Thursday 25 November 2010

Let it Snow


Mojo missing...............if found please return a.s.a.p.

Oh my goodness, it's hard going no inspiration and Mr Mojo nowhere to be found. Last night I must have spent an hour looking at a collection of lovely new stamps from Teresa at Crafts and Me and nothing gelled. As they were all fairies something is definitely not right.

But before I launch into my cards, I want to say a big thank you to Bee Crafty for selecting me as their winner last week, this is a fairly new challenge so do check it out, they have a super sketch this week and fab prizes. And also the girls at Creative Cottage who selected the card I made for my Grandson as one of their Top 3.

So here are my meagre offerings from a Mojoless craft room. The fairy on the card above is Sweet Pea Hiding, equally as lovely as all the others and I just feel I have not done her justice. She is coloured with Copics and her wings decoupaged and glittered. The DP is Magnolia, Martha Stewart punched snowflakes, ribbon and a flower. This is for the following challenges:

Crafts and Me - Dreaming of a White Christmas - snowflakes
Creative Cottage - Untraditional Christmas
Charisma Cardz - One for the girls
Ladybug - Sketch


My next card, also one of last evenings efforts, uses Hero Arts F5075 Sparkle Poinsettia, inked with Tim Holtz dusky concord and bundled sage and spritzed with water before stamping. The DP is My Minds Eye and the flower is mounted onto a 'doily' cut using the Magnolia die - this is a half circle and takes a bit of getting used to lining up, but once mastered worth the effort as it is so pretty. I tend to cut several at a time once I get the technique going. Some adorable lace which was part of a prize and a single flower and pearls to embellish. This is for the following challenges:

Delicious Doodles - Anything goes
Bee Crafty - Sketch


My final card is a Stampalot sample which I shall be delivering tomorrow.........I have prepared instruction sheets for making a tri fold card which will be available at their Third Ultimate Rubber Stamping Day on 4th December 10am through 4pm with free eats and drinks all day. I will also pop the instructions on my blog shortly.

I masked a piece of cardstock to create a moon by sponging distress inks, then stamped Art Impression U1562 Rooftops which I coloured with TH ink and added a liberal amount of glitter to the rooftops. Through the moon I stamped Magenta 02045-6 Santa......this is a silhouette wood mounted stamp and if you go looking for it you will see the actual image is straight, but I 're-assembled' it to curve the sleigh. The DP is October Afternoon and he snowflakes a Martha Stewart punch. This card is for the following challenges:

Scrapbook Sisters - Let it Snow
Simon Says - Let it Snow
ABC - I is for Ice and Snow
Moving Along with the Times - More than one fold

49 comments:

Unknown said...

What on earth do you mean your Mojo is gone?? My oh my, and you're still making all these lovely card?! Puhlease..... Love them all. Hugs, Frea

Dragonlady said...

Hi Brenda,

I agree, your cards are beautiful and don't show any signs of a lack of mojo.

Hugs Ali x

Bee Crafty said...

More Stunning Cards Brenda, if you think your mojo has gone you must not need it they are wonderful.

Thank you for your fab entries

Bev x
Bee Crafty Tuesday Challenge

Lisa Jane said...

ooh fabulous cards ,, love the lilac theme .. goes with the chilly weather outside lol. Well done on your top 3 card .
All your card are beautiful.. and thank you for using our sketch at ladybug crfats ink this week on your fairy card .. gorgeous sparkle
Good luck
Lisa ;)

Lisa Jane said...

oops forgpt to say thanks for joining us at MAWTT too with your tri fold shutter card
Lisa ;)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Mmm I don't see no Missing Mojo, WOW these are stunning and I would love to see them when you do have it!!!!!!! Thanks for joining in on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda, wow three cards and youve lost your mojo, and I dont think its gone far as all your cards are fabulous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Anonymous said...

Well if this is you with no mojo, I'll take it over any of my meagre offerings any day! lol

These are gorgeous ya duffer!

Cherry said...

Beautiful triple there B. Love all the delicate icy colours and all your beautiful attention to the small details. As everyone else says - if this is without mojo - you are doing better than just fine!

Hope it returns to make you happy.

Hugs Cherry XXX

Lynda said...

I think your Mojo was just lurking under the desk Brenda and came out when you weren't looking lol - these are fabulous! Congratulations on your win and Top 3 too - well deserved!

Love Lynda xxx

Kari said...

Oh,my...these are adorable!!Amazing papers!I love the last one,gorgeous!
Have a wonderful day :)

Hugs,Kari :)

Tracy said...

I don't have a favourite today as all three are as equally as gorgeous. It looks to me like your mo-jo is still there, but maybe it just needs a nice cup of tea and a biscuit and a trip round blogland for some inspiration.
I must say though, I love the tri-fold card and a great touch bending your santas sleigh. Looking forward to the instuctions as I haven't tried one before.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

cowboydutrem said...

I'd love to be as productive as you are on a mojoless day! Thanks for joining in Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge. I love your sparkly silver ribbon and the lace on the second card!

Mervi said...

i wish i'll loose my mojo if that brings as much talented and fabulous art pieces as you've done.
(lol) And my 12 point goes to the number...3.
hugs,-))m

lisa said...

For someone whose lost their mojo, these are pretty stunning cards, Brenda.
I love them all, especially the last one and many congrats on your win.
Has the snow reached you yet, we've had showers all day but nothing settling although it's not too far away looking at the news.
Hugs Lisax

Teri said...

Theses cards look pretty good for someone with no mojo!!
Thank you so much for playing in the first ever Delicious Doodles Challenge, and good luck!

Shazza said...

nought wrong with your cards, love that Tri-fold one especially x

Saskia said...

Lovely to see your work at delicious Doodles Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Saskia :)

Kerry said...

I wish my cards looked like this when my mojo disappears Brenda! They're all lovely :-D Thanks for joining us at LCI xx

Allison said...

they are so fab
Thanks for joining us at Delicious Doodles
AllisonX

Lynne K said...

Brenda without mojo? It would be like, oh, a sky without stars, a forest without trees, a bird without a song; in other words - impossible! On the evidence here today, your mojo hasn't gone missing, it must just have fancied being incognito for a while. I like the tri-shutter card especially, love the soft colours. xx

Jacee said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, I adore the lace.

Ruthie said...

Wow - to be that great with no mojo! Go you!

Love all your "mojoless offerings"!....love the colours!

Thanks for joining in with our blog hop at Delicious Doodles

Ruthiex

Debbie Johns said...

Your cards are amazing especially your third one that's your stampalot sample.Beautiful. Well done Brenda.Debbie Johns x

Beryl said...

You're too hard on yourself - you've obviously got the talent - not your mojo. Three fab cards but the last one does it most for me. Absolutely fabulous. The style you always do so well.
Beryl xx

pinky said...

What a gorgeous selection of cards, no mojo missing here!! Love your take on our sketch, such gorgeous colours and beautiful image. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
Pinky

angelique (anlou) said...

you can give me a little mojo
oh my hun
there gorgeous
hugs angelique

Merry said...

Omg I wish I didn't have mojo like you....so that I could create cards like this. lol These are beautiful Brenda and I love the purples you have used. Your tri-fold card is stunning. Hope you do find your mojo though....mine trying to run away at the moment.... I just have hold of it a little.

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fabulous cards hun. Can't believe you produced these with no mojo!! Thanks for joining us over at Delicious Doodles for our 1st ever Blog Hop/Challenge. x

Unknown said...

This is a stunner, love the purple and all the glitter on your card xx

Pami said...

Your cards are beautiful, don't worry about a missing mojo!! Love the colours you have used. Pami x

Nikbee said...

Gorgeous cards. I certainly don't think you need to worry about your mojo going walkabout! I love the colours. The fairy on the first one is wonderful.

Nikki x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda, I'm not sure where you think Mr Mojo is but he can't be far away. Especially love the tri-fold card.
luv
Debby

Juls said...

wow these are just stunning! Love the soft colours, and the fabulous glitter on the wings of your fairy on the first card, just so stunning and elegant! Hugs Juls

Hazeyj said...

Hi Brenda, your mojo will not have gone far; mine came back! You've a lot on your mind at this time of year so it,s no wonder you put your mojo to one side and then forget where you put it - just like your car keys!Your cards are wonderful - good luck with the challenges and congrats on the recognition! Hugs H x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

such beautiful creations, adore the tri fold Christmas scene. janex

mckinkle said...

Hi Brenda,

3 more beautiful winter lavendar cards! I wish I could create such beauties when my mojo hops off!

Many thanks for joining the 1st challenge at Delicious Doodles our new challenge would cover easily your other cards!

Keryn x

Whimsey said...

Um, my mojo can leave if I could still create cards like these - they are fabulous!!! Love the colors!

Thanks for joining LCI's sketch challenge this week!

Hugs, Michele

Unknown said...

Gosh your churning some wonderful stuff out for a mojoless woman lol;0) But I know what you meen totally

Love Dawn xx

Clare Brown said...

beautiful card, goodluck at abc challenges this week

clare x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous colors and ribbon!! I love what you did!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!! We appreciate that you shared your work with us!

-Sarah

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Super pretty! Thanks for sharing at Glitterbabes!

Linby said...

Beautiful cards. That sample card is stunning.
Linbyx

Julie said...

Great card Brenda,you are so very clever,look forward to seeing how it was created!Thankyou for sharing it with everyone at Scrapbook Sister's Card Challenge this week. Have a great weekend,Julie.x

Brenda Brown said...

What fabulous cards Brenda, fantastic work. Thankyou for joining in our challenge at MAWTT this week.
luv {brenda} xoxox

Gem said...

Brenda these cards are so beautiful! Thanks for joining in our One for the Girls challenge this week at Charisma! Gemma :)

Anita said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.

Crafteezee said...

Don't know what you mean about your mojo going missing? Love them all especially the tri-fold card. Goregous colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

crafty amy said...

I have no idea what you mean about no mojo! I wish I could produce cards like these at any time :D
Thank you for joining us at crafts and me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx