Tuesday 20 February 2018

Wish, dream, trust



A scheduled post here, unlike last week, this time I remembered !

It's my turn to share some more inspiration over at the Chocolate Baroque DT blog from Lesley's recent shows on Hochanda using the gorgeous new floral stamps and colouring pages.

The above card is one of my favourites from those I made for the shows, I think it's a combination of colours, flowers of course and the inspirational words. My starting place was to use Distress Inks to colour a piece of Bristol Vellum card stock and then add some stenciling. I stamped Wish Flower with Versafine Black, colour in with glitter pens, cut out and fix onto my background. Using sticky notes as masks I stamped the words individually onto offcuts of cardstock coloured with the same Distress Inks, cut out and added to my card, then mat and layered onto the base card. And as I used a few snippets I am popping over to the Snippets Playground


This once did take a little time but I really liked the finish result. Using Wish Flower again, but using just the smaller of the two blooms masking the stamp with sticky notes and inking and stamping each flower one by one........make sure you don't forget to remove the mask for each stamping. I then coloured the flowers with pencils, stamped a sentiment from Birthday Words onto a piece of ripped velum and fixed across the stamped panel before matting and layering onto the base card.


This is one of the Colouring Pages which has the lovely Macintosh Beauty image on it, I simply coloured with pencils and framed.


My final piece of artwork today used the focal flower from Mosaic Flower. I started by using Distress inks to add watery colour to a piece of watercolour card the added some random stamping using the harlequins from Decorative Edges and Versafine Black. I cut two die cut circles coluring them with the same DI's as the background, then stamped the flower onto the smaller circle and added some colour again using the same inks. Next I placed some twine onto the base and fixed the circles and also added a few back sequins.

Many thanks for taking a peek today.

40 comments:

Helen said...

what gorgeous cards, especially the first two! stunning.

Glennis F said...

Wow! They are all beautiful Brenda, especially the art deco one

Debbie said...

Hi Brenda, such stunning cards in varied colours. Loving the framed macintosh colouring page. Beautiful. You never fail to inspire me. Hope you're keeping okay. Big hugs xx

Wendy L said...

All so pretty Brenda, I do love vellum, xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Well I started to pick a fav but these are all stunning and your colouring is amazing. Keep well and sending hugs.xx[aNNie' blog]
 ❤️

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous cards and project Brenda
Gr Karin

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

As always a beautiful collection of CB cards Brenda, I especially love the top card.

Sue xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous cards, the first one is my favourite although the rest come a close second :)
Lorraine

Shylaashree said...

love the floral card a lot brenda, beautiful colouring

Craftychris said...

Oh my goodness! Such beautiful cards! All of them are wonderful but the first one totally wins my heart - it's divine! Gorgeous soft background and the flower is awesome! xxx

Barb said...

They are four very beautiful cards Brenda. The stamps are all lovely. I love the background on the first but my favourite is the second. The colours are so pretty and happy. Barbxx

Valerija said...

Beautiful cards with wonderful flowers, especially love the first one because of beautiful soft colours!
Valerija xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Brenda, gorgeous designs, especially love the top one, but they are all beauties. Take good care xx

Ellibelle said...

All of these are really beautiful Brenda, but I think the first one is my favorite one as well. Such a pretty shade of pink against the soft background.

Gerrina said...

All look so beautiful, but...the first is my favorite; love the background, the colours etc... Hugs, Gerrina

cuilliesocks said...

How absolutely beautiful Brenda, I love everyone of your cards, wonderfully designed and beautifully coloured, couldn't pick a favourite as I love them all, Kate x

Pat said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, I love that Wish Flower stamp and the gorgeous delicate colouring.

Pat xx

Carole said...

Another showcase of beauty Brenda...all are absolutely stunning, beautiful stamps, super colouring.....true works of art.

pinky said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda. The first one has inspired me to use my new stencil.

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda and fabulous stamps
Carol x

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda and I love the framed McIntosh Beauty, colouring looks beautiful.
Avril xx

rachel said...

Stunning makes one and all Brenda - such gorgeous stamps - I feel very honoured to work with them! Hugs rachel x

Lorraine said...

These are all so pretty but I particularly love the first one.
Lorraine x

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wow gorgeous cards. I like them all very much.
Hugs Carola

Carole Pollard said...

More special designed cards so beautiful Love the first one that background colours are superb Love and hugs Carole x

Kathleen said...

Really fabulous creations, the CB flower image is super and the background is really lovely, also the use of the the stamp for the second card is really lovely with the subtle colours.
Love the colouring page image too, also with lovely delicate colours.

Kath x

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning all of them, but I think the first one is my favourite. Having said that, really they are all beauties!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such lovely creations for CB, Brenda! They are all so beautiful, but my fav is the second one with those fresh colors and the vellum sentiment on the blossoms! Thanks for sharing the way you did them and all your tips!
Hope you are going better! Take care!
Hugs

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Stunning cards! Always lovely work.

KandA said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, especially love the 'wish flower' stamp you used on the first two xx

ALI said...

Brenda these are stunning, really lovely work x

Fikreta said...

very pretty cards!
hugs

Greta said...

Gorgeous background for those wonderful pink flowers! All your cards are inspiring, Brenda!

Leanne Harris said...

All lovely samples here Brenda, my favourite is that first one and how the pink pops off of that vellum background - you've been busy!!!! Lots of love xxx

Crafting Queen said...

These are beautiful creations. Hope you are doing better. Have a great day. Hugs Anesha

Marjeta said...

What a beautiful card. Love the image and fantastic paste colors.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow how beautiful, love the masked flower one

Di said...

Wow Brenda - what a fabulous selection of cards - all so beautiful. The snippets one is my fave - by one of Parsnip's whiskers! :)

Do bears have whiskers? Hmmmm - haven't caught him using Len's razor but nothing would surprise me with that little white peril!

Lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

Linby said...

I do like the way you have cut out the flowers to place on the stenciled background - very effective. All beautiful cards but of course my fave is the Mackintosh one.

Berina RGA said...

Such lovely creations Brenda! I love love love the first card. That background is lovely. The flowers look gorgeous!