Tuesday 16 January 2018

Dreaming of the Beach


A very good morning to you all, over at the Chocolate Baroque DT blog I am sharing some more seaside inspired inspiration from last months Hochanda shows, for ease and because I am having another procedure done at hospital I have literally lifted the post over to my own blog.

The card at the top uses elements from Seashore Scenes and Seaside Dreams stamp sets all stamped in Versafine Toffee. After stamping the sky I coloured with Pan Pastels and also stamped the Seagull image. Next I stamped the shell border onto Kraft card, added some white highlights and used a die to cut the aperture to create the frame.......to do this you first cut round the top only of stamped image then place the die onto the card tucking the bottom section behind the stamping as below and it's always a good idea to fix the dies in place with low tack tape to stop them moving..............

                            

You then have a frame with stamping as an integral part to place over the focal image. Finally I mounted onto a base card and added some string.


The focal image on this one is from Seashore Scenes stamped with Versafine black. I placed a sun mask in the skyline before colouring with a mixture of pencils and Pan pastels, added the sentiment from Seaside Dreams stamp set and also some foliage to the fore on the scene using a stamp from the Silhouette Grasses set.


Finally a CAS style card, I used a circle mark to stamp the Seagull from Seashore Scenes stamp set three times using Versafine Toffee, then used the circle from the mask and placed over the stamping and added some soft shading around the aperture using Distress Inks. The sentiment is from Seaside Dreams stamp set.

All of the stamps I have used can be found on the website here or by following the links above.


Also, here are some of my CAS cards which appeared on the DT blog yesterday.



Have a good Tuesday all and if your weather is anything like ours, inside in the warm is the best place to be.............I checked the long range weather forecast and they promise a glimmer of sunshine Friday so sounds like if you blink you will miss it............roll on Spring.

31 comments:

Helen said...

hope all goes well today! Great result (if bad for the heart at the time) on Sunday! what a game.

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing post today B, lovely cards and stamps.xx [aNNie]

Glennis F said...

Lovely beach style cards, I should do some myself as we live at a beach!
Good luck with your proceedure

Kath said...

Fabulous beach cards - they're all lovely but the first one is my favourite.
Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic collection here Brenda, I love them all but if pushed it's the Amolite that stands out for me.

Sue xx

Marianne said...

Such delightful cards, Brenda. Will be popping over to the DT blog to see how you did those last cards. I really should be using my stencils more.
Hope everything goes well with your procedure. Thinking of you.
Marianne x

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow Brenda what beautiful cards.

gr karin

Fikreta said...

now I wan to go at beach :D
your cards are gorgeous!
have a nice day
hugs

Carole Pollard said...

These have brightened a cold winters day such amazing designs and I love the twine idea on your first card looks great Love and hugs Carole x

Viv said...

Fantastic collection as always B. Reaching for the seaside themed stamps as we speak!
Have only just calmed down after Sunday..... x

Pat said...

What a fabulous selection of cards Brenda and love that framing technique on the first and the beautiful bright colours on the second, followed by more muted colours and simpler style of nos. 3 and 4. I also adore that Ammonite shell which looks great with just the simple stencilled background, and then the silhouette butterflies which stand out wonderfully against the softly coloured background on the last, and that pattern from the graphed acetate block looks really good. x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous beach themed cards Brenda, love the lighthouse cards....I wish I was sat on a beach with the sun shining.....it's trying to snow here!
Hope your procedure went well, take care
Lorraine x

KandA said...

Wonderful cards Brenda, Love the beach scenes and sentiments and the butterflies look fabulous against the super background. I will definitely have to try the frame technique xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautiful cards Brenda and I love how you've cut around the shells on the first one to create an aperture, it works really well. Also, the colours that you've used tone in beautifully with the Kraft card. I love the warmth that your second card radiates too, absolutely gorgeous. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

cuilliesocks said...

Oh my Brenda, what a wonderful selection of cards, I love the seashore theme and the first card with the shells cut out to make the frame is gorgeous, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A fabulous array of cards, Brenda, and the seashells frame is just amazing!! Thanks for the tips on cutting the edges! All your CAS are a delight too, you arranged so pretty background for them!
Hugs, have a fab rest of the week!

susiestacey said...

Lovely cards Brenda - Rosie's childminder took her onto the beach yesterday Brrrrrr it is freezing but Rosie still loved it x

pinky said...

I have a longing for the seaside now Brenda but might wait until this snow clear lol. Love how you made the frame! Beautiful selection of cards.

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards Brenda! I love the first one! Beautiful frame and the scenery is lovely!

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous creations Brenda and like the use of the kraft against the beautiful sunrise.

Kath x

Greta said...

So many lovely cards, Brenda! I really love how you did the string on the first card! Hope things go well with the procedure--take care of yourself!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I hope all went well at the hospital Brenda, sending well wishes.
A superb set of seaside themed cards, beautifully crafted and designed, always so many things to inspire here on your blog.
Lorraine

Linby said...

Lovely makes and a reminder that summer will be back!

Crafting Queen said...

Hope your procedure goes well. Keeping you in my prayers. Hugs Anesha

Gerrina said...

Woops that is a great way to brighten up my day...
No serious, love the frame you made on the first; it makes it so different and gorgous! The scene on the 2nd is the bit of sun I needed today... and the third is so unique!
Your 15 minute cards look so good too; it is so great to see so many beautiful cards! Hugs, Gerrina (My favo is the 2nd this time)

Craftyfield said...

The frame looks fabulous on that first card! Lots of lovely makes and I too dream of the beach... Hope everything went well, Brenda. xx

Sarah said...

Your fabulous cards transported me to the beach for a minute there Brenda!! At the rate the weeks are flying by, I am sure it won't be long before it arrives...wishful thinking there I think!! Like you, I would be pleased for a week of dry cold weather to help dry out the paddocks, we are fairly free draining but even so it's far wetter than usual. I hope your procedure went well xx

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wow Brenda, these are such beautiful cards again. Great selection, I like them all very much.
Greetings Carola

Judith said...

Wow Brenda these are fabulous - I'm a real seaside girl so this theme is my favourite - not much seaside going on here at the minute - snow forcast for tomorrow - roll on those seaside days x

Merry said...

Brenda so many fantastic cards in one post. I had forgotten about that technique for the frame with die, thanks for the reminder.

Mrs.B said...

Wonderful selection of cards in this post Brenda, love the seaside theme. Love how you created the shell frame,