Tuesday 19 September 2017

Roses and Reindeer's, Penny Black mid month and a Snippet



Hello all, I'm over at the Chocolate Baroque DT blog again today to share a few more of my samples from last months Hochanda shows where Lesley inspired us all with more beautiful stamps.

For my first share I gave a piece of watercolour card a watery covering of DI then stamped Crackling Rose  with Versafine black and coloured in with sparkle pens. The sentiment is from Loving Sentiments which I cut into several pieces to arrange around the bloom. The edges have been lightly inked, matted onto coordinating cardstock and a organza bow added down the side.


Reindeer Landscape is such a lovely stamp and I decided to keep it fairly simple. I stamped the main image and added some watercolour to the sky using a mask to block out the moon plus a little shading to the hills, then stamped part of the image twice onto a larger piece of card so that I could raise the focal coloured one in the centre to carry the scene either side. I also stamped one of the Deer again, cut it out and decoupaged offsetting it to the left.


My last share is a bit more inky indulgence using offcuts of Fabriano, when I cut several squares for base cards I am always left with the end strips which fit perfectly with Timmy's Cabinet Card die. I inked the three pieces with Oxide inks and stamped with Harlequin Bouquet and Floribunda Net, coloured in with the same inks and the sentiment from Loving Sentiments stamped with Versafine black. I also added some leaves using leaves using the Useful Leaves stencil. Finally the three pieces were then tied together with seam binding threaded through eyelets. I am popping over to visit Miss Di and Parsnip over at the Snippets Playground.


And now for my mid month Penny Black and More creation using Penny Black 40-561 Santa's Visit from the new 'Be Merry' 2017 Christmas collection now available in the UK from Crafts U Love.

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with Christmas cards, the fact that I start making TV samples in May each year means that by the time I come to making my own and those for orders I am a tad fed up with them. Even more so when those orders require so many of the same design.............one of the reasons I try to avoid wedding orders as I hate monotony and am far happier playing with lots of inks and a few stamps. Anyhow here are the cards for one of my Christmas orders, 50 of these required and I am determined to get all the Christmas cards out of the way before we go on holiday next week and glad to say this order is all done and dusted.


Happy day all.

32 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

LOVE all them, Brenda! Amazing use of the beautiful CB and PB stamps!! I just adore especially the second one, and loved reading how you have created it!! I learned another trick from you, thanks so much :D Very inspiring!
Hope you are well and that Italy weather is lovely on your vacation.
Big hugs!

Gerrina said...

Wow 50 the same? I would be so fed up with the stamps and ink needed for that one...think I would,n't stamp for at least a week...
Love the design though...
And the other cards look great too, the yellow so fresh rose is my favorite! Hugs and wishing you a good and colourful holiday next week!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful cards B, I am drawn to the first yellow one and love the sentiment.xx [aNNie]

kiwimeskreations said...

OH Brenda these are gorgeous cards - love that little tri-fold one. I do all my own Christmas cards to the one design, so then I don't have to think about who gets what!!, but an order of 50 all the same - that's tough!
Blessings
Maxine

Leanne Harris said...

I'm absolutely amazed Brenda that on top of all of what you already do - you even take on Christmas orders???!!!! I'm struggling to make ANYTHING for myself at the moment!!!! These are all lovely and your Penny Black offering is superb (even if you have had to make Loads of it - I've said it before and I'll say it again - don't know how you do it - you must have elves overnight??!!!). Have a great week Brenda and I know how much your holiday means to you, sending lots of love xxxxx

Crafting Queen said...

Wow you have been busy. Love the Christmas cards. Have a great time on holiday.

Babs said...

Morning Brenda , wonderful techniques and such amazing cards, love the Penny black christmas cards they have to be my favourite.
Hugs Babs x

StirYourCreativity said...

Awesome cards

Valerija said...

Stunning cards Brenda! Love them all, but my favourite is the second one. The background is perfect for this adorable scene!
Valerija xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh that crackling rose is sure amazing and hats off to you for making so many cards...the majority of the bulk crafting I do is when I make gifts for my daughter's teachers!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful and gorgeous cards Brenda
Gr Karin

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning selection of cards Brenda, no going to choose a favourite, they are all fantastic. Brilliantly coloured and designed, Kate x

Linby said...

I hate monotony too! Never do batch makes, even the ones I managed this time are actually all different but on the same lines! Love your winter scene it's beautiful. Great work with the deer and tinting the middle panel. Love the CB rose - great layout.

Stamps and Paper said...

Wow Brenda what a collection of beautiful cards...I cant possibly choose a favourite one

Anne

Sarah said...

Good grief Brenda you are a demon card maker!! These are fabulous and 50 in a set...incredible!! I love the message on the beautiful yellow rose card and anything showing a deer of the countryside gets my vote. Have a fabulous holiday xx

Wendy L said...

All so lovely Brenda, but I have to have a fave and that is the 1st one so bright, just gorgeous. Xxx

Lorraine said...

A fabulous selection of cards Brenda. I love the set of wintery scenes.
Lorraine x

Fikreta said...

your cards are so very nice !
lots of hugs

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wonderful makes yet again Brenda, I can always find inspiration when visiting here.
Lorraine

Kathleen said...

Had to smile to myself that the image was called Crackling Rose and the sentiment mentions a song, I shall now be singing Neil Diamonds, Crackling Rose all night. Gorgeous card.
Love the other cards too, hope you get the 50 done.
The other Sunday, Chris wasn't well so Family did not come for Sunday lunch, so with time on my hands I wrote all my Christmas cards, I shall be putting this on the next RD where I expect to get lots of abuse.

Kath x

crafty-stamper said...

All fabulous cards and stamps-love the crackling rose stamp and the Christmas card is just beautiful--but 50!!!
Carol x

Berina RGA said...

Such lovely cards Brenda!! I love that Christmas card. I agree with your feeling of making the the same card again and again. I also feel the same.

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Amazing work. Your cards have such a lovely tone.

coldwaters2 said...

Spectacular selection of creations Brenda I do love the Rose one especially, the colours, background and sentiments look fabulous, the festive makes look amazing but like you I do not think I could sit and work with one stamp for too long, lol, awesome work.
hugs
lorraine x

Anonymous said...

These are all so beautiful brenda! Such a variety of colours, designs and techniques! Wow, 50?! I only make a few sets of 6 each and i struggle with painting the same image that many times. You'll be able to escape from it all and have a good holiday.

Mrs.B said...

Lovely cards today Brenda, love the design with the Reindeer landscape. You've done well making 50 cards of the same design, I struggle when I do a batch of 6.
Hugs, Avril xx

Di said...

Oh B, you really are Wonder Woman! How do you produce all these wonderful cards as WELL as cards to order in batches? Astounding and they're all gorgeous! Of course I really love your Snippets card, so unusual! As always, utterly gorgeous work!

Hugs

Di xx (and a squishy hug from Parsnip!) x

May said...

What a gorgeous selection of cards Brenda as always... I adore that reindeer landscape such a lovely scene... well done on all those cards stunning work... May x

Pat said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, I love the Reindeer Landscape scene and the snowy trees on the Penny Black one.

Pat xx

Greta said...

Wowzer--you made 50 of those?! I can't even imagine doing that--not that anyone would order from me, so not a problem--haha! I make mostly individual Christmas cards, but the one problem is then I have to decide who gets what--haha! I'm totally in love with your deer scene, Brenda--brilliant design!

SewPaperPaint said...

Yes, I would rather spend an hour making one card than two hours making five. Silly, I know, but I hate doing assembly line. I'm doing swaps with my local friends and I keep wanting to quit, but that wouldn't be very friendly of me now would it?! Ha! I'm loving each of these and especially love that pile! Best of luck with finishing up. Hugs, Autumn

Donna Ellis said...

Congrats on getting your Christmas Orders taken care of, Brenda! You are such an inspiration, and always, I enjoy the diversity of your pretty artwork. These cards are each lovely, and obviously so full of love! Thank you for sharing! I am leaving a much dreaded copy-and-paste phrase on my friends' blogs. Trying to get back into the groove of normal, everyday life. The recent events in Florida caused circumstances which triggered exacerbations of my diseases. Hoping that my hands heal, and strength returns soon - the rest of it can be coped with easily enough. Thanks for understanding my inability to accomplish very much - maybe in October? love and hugs, de