Saturday 26 May 2018

Bee Happy and Rudolph Days


Morning Peeps, I'm no scheduled posts for the next couple of weeks as we are off sunning ourselves  (at least I hope it's sunny) on another Celebrity ship taking in the waves with a glass or two of all things bubbles.................no I'm not really fussy so long as there are bubbles. I won't be using the on board WiFi, unlimited use was a free perk option, but a drinks package and a hefty on board credit was far more appealing, so will see you all when we return.

This weeks Allsorts theme is hosted by Tracy Mouse and it's a real fun one of 'Insects, Bugs, Bees and Butterflies'. And we have a the perfect prize to fit the theme, an A4 stamp sheet full of all the things Tracy had in mind for her theme.

I had two cards sitting my my Chocolate Baroque folder which had not been blogged and both fit the theme perfectly. For the one at the top I used a die to cut out the three honeycomb shapes and used foam pads to raise the piece over a piece of yellow DP, but before fixing into place used two CB stamps to add the sentiment into one of the apertures. Stamped, cut out and coloured two bees, fixed in place and used liquid pearls to create the 'trail' of their flight.


The background of this one is Distress Oxides, the floral harlequin image stamped to the left of the panel, cleaned the stamp and inked just the harlequin section to add more pattern before adding a Butterfly which is also CB.


And I remembered as I was doing some packing that when this post goes live the new Rudolph Days challenge will be in full swing, so above is my share for that, I am going to have to try and add the link from my tablet at a friendly cafe somewhere, now that will be testing for sure as the keyboard and I don't get on, have to use a desktop to do any typing.

So as it's a bit of a last minute addition I hope you will forgive the lack of info on my card other than it's a Stamp Addicts sample for Hochanda, Distress Inks, die cut aperture, some twine and a button.

Happy weekend all.

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details.

38 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Have a great holiday. Love the cards.

Wendy L said...

Beautiful cards Brenda.
Enjoy your cruise, you deserve it. xxx

gwen70 said...

Gorgeous cards, have a great holiday

kiwimeskreations said...

Enjoy your break and go easy on the bubbles for your kidney's sake :-).
Love your cards, especially the second one with the Harlequin stamp
Blessings
Maxine

Let's Art Journal said...

What beautiful cards! I love the bees and honeycomb that you created and the sentiment is perfect too 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Three fantastic cards Brenda I love them all. Hope you have a wonderful holiday where ever you've gone.

Sue xx

Glennis F said...

Have a great time on your cruise Brenda, I hope the weather is kind to you

Sarah said...

Lovely cards Brenda, the busy bees are my favourite. Hope you have a wonderful time xx

Craftyfield said...

Wifi vs drinks... no contest Brenda! It's good to disconnect entirely anyway and I'm sure your other half would rather you spent your holiday time actually with him rather than connected to the web! (My OH isn't best pleased when I'm online on hols!). I love your bee card, superb design and the butterfly one has lovely colours as a well as a good combination of stamps. Also great use of second generation stamping for a sense of depth on your Christmas card.
Enjoy yourself! xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous and beautiful cards Brenda
Gr Karin

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Brenda, I'm sure that just now you are taking a lot of sun, here it shines hot! :D Enjoy your trip and holidays!! And have a fabulous Birthday! :D
Both your yellow/black card are just amazing and so inspiring!! Great design! And the Christmas card looks very elegant and interesting with those trees peeking out from the circle window! As always I find a lot of inspirations here!!
Big hugs and enjoy your break!!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, lovely image and beautifully designed.
Hope you have a fabulous and restful holiday, enjoy yourselves, Kate x

Ellibelle said...

Wonderful cards Brenda! Such pretty colors and stamping on all!
Enjoy your holiday!!

ALI said...

Great cards as usual Brenda, hope you enjoy your holiday! x

Dora said...

Three beautiful cards!!

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda,
I hope you have a fantastic holiday
Lorraine x

Kathleen said...

Three fabulous cards Brenda, fabulous design and images of the 'Bee' card and the lovely CAS effect.
Lovely colours and images on the second card
Beautiful trees and layout on the RD card.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful cards B, hugs.

Have a lovely weekend.






[aussie aNNie blog]

Mervi said...

Gorgeous cards!
Enjoy the cruise and bubbles;-))m

pinky said...

No matter how stressed or rushed you are Brenda you always produce the goods. They are just beautiful. Enjoy your holidays.

Jane Willis said...

Have a lovely trip - I'm sure you'll find it really restful to be without wifi. Your cards are all gorgeous, especially the bee one - I'm very much in love with bees at the moment.

KandA said...

Wonderful selection of cards Brenda. Hope you're having a fabulous holiday xx

Anonymous said...

have a wonderful and relaxing h holiday, brenda! your cards are beautiful, i especially like the bees and the pretty yellow papers. it's great to see you join the rudolph days challenge this month with such a lovely holiday card.
linda
DT rudolph days challenge

scrappymo! said...

Three wonderful cards, Brenda. The first two are so positive looking and also have that look that they are full of good thoughts.
I have a young friend who is currently suffering from depression. You have inspired me to make her a bee card as she will get a chuckle out of that. I am trying to send her positive and happy type cards while she is trying to get back to herself.

Now, with my official hat on...Your Rudolph CArd is so pretty. I love the aperture highlighting the pretty trees and the way you have done up the sentiment with the twine and the green ink just makes it look so lovely. Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.

Greta said...

All beautiful cards, Brenda! I really love the first one & the Christmas card is just what I love! Hope you've had a great cruise!

Mummylade said...

gorgeous creations, have a lovely holiday!

Sally H said...

Gorgeous creations, Brenda! I might have to borrow the Bee card idea - those cut outs look so effective! Happy Rudolf Day and I hope you are having a lovely time xxx

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda, love the yellow/white bee cards, looks so fresh and gorgeous stamping on the other tow.
Enjoy your holiday - wifi v drinks package no contest - just relax.
Avril xx

Tracy said...

You've made fantastic creations for my theme, I love your designs, and your background for the butterfly is fabulous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

LesleyG said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, happy RD and enjoy your cruise xxx

Linby said...

Loving all the yellow - I don't use that colour enough - these are terrific. Great rudolph card too. Hope you are having a lovely break.

Gerrina said...

Those bees on your first card look scarry-real! The card is beautiful! Love the butterflies on the 2nd, but with the warm weather here I don't feel anything for a winter-card :) Hope you are relaxing! Hugs, Gerrina

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning designs I love the colours on your amazing cards Love and hugs Caorle x

Joan said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, love the Bee one and the harlequin one too( reminds me I have those stamps somewhere!). The Christmas card is lovely.

Joan x

crafty-stamper said...

All beautiful cards Brenda-love the Bees of course!!! and the beautiful tree stamp too--enjoy your holiday
Carol x

Dr Sonia S V said...

As always such beautiful cards you make Brenda...you continue to be an inspiration!
Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

susiestacey said...

Lovely cards as always Brenda- love the little bee's x Susan x

Fikreta said...

so very beautiful cards!
hugs