Saturday 16 December 2017

A snowflake is Winters Butterfly



Morning Peeps, it's Saturday so that means it's time for our new challenge at Allsorts and this week I am your host and the theme is 'Cold and Frosty Colours. We have a prize from this weeks sponsor Crafty Ribbons, a bundle of ribbons in colours to go with the theme. 

I also have some Chocolate Baroque shares below, a day late I'm afraid as I've not been feeling at my best since my kidney procedure last week and not up to sitting at the computer for any length of time...................yes I do have a tablet but my dodgy dexterity means the smaller keyboard is just not an option as I spend more time correcting typos than writing the comment. So my apologies I've not been to visit many of you as I've restricting my time to short DT comments.

Lots of inkiness and embossing going on with this one, my starting point was to create the background with Brushos, but mopping them off so I only got a hint of the colour. Next some stamping with snowflakes and distress inks followed by creating some random lines with the edge of a credit card which I swiped across the same ink pads plus a scattering of silver Frantage which was also added around the edges of the piece. The Butterfly is Soft Wings from Penny Black, heat embossed with silver, cut out and coloured with the same inks. The sentiment is computer generated.......I do have it as a stamp somewhere but can I find it, of course I can't !

For this one I simple repeat stamped leaves in different colours to create the flower shapes

Here are some my my shares from yesterday's post over at the Chocolate Baroque DT blog, were each month we offer inspiration on quick and easy cards using CB stamps.

I used a torn piece of paper to create the wavy line mask, coloured with Pan Pastels, stenciled some flourishes with the mask still in place then stamped the Butterfly

Although many CB stamps are beautifully detailed, we aim to prove they work equally well to make cards when you are in a hurry and when creating cards for Lesley's TV shows on Hochanda the DT create some dedicated to CAS strles.

Brushos for the splatter background, stamped the flower onto black, embossed with white, cut out and fixed over two stamped leaves

Masked a strip across card, coloured with Pan Pastels then randomly stamped flowers with the mask still in place

Brushos again and blown with a straw to spread, stamped the Lily and coloured with Brushos

Applied Pan Pastels through an oval mask and stamped the wildflowers with the mask still in place

Stamped the Fuchsia and corners and coloured with distress markers

Happy weekend all and my thanks for popping in today.

30 comments:

Mervi said...

Fabulous set of cards, the first one is adorable.
Hope you are feeling well;-))m

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful set of cards Brenda

gr karin

Pat said...

Beautiful set of cards Brenda, your cold and frosty colour one is gorgeous. Glad. everything went well and I hope you are soon feeling much better and have a good weekend.

Pat xx

Wendy L said...

Loads of gorgeous cards Brenda, xxxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful collection of cards Brenda especially the top card. Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit under the weather, hope you're better for Christmas.

Sue xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Sorry to read tou are not so good, hope you improve this week. Lovely array of cards, the top one is my fave, just love the colours. You may find my post today interesting

Dora said...

Beautiful cards and what lot to see. Fantastic done, Brenda!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such great compilation of wonderful makes Brenda!! Your Brusho's background are stunning and you used them so well for bases of your cards!! The first one is stunning, thanks for sharing your technique for doing the lines with a credit card! LOVE the card with CB flower stamped on black and embossed in white with the brusho's splatter on the background, it's so creative and has a fantastic look! Thanks for sharing your clever ideas! Always love seeing your creation!
So sorry that you haven't finished yet with your surgeries! I wish you a speed recovery and having soon a better health!!! Take care!
Big hugs and thanks for being a lovely crafty friend!!

Carole C. said...

Hi Brenda. Your cards are always beautiful and great inspiration for everyone. Particularly like the Winter butterfly one, the saying is lovely. Hope you are feeling much better soon.
Best wishes
Carole



Helen said...

that first card is just beautiful! Hope you recover from your op soon xx

Greta said...

So sorry you're not feeling well, Brenda. Hoping the operation makes a difference for you & that you're much better soon. Your cards are always wonderful, but wow--the first 2 really grabbed my attention!

pinky said...

Absolutely stunning collection of cards Brenda. I love them all. I hope you feel better soon. Hugs Pinky

Words and Pictures said...

So many delightful cards - but it's that first one with the silvery butterfly which is the absolute showstopper for me. I do hope you feel more fully recovered in time to enjoy Christmas - no need to fret about commenting... we'll still be here!
Alison x

Mrs A. said...

A gorgeous selection of cards as usual. I adore the butterfly card . I hope you feel better as the days go by. Hugs Mrs A.

Babs said...

I love them all Brenda there stunning, hope you recover quickly, Merry Christmas & Very good wishes for 2018..
Hugs Babs x

Glennis F said...

A lovely selection Brenda, I especially love the big orange splat!

Best wishes for a happy and healthy Christmas, and I hope your recovery continues

Sarah said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, the buttercups made me smile and remember sunny days!! Hope that you soon start to feel better xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda. Love all of them
Lorraine x

Kathleen said...

Love the background colours and the gorgeous silver border around the card.
A super set of cards for CB, my favourite is the the bold red flower card.

Kath x

Leanne Harris said...

Oh my goodness Brenda, such a lot of beautiful makes! The Lily one stands out to me as it's so vibrant and of course the beautiful butterfly on the first one being one of "our" favourite PB stamps! These are lovely samples to show how CB stamps can be used effectively and with so many different background choices - a lovely post! Keep warm my friend, it's been so cold in our neck of the woods of late xxxxxxx

Craftyfield said...

My... you've been busy, Brenda! I love your first gorgeous butterfly card, the colours are just perfect! But all are splendid... I hope you will recover before the festivities and wish you and your family a Happy Christmas!

Gerrina said...

Wow a treat for the eye so many! Love both the butterfly cards; they are my favorites, but the oval one is such a beauty too...what am I saying; they are all beautiful. but well we all have some things we like more... Enjoy the weekend and take time to rest... Hugs, Gerrina

Ellibelle said...

Such wonderful creations Brenda, each one beautiful. Of course my favorite one has to be the first one with those gorgeous wintery colors. It's really hard for me to do much on handheld devices as well. Like you said, more correcting, than typing. Hope you recover quickly!

Tracy said...

Some really wonderful and stunning pieces here Brenda, I love all your inkyness and designs.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, an absolutely amazing set of cards!! You have been super busy, they are all just wonderful!

Fikreta said...

your cards are very nice!
love them!
Happy Holidays! 🎄🎅⛄
hugs

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving all your cards Brenda!! - I understand that your computer time is limited, and I am sorry to hear that life is throwing more challenges at you :-(. {{{{{hugs}}}}}
May your Christmas be blessed with love
Maxine

Linby said...

wow so many lovely cards. The first one though is my absolute fave - just so ethereal and beautiful.

Merry said...

More amazing creations. That card with the splash of red brushos and black and white flower is just stunning.

ALI said...

Stunning work Brenda, so many different disigns.