Tuesday 1 March 2011

Spring is all around us

Good Morning peeps, it is I.......... here in person........my first proper post unaided for six weeks, wow what progress indeed.

I am pleased to say I really do seem to be headed in the right direction now, this relapse seems to have been very slow going, but everything crossed the progress will continue. I have told myself that I must still proceed with caution and not do my usual and throw myself back into things all at once, but I do intend getting round you all bit by bit a.s.a.p.

It's perfect timing really as today we have new challenges at Stampalot and Penny Black at Allsorts. And before I tell you about this months themes, I want to say a great big thank you to my design teams at both challenges for holding the fort whilst I have been MIA. You have all done a fabulous job girls, please accept my thanks for being so supportive.....a further thank you as well to all my blogland friends for all their wonderful support and visits here, although I have not been able to be active I have read your comments and each and every one is appreciated.

OK back to business and it will probably come as no surprise that the themes at both challenges are pretty similar.........I make no apologies as Spring is my favourite time of year and I never fail to be amazed by the wonders of Nature bursting into life as if by magic after the long dormant winter months.

So at Penny Black at Allsorts it is simply "Welcome Spring" and at Stampalot "Spring is in the Air".


It's a theme I could make dozens of cards for, but I whittled it down to just two for Stampalot but using the same set of stamps, the little girls is Art Impression T3093 and tree branches and fence are both Magnolia. In both cases I masked the little girl and then stamped the fence twice to extend it. Both are coloured with Aquamarkers and the DP's are offcuts which I think are Doodlebug. The top card is also for the following challenge:

Wild Orchid - Anything goes
Die Cut Dreams - Spring garden scene
Crazy Challenges - Here comes Spring


Now a couple for Penny Black at Allsorts. The one above is fairly plain and simple to show off the gorgeous flower and sentiment stamps. I started with a piece of silk cardstock and masked the edges and brayered Adirondack lake mist to the bottom corner, then with the masks still in place stamped the flowers, inking the stamps Penny Black 3587K Jonquil with distress inks and spritzing with water before stamping (as it's a coated cardstock you need to be careful as the wetness of the stamp can make it slip and blur). The sentiment is PB 3096K Host of Daffodils.

I then laid a post it note inside the edge masking before removing it to reveal the white edges and brayered the two corners with Adirondack sunshine yellow and overstamped with Hero Arts F5042F Leaf Flourish......this must be the most used worker stamp in my collection. Finally I squiggled a freehand line round to frame it the central stamping. This card is also for the following challenge:

By the Cute and Girly - Spring
Incy Wincy - Spring is in the air

My second PB card uses Penny Black 4039K Candid coloured with Aquamarkers and shaded round the edges with TH Mustard Seed. The sentiment is Hobby Art GR223. The DP is Jillybean. I stamped the flower heads twice more and added to one of the steps of the card, along with some borders punched with MS embossed scallop. The above cards is also for the following challenges:

CES - Flowers and flutterbys
Crazy 4 Challenges - Flowers

56 comments:

Embosserissima said...

Oh Brenda, beautiful cards. The colors are great and any details is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

cebelica said...

Gorgeous cards!!

Unknown said...

I love your cards, Brenda! So pretty... so glad spring is getting close now... Always gives me a warm glow when I see all the daffodils blooming, they are so pretty!!!
Hugs
Kim
x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

simply gorgeous creations. Super themes, will be joining both for sure.
So glad your getting alittle better.
big hugs janex

SusanLotus said...

I really want the spring to be here now! Can´t wait longer... for the sun and green grass...
And the flowers and the birds singing...
Your cards are full of springfeeling!

Have a nice day!

Karin said...

Lovely cards!!!

Karin x

cheryl said...

oh hun what a gorgoues selection of cards all so different yet all so effective,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Yasmin said...

Beautiful cards , Brenda . And I agree, Spring is the best time !

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards!!!!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Brenda, what good news that you are finally starting to get back to nearer normal, but as you say, you must take care.
Your cards as always are absolutely stunning, like everything you make, pure quality. Beautiful colours and so wonderfully created. Happy crafting sweetie and take care.
Lots of love, Sandra xxx

Helen said...

Happy to see you back personally, Brenda - make sure you do take it easy - at least to start with!! Lovely cards - especially love those daffodils.

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

Good to hear of your progress Brenda. And the cards are beautiful as ever.

Nikbee said...

I'm glad that you are starting to feel better. The cards are gorgeous.
Nikki x

pinky said...

Well if spring hasn't sprung anywhere else it certainly has here Brenda. Beautiful creations and I am glad to hear you are on the up!!

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Brenda - lovely to see you are improving.. and your cards are beautiful.. spring is my favourite season .. so these are right up my street .. love the daffodils.. and you could enter any one of them into our Springtime challenge at BTC&G lol
Lisa ;)

Caroline Hallett said...

glad you are feeling better, and lovely cards - thanks for the inspirations x

Amanda said...

What cheery cards! I love the stepped one. Glad you are on the mend. Take care x

Sarah said...

So wonderful to see you back her Brenda! Please take things really easy. I love your cards, I sooo want spring to hurry up and get here x

Hazeyj said...

So glad that you are comfortable at the keyboard again Brenda and thank your support team from us for keeping you going! Super cards, all three; your crafty mojo always shines, Hazel x (my internet connection crashed as as was posting the first comment to you so if you do get two by some technological wizardry I cannot fathom, then sorry for the confusion!)

Tanya said...

Beautiful! I love the daffodils, now that we have moved I miss seeing them pop out of the ground everywhere.

Sue said...

Hi ya
wow what a gorgeous selection of cards, beautiful work, thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

солнце said...

да очень красиво)

Heidi said...

Beautiful, Beautiful, so glad that you are back and blogging. Hugs Heidi x

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Hi Brenda,
Your cards always leave me stunned! they are so beautiful!
Glad to see you back on blogsville dear :) Thanks for joining us at BTC&G and good luck xxx

mckinkle said...

Hey, how lovely to see you back Brenda.

Its been so good that youve had such help from everyone but it cant compare to you being able to do it again yourself can it?!
Im sure you'll be able to pace yourself and hope you enjoy yourself now that you're back in the saddle again!

Beautiful cards Brenda, I love the mellow yellow on the daffodil one best!

Keryn x

Tkat said...

lovely cards!!! i especially love ur side-step card. i've tried a few of those -- they're always fun :)

Linapyssel said...

Wow Brenda! you are awesome, your carsd are so beautiful and I´m so pleased to hear you are doing better!!! You put a smile on my face today! I have been thinking a lot about you, wondering how you are doing!!
You are very clever taking it slow B....impressive work as allways!
Promice to stay healthy now!!
Hugs Lina

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda Im so glad to hear that you are begining to feel a little more stronger, its a long road back so do take it slowly or you will over tire yourself.
I love all your soft Spring Cards they are gorgeous and so uplifting it makes you feel a little excited at the thought it might just be on its way, the minature daffs and crocus are trying so hard to come out in my garden. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Sue B said...

Hi Brenda,

Glad you are feeling better!

They are all beautiful cards! I love the first one with all those gorgeous flowers and the image on first and second card is adorable. I love the watercolour effect with the aquamarkers.

Take care and take things easy!
Hugs Sue xx

Tracy said...

I love all four of todays cards Brenda, so glad to be seeing so many spring colours, and thankfully some sunshine today. Glad your getting back on form, you have been so missed around blogland.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

PinksyDoodles said...

Stunning cards Brenda. It's lovely to have a Spring theme. I love this time of year with all the spring flowers brightening up the world.
Hugs, Clare x

Mervi said...

All so beautiful cards,
just quick visit, all is packed and now we move;-))m

bernietom47 said...

Your work is so beautiful. Glad you are getting better. Take it easy and get completely well.
Blessings Bernie

Sally H said...

Stunning cards, Brenda! I love them all! It's good to hear you are on the mend and things have run so smoothly because you are such a brilliant organiser! Looks like you are overflowing with mojo if these are anything to go by!

Annette said...

These are lovely cards, really stunnng. I like the picture of the top one with your Royal Doulton! Thanks for sharing them with us. Annette xx (Incy Wincy DT)

Julie said...

Great news to hear your feeling better! Beautiful cards as always! X

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards,love them all.
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Spring creations, really loving the watercolour effect on them, and the yellows and green, so happy!

Glad you are back wtih us, take it easy and take care!

Nicola said...

I am so glad to hear you are on the mend. I Love all the cards you have posted, they cheered me up and helped it feel like spring. Hugs Nicola xx

Pauline C said...

Beautiful selection of cards Brenda - my eye has been totally caught by the watercoloured PB daffodils card - it's absolutely breathtaking! in fact I have to tell you that for the first time ever, I have as a direct result of seeing someone's card (ie this one) been prompted to buy a stamp straight away! I had never spotted the stamp "Jonquil" before and after seeing your card I just had to have it .. esp with the Glitterpot free postage going on today and tomorrow ;-). hope I manage to make anywhere near as good a job ... I don't use distress inks mucha nd i haven't got a brayer so we will ahve to see what happens :-)
Glad you are feeling a bit better ... take it easy
hugs
pauline x

Judy said...

Your cards are beautiful!!! TFS

Deb said...

wow, you've been busy, all three creations are gorgeous. I love the spring feel and beautiful colors, Thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams
Debs
xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous creations Brenda.
luv
debby

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

Lots of lovely gorgeous creations.

I am so pleased to hear you are starting to make some progress.

Blogland has been missing you!!

Go steady though and don't do too much all at once.

Love Jules xx

Claire Phillips said...

Really lovely projects Brenda. You obviously have those aquamarkers off to a fine art - beautiful effects! Cheers Claire x

Hanneke said...

Great cards! Great that you are feeling better again and hope it will stay like that!

Δημιουργία said...

Your cards are so beautiful, perfect for getting us in a Spring mood!

Mel said...

Hi Brenda, glad you are making progress. It's such a drag when you can't just get on. I especially love your Daffodils card. How beautiful is that. I am off to check out your other works ive been missing. Take care and be kind to yourself, your doing just great. Love Mel xxx

Donna said...

Wow Brenda, your cards are absolutely stunning...good news that you are feeling a bit better now...hugz :) Donna x

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Welcome back B, so good to see you ARE on the mend and praying for wisdom for you bnot to rush the whole process,
love the cheery cards too, I notice first is in aqua markers and very pretty. ;)
Shaz in Oz. x

Esther said...

Hi Brenda - what a comeback ! beautiful cards as always - I love the little girl stamp. I'm so glad you're feeling a bit better and wish you continuing improvement...take it easy though, blogland isn't going anywhere!! Esther xx

Renkata said...

OMG such an awesome Spring cards.
Love them all.
Thanks for join us at the Crazy Challenge.

Geraldine said...

Great to see you back in action, Brenda. Your cards are so lovely - they have that beautiful watercoloured look.
Geraldine x

Jacee said...

Good to hear that you are on the mend and good to see you posting your beautiful work agaim Brenda, you take care now.
Hugs Jacee

Juls said...

ooooooooooooooh such a gorgeous collection of cards!!!! Hugs Juls

Janice said...

I have scrolled past so many beautiful cards to get to this one for the PB@A challenge. Your cards are stunning, sorry I don't have time to comment on them all, but I have so enjoyed looking through your gallery. Jx