Saturday 24 February 2018

I spy with my little eye................


B for Blue Blossoms

Morning Peeps, time for our new challenge at Allsorts and this week I am your host and am repeating one of my themes from last year which proved popular 'I spy with my little eye something beginning with B'. And to tie in with the theme the prizes incorporate the letter 'B'. 

I also have a few of my latest samples for Stamp Addicts who are on Hochanda tomorrow at 10am.

My card at the top uses one of my favourite Penny Black floral images, the beautiful Magnolia. PB's Brushstroke stamps make such a quick and easy card, starting with a colour wash over the base then colouring the stamp with Distress Markers, spritzing with water and in this case repeat stamping round the card. I flicked a little more colour with water distress ink then stamped the Inkylicious sentiment and added a few sequins. I am going to link this one up to Ellies Link Party.

B for Birds and Beautiful

For my second Allsorts card I used some new stamps and a sample I made for Bev at Bee Crafty. A background of Distress Oxide Tattered Rose and Twisted Citron which I mopped as I applied the water as I wanted a soft finish. I then sponged some harlequins using one of their D'inkables, stamped the Silhouette Tree and Flock of Birds with Versafine black and finally I masked and stamped three of the words from Wordage, inked the edges and applied with foam pads.         



And some of my Stamp Addicts samples. It's a well known fact that I don't do cute and not much of a colourist either, but I have to admit I did rather enjoy making these. It's ages since I made a shaker card but those little fishes lent themselves to a fishbowl scene using acetate and little glass beads for the shaker element. The sentiment is computer generated and rather twee by my standards, but it seemed appropriate!


This is Marina, isn't she quite lovely, for this sample I made a circle easel card and coloured her in with Spectrum Sparkle pens. The stopper panel is stamped with one of the shell stamps that will be in the show.


More little fishes along with some of the  ocean grasses, distress oxides for the background, glossy accents for the bubbles and some tiny shells I sources in Majorca a few years ago - need anther trip there as I am running low on the bag I bought.


A bit of inky indulgence for this one, Brusho's added to a really wet background on watercolour card and blown to make them run, by doing each colour individually and drying in-between applibations I was able to contain the colours within themselves without too much bleed off of the other pigments. I then stamped the fishes, jellyfish and seahorse, coloured in and added some tiny shrink plastic fish.

As always my appreciation for your visits and kind words.

39 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Brenda - you are an inspiration
Blessings
Maxine

Mervi said...

Fabulous set of cards, lovely backgrounds on the fishy ones;-))m

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are great and very beautiful cards with fab backgrounds Brenda

gr karin

aussie aNNie said...

Brenda, these are just so stunning, your inspiration and talent flows from these x...💖 [aNNie' blog]

gwen70 said...

Wonderful collection of cards Brenda, love them all

Leanne Harris said...

Fabulous collection again Brenda, I love the wishy washy backgrounds for the fishy ones! Have a great weekend! xxxx

pinky said...

Beautiful cards Brenda. Loving the fishy themed ones, so many gorgeous backgrounds too.

Craftyfield said...

So it's B for Beautiful, Brenda! As usual, the most lovely stamped cards! The Penny Black Brushstroke is my favourite, I just love the watercolour look of the blooms.

Liz said...

Fabulous cards, Brenda. My favourite is the one with real shells, just beautiful! xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fun fishy card and two beauties for Allsorts, a great challenge I shall enjoy playing along. The top card is my fave, so gorgeous

Marianne said...

Such a variety of delightful makes, Brenda. Love the mix of blues on brown on your first card. And after seeing your wonderful DOI and brushos backgrounds, I wish I could go and play in my craftroom right now instead of working to get a translation job finishing on time by Monday night...
Have a good weekend!
Marianne x

ALI said...

Wonderful selection of cards Brenda, such inspiration!

Wendy L said...

All delightful Brenda, xxxx

Linby said...

What great backgrounds, the last one is so pretty - probably drawn to that as it has some purple!

Babs said...

Love them all, colours stamps everything about them, but my favourite is the magnolia stamp, the colours are so soft and beautiful.
The weather is really warm here, but not looking forward to the cold next week at home...

Hugs Babs x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautiful cards Brenda. I really like the blossom stamp on your first card and the colour palette that you've used. Love the fishy cards too. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How many different inspirations!! Love the ideas and the fabulous types of works you made on them! Love the first two cards with your usually feel and the others more different but so impressive! The tiny shells from Majorca look amazing with that delicate fishy scene and the last one card is just stunning with that choice of colors, so artistry and inspiring!!
Hope you are well, my friend! Have a nice weekend

Ellibelle said...

These cards are absolutely beautiful Brenda, you did such an amazing job creating underwater worlds and of course I am so loving the floral creation. Currently waiting on some new brushstroke stamps from the newest release.
Loving the pretty easel card as well, you have colored the girl so beautifully. And you know how much I always admire your inky nature scenes, no different today with the beautiful silhouette tree and birds.
It's so nice to see you sharing in this week's linky party!
Hope you have a great weekend! A misty one over here!

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous collection of cards here today Brenda, love the top magnolia stamp it looks stunning, also loving your sealife cards too especially the bottomone - stunning. x Have a good week x Susan x

KandA said...

All such gorgeous cards Brenda, the fishy ones are super and of course I love the PB stamp xx

Crafting Queen said...

You have been busy. These are all great creations. love the brusho background. Have a great week.

Tracy said...

These are all wonderful, the first is my favourite. Love the fishes etc you have done them brilliantly.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Fikreta said...

love all your cards!
they are gorgeous!
hugs

Sarah said...

These are lovely Brenda. You have done yourself proud with the cute fishes and Marina!! xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful selection of cards, I love the colours and design, I am especially drawn to the first card, it's gorgeous, Kate x x

Berina RGA said...

Such beautiful cards Brenda! I love the little fishes. So pretty!

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh Brenda, another amazing collection of cards, so inspiring and so much to admire! Each one is a real beauty!!

Mrs A. said...

Oh golly gosh Brenda these are all a delight to look at and read how you have made them. Love those fishes to bits. It always makes my day to come and see your blog. hugs Mrs A.

Carole Pollard said...

Always love your posts the designs are always stunning and very special These are all fabulous Love and hugs Carole x

rachel said...

Awesome cards throughout Brenda ...I especially love the first one - so very delicate and the watercolour effect is fabulous! Sounds like your son is doing amazing with his running! Wow! Big hugs rachel x

Kathleen said...

As always Brenda a fabulous set of wonderful creations, love the blue blossoms especially.

Kath x

crafty-stamper said...

All fabulous cards Brenda but the first one is my favourite
Carol x

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Wauw wat zijn je kaarten weer schitterend .Prachtig om te naar te kijken
Groetjes Gerrie

Marlies said...

You have been busy making all these cards Brenda. They all look great! I like them all especially the first one with the blue flowers. hugs, Marlies









Gerrina said...

Wow so many beautiful cards! My favorites? The first by it serenity and colours and the last by the technique and colours... no surprise there I think... Wish you a good sunday and hope you stay warm! Hugs, Gerrina

Greta said...

Always a treat to see your work, Brenda! I especially adore the first card--just stunning!

Pat said...

Beautiful cards with some lovely images and colours Brenda, love the cute little fishes.

Pat xx

Wishcraft said...

Such a beautiful selection of cards Brenda, they're lovely :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wow Brenda, so many beautiful cards. I like them all very much.
Hugs Carola