if you need that injection, you want it to be over and done with asap.
Hope your weekend will be a good one!
Marianne x

Wendy L said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, love the book, xxx

Mummylade said...

both your projects are so classy and elegant!

Words and Pictures said...

Such lovely cards... I love the delicate tones of the traditional festive colours, and I particularly love the opened book effect of the second card. Brilliant and beautiful.
Alison xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Beautiful cards Brenda. Your inky stamping looks beautiful as a background for the lovely poinsettia and I love the book shape of the TL card. Thanks for the tip about the gilding wax, mine has gone hard too so I will keep a eye out for the Pebeo ones as I'm lucky enough to be going to the NEC again this year. I hope you are able to go too and that your treatment turns out well.
Lorraine

Sarah said...

These are fabulous Brenda and the Christmassy colours suit the first card perfectly. Love the book card too, the Angel is gorgeous and that bow is a fabulous finishing touch xx

aussie aNNie said...

Two stunning cards Brenda....oh and I can see you in one of those fur hats, I recall dad having one....make from bunnies..xx
{The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Fikreta said...

very pretty cards
I always admire your creations!
have a nice day

Robin said...

Oh my goodness...these are both stunning! I just love this book and the colors are so pretty. Always an inspiration. Hope you are well. Hugs, Robin

Joan said...

Two more fabulous cards Brenda, have to say I just love the first one, you do the inky backgrounds so beautifully, might have to have a look at those grunge stamps !

Joan

Unknown said...

Hallo liebe Brenda,
einfach wunderschön deine beiden Karten,ich bin jedesmal begeistert von deinen zauberhaften Werken,
glg ulrike

jackiescrafts said...

Lovely cards I especially like the first one and it works brilliantly in the traditional colours
Jackie x

hellerlittle said...

woooooohoooooooooooo both are such amazing !!!!
Love the x-mas time to create all these wonderfull cards
CU hellerlittle

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

La prima card è davvero meravigliosa, Brenda!!!! Il timbro grunge è favoloso e con il tuo mix di colori tradizionali rende tantissimo! La poinsettia è stupenda!
Anche la seconda card a forma di libro è molto bella e lussuosa con il color oro, il favoloso angelo e i fiori sovrapposti! !

SewPaperPaint said...

BRENDA - the background on your top card is AMAZING!!!! WOW!!!! I so love this!!! The gorgeous shape of the second card is brilliant - I've never seen anything like it. Love that it is layered repeatedly. Beautiful, beautiful inspiration to start my weekend of stamping. Big hugs, Autumn

ALI said...

Beautiful cards, I adore the first one!

Anonymous said...

Great cards, I love the bows!!!
Hugsss, Gaby

Dr Sonia S V said...

Both your cards are so beautiful and Especially love the beautiful ribbon on the book card
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Di said...

Wow Brenda, what fabulous makes! Your grunge card is beautiful, I like that it's still clean looking :) And that book card is just amazing.

Hugs

Di xx

Sophie said...

Die beiden Weihnachtskarten sind wundervoll, Brenda

xx

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards Brenda, I especially like the first one with all your grungy stamping - really gorgeous/ Enjoy your weekend.

Pat xx

Jacee said...

Two more beauties Brenda, fabulous designs
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi, Brenda! These are so beautiful! The grunge is so cool on a Christmas card! Love the TL die cuts on the second one - I like the book shape!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Two gorgeous cards today, love the grunge stamps. Hope all goes well at the hospital if you go in. If you are at the NEC on Thursday a few blogging buddies are meeting up at 1pm at LOTV stand so do stop by x

Mrs.B said...

Two gorgeous cards Brenda but I must admit I do love the inky one. The poinsettia looks stunning against that wonderful background.
Avril xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are both beautiful Brenda, I love the angel on that open book
Kevin xx

Gail said...

Great cards Brenda!
Have a great weekend, and a short stay in the hospital!

rachel said...

oh my Brenda - I adore that seasonal grunge - I will so be pinching that idea - fabulous!!!!! Love your other make too!!! Hugs rachel xx

Kathleen said...

Two stunners Brenda, pretty blown away with both to be honest.

Kath x

Stamping Bubbles said...

Brilliant Christmas cards Brenda. Love the TL dies you have used. I too had similar experiences with gilding wax and spent a fortune on them and products to soften them so I relented and bought the Pebeo ones. They are fabulous, I have my silver one for ages and it hardly looks used. Smells devine too.
Enjoy your weekend
Lesley

Donna Ellis said...

Brenda, both your cards are like walking through your blog's name -- floral fantasy. Beautiful and moving ... Breathtakingly gorgeous. XXOO

Jackie said...

Two more stunning creations Brenda :o)
Jackie xx

AnyOldCraft said...

Beautiful hun.
I love that book die.
Amazon sell the pebeo guilding wax hun.
I have never used the guilding was so my son has bought me some for Christmas and I can't wait to get my fingers on it :)

Michelle J M said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards Brenda. The gilding wax really is effective. I do not have the Pebeo ones but I have also heard that they are nice and creamy. Mine dried out although I believe one can add some alcohol to them but that sounds like just too much trouble! Michelle x

KandA said...

Wow these are both fabulous Brenda. Love that grunge stamping in the festive colours with the lovely ribbon and Poinsettia and the TL creation is stunning xx

Mervi said...

Both so beautiful and stunning cards;-))m

Ellibelle said...

These are amazing, Brenda! Beautifully done!!

Karen Petitt said...

Oh my! Thank you Brenda! I have been wondering if I could incorporate my Stampendous grunge stamps on a or more Christmas cards and I love that one! Of course having checked out Stamp Addicts I would love all of theirs too, they would fit awesomely with the Stampendous set I already own. I hope to be inky later this week as you've inspired me to create grunge Christmas cards now Karen xx

Berina RGA said...

Both cards are very beautiful!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Gerrina said...

Wow, two beauties! Classic and vintage in such a beautiful way! No favo here; both great! Hugs, Gerrina

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Brenda these are two lovely creations I do love how you have created the background of the first card the second is just amazing
hugs
lorraine x

mags said...

Two gorgeous cards Brenda.
Mags
x

susiestacey said...

Two beautiful and different christmas makes Brenda xSusan x