At last there seems to be a solution to the e.mail notification problems on Blogger, I missed the posts yesterday on their help forum but fortunately my Allsorts teamies Kath didn't so thanks to her all three of my DT teams can keep in touch with one another again. So for those of you who still have the problem this is the solution.........
- Go to your Blog dashboard and select settings
- Then 'posts, comments and sharing'
- Copy all the mail addys in the text boxes, remove them and click save top right
- Then paste them back in again and click save
- Do exactly the same in the 'email' setting below the above one
All addys will receive a mail asking them to subscribe or decline and once they have returned that clicking subscribe all is back to normal, we have checked it out on our DT blogs and it works.
It's such a simple solution and now makes perfect sense as Blogger/Google needed everyone's consent to keep sending mails in order to comply with GDPR. But why they didn't explain that somewhere a month ago I have no idea.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.