Sunday 29 November 2009

Rosie D's challenge 59

It's time for another challenge at Rosie D's and we have a super prize on offer of a mystery bag of craft goodies for one lucky winner. There is a lovely traditional feel to this challenge - Red, Green and a bit of bling, now how simple is that and the perfect chance to make that extra Christmas card you forgot you needed. I am also entering this card for this weeks Cupcake challenge who have the theme of Red and Green.

I have used one of my favourite images this Christmas from Sarah Kay, stamped and embossed with versafine black and clear embossing powder and coloured with Copics. The DP is from Magnolia Tilda range.......I absolutely adore these DP's, they have a wonderful texture and the colours and designs across the whole range are super........I know I don't do Tilda, but one has to make an exception here.

The little girls coat has been liberally glittered and JudiKins snow glitter added for the ground. The oval is cut with Nesties through the Bug as have the leaves and flowers using Sizzzix dies. I added tiny gold gems to the centre of the flowers, some ribbon and a sentiment from Creative Expression Victorian Christmas sheet.
And just a little taster of the Big Demo Day Saturday at Sir Stampalot......more to come tomorrow.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats an adorable image, and I love those Christmassy Colours!

cheryl said...

oh love the image and you have made such a beautiful card love cheryl xxxxx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya Brenda. This card is simply STUNNING. You should be very proud of that one, gorgeous.
Take care.
Love Sandra xx

chris said...

BEAUTIFUL card, beautiful stamp, one of my favourites, and as for those dps they are also my favorites, everything is gorgeous green and red!!
love chris xx

Unknown said...

Awh she is lovely isn't she I see the copics are helping lol lovely work as always hun

Love Dawn xx

Liz said...

Just a perfect card from a lovely lady sorry not been over still decorating grrrrrrrrrr

are you OK

Liz xx

Sally H said...

Stunning card, Brenda! I've got to agree with you about those backing papers - they are lovely! More roses to tempt me with! Don't let me forget to buy the punches I need on Saturday. So excited!!!!!

Beryl said...

Really really gorgeous. The papers and the image are just fab.
Beryl xx

Merry said...

Such a beautiful cards...love the colouring and the details. Really like the look of those roses in the sneak peek too.

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL card Brenda!

xx

Lou said...

So lovely this card is Brenda,she is so pretty and love all.See you soon,Lou.xx

Fleur said...

Your card is gorgeous. love the colours you have chosen, and papers are great.
Hugs Fleur xXx

Lisa said...

Hi Brenda, Wow this is gorgeous! Such a sweet image and I love the papers.

Lisa x

issy said...

Gorgeous Card Brenda, and those magnolia paper's are lovely.

issy
x

Debs said...

Hiya Brenda
This is gorgeous - I love that image - might have to get me that one lol!!!!
The DP's are beautiful.
Hope you are keeping well and looking after yourself.
Have a lovely day.
Take care
Debs xx

Saskia said...

Lovely card, so sweet!

Saskia :)

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Brenda,
This is a gorgeous card. The image is so adorable and I love the patterned papers.
Clare x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful card, love those papers and gorgeous SK girl.
luv
Debby

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Hi, Brenda.. I love that stamp, too... so cute.

Hey.. there is an outside chance I MAY be able to make it to your demo day on Saturday!! Can't promise yet.. still waiting for confirmation, but hope to get there. Are you demo'ing your lovely roses at any particular time?

Hugs,
Chris xx

Jacee said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers and the flowers, great card.

Carol said...

Such a pretty card Brenda and a lovely stamp.

Carol x