Friday 11 December 2009

Polkadoodles challenge

What a learning curve I have been on this week with my first DT card for Polkadoodles. My goodies arrived lunchtime Wednesday but as DT work is due in that day not too much time to get my head round everything.......now the confession, I am a total virgin at working with CD's. But, how easy the Back to Nature CD is and wow, what fantastic images, all very my sort of thing and now I can't want to get stuck in properly to this one one and the others.
The theme for this weeks challenge is New Year with an envelope somewhere on your project. I just love this owl family and the polka dot paper and being eager to try out everything have used one of the flower swirls from the accompanying Back to Nature Unmounted Stamp Sheet and stamped across the top of the card and embossed with iridescent powder for some New Year sparkle. The punch is Martha Stewart Embossed Scallop, I added Diamond Glaze to the owls eyes and some pearls to embellish.

20 comments:

Vero said...

Oh Brenda, I so love this new one! it's just such a cutie with the owl family and their sparkling eyes, and the pearls finish adds that sweet little touch...
Well done again!
Love,
Veronique xxx

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those owls, so awesome!!!

Tip Top said...

Yeah!! And welcome to the team!!!!!!!

Claire Phillips said...

Great job Brenda and welcome on board - really looking forward to working with you! x

PinksyDoodles said...

This is such a sweetie Brenda. Enjoy your DT with Polkadoodles!
Clare x

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Brenda. You have made a gorgeous card. I love the image and the colour combo is great.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Scrappymax said...

This is gorgeous Brenda and well done on your first DT card.
MAX x

Fliss said...

This is gorgeous Brenda. Didn't get mine until Wednesday lunchtime either and then had to wait for hubby to come home as I'm a bit computer challenged and have a Mac!
xxx

Tracy said...

Oh Wow brenda, what a great start to your Polkadoodling, I bet they're glad your on board looking at this amazing card.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lynda said...

You've done a brilliant job with the challenge this week Brenda. Love those owls and the CDs are fab aren't they!

Love Lynda xxx

Juls said...

I am so into Owls at the mo, and love these comical little darlings, and the fact you have teamed it up with such fab polka dot paper!! fab card!! Hugs Juls!!

Mandy said...

Hi Brenda, congrats on your first card it's awesome...loving the owls and the paer is delish..
Mandy xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

love your card Brenda, I love working with cd's, I have tons. Your owls look great and your ahead with your new year cards. Hope your feeling ok and resting your eyes enough.
janex

katesacraftybugger said...

Ilove what you did with these owls they are so cute - its exciting being a Polkadoodle Dolly is nt it ?

Unknown said...

Brenda, what a truly fantastic card. Very cute indeed!

Hugs

Rosie
x

Sally H said...

Wonderful card, Brenda! Well done on your DT spot. Great owls! Good to hear the little owls are coming in useful too x

Kari said...

Wonderful card,Brenda!Love the colours and paper!
I have taken a little break from my cards and in to the holiday spirit:)I will come back ;0)
Wish you a great weekend and a lovely holiday:)

Hugs,Kari:)

cheryl said...

oh hunny your first DT card is brilliant so love it great papers too hugs cheryl xxxx

Louise said...

Those owls are soooo cute, love your card.
louise xx

Saskia said...

Congratulations!! This DT-card is so lovely!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)