Monday 17 July 2017

Poppies in her hair and a PB Song Bird



Good morning Peeps, Today I am posting over at the Chocolate Baroque blog again and here are my shares, all of which were samples for the recent Hochanda show featuring the Mackintosh and Seasonal Lady stamps.

Many thanks for your kind wishes on my last post, I am home now and resting as ordered........I know it makes a change to do what I am told but the body does feel the need to rest and recover this time.

Kraft card is something I am always buying but rarely use so I though I would try and remedy that and quite like how well it works with white and red, a combo that I will be trying again. Using the new masks which match the Seasonal Ladies I used the leaves from one of them and white Dylusions, masking section of the cardstock as I went along so the spray could be directed through the mask. Then using red Distress Ink I sponged the word repeatedly at different angles.

The lovely Summer Fayre image was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with detail white powder and coloured in the flowers and Butterfly with the same red Distress Ink. I stamped the Butterfly again and cut out and also one of the flowers, coloured both with the same ink, cut out and decoupaged.


Taking the stem Rose from Machintosh Beauty stamp set I repeat stamped with Black Archival to create a circle and coloured in with sparkle pens. The sentiment is from Amazing Mackintosh Words, stamped with the same black ink and cut out using dies and matted into the centre of the Roses.


The background of this card is Distress Inks and repeat stamped with flowers from Mackintosh Windows and Mackintosh Beauty. A strip of vellum placed across the middle and an image from Mackintosh Windows stamped with Versafine Black and heat embossed with detail clear powder, cut out, coloured with Distress Inks and placed over the vellum.


My final card has the lovely Winter Dawn which I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with detail silver, cut out with an oval die and went round the edges with a thick silver pen before mounting onto a base stamped with the same ink and powder and Large Crackle Background stamp. A silver bow to finish.


And a very quick 'afterthought' added today 18th..............I know, I'm all over the place after the latest surgery...........as it's time for our mid month inspiration post at Penny Black and More challenge and here is the card I made for that using DI's and an acrylic block to create the background and PB Song Bird and sentiments from PB Special Wishes stamped in black versafine.

27 comments:

ALI said...

Lovely Brenda, I like the effect. I've just been having a play with Pencils and Kraft card.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, I love the craft card one at the top of the page, so striking.

Sue xx

Wendy L said...

Lovely cards Brenda, I love seeing Kraft card makes but mine never seem to look as good, yours is gorgeous, xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Brenda these are wonderful cards - I love the drama of the kraft white and red, and the mystery of the Winter Dawn in the black and silver. The circle of roses are cute, and the Mcakintosh card is awesome
Blessings
Maxine

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful cards Brenda
Gr Karin

Valerija said...

Wonderful cards as always.
Valerija xx

Gerrina said...

Beautiful cards! Love the poppies, but the roses a little bit more :) I know you like poppies more, but the McIntach ones are irrisistible for me... Hugs, Gerrina

Leanne Harris said...

Again, so many lovely cards Brenda - I don't know how you do it!!!!!! Really glad to read that you are back home and pleased that you are doing as you are told and resting up!!! I send you my love xxxxxx

Fikreta said...

those are stunning!
have a nice day

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely card good to her you are resting

KandA said...

Fabulous cards Brenda, especially love the kraft, white + red combo xx

Sarah said...

These are gorgeous cards Brenda. Kraft, red and white always looks so good together. Hope you have a speedy recovery xx

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards Brenda. i love the kraft card! So so pretty with the red.

Kathleen said...

Another fabulous set of cards Brenda and I do so love the red and white on craft also love the circle you have made.

Kath x

Leanne Harris said...

Love the added card for todays mid month post Brenda, just shows you how well greens and browns go together doesn't it. Lovely card for a man and I do love how you've popped that colour on in blocks of it - clever you!! I hope that you are recovering well, sending my love xxxxxx

Marlies said...

Gorgeous cards as allways Brenda. All with a lovely original design. Marlies

crafty-stamper said...

Glad to hear you are back home and resting -love all the samples but the last one is my favourite
Carol x

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wow, lovely cards Brenda. Great selection, I like all very well.
Hugs Carola

pinky said...

So glad you are back home and RESTING!! Loving all those pretty cards Brenda.

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning cards. Get well soon.

Donna Ellis said...

Whoa! Talk about AMAZING! I love that kraft cardstock coloring, and all the other interesting stamps, Brenda. Your second card deeply touches my heart - both color wise, and stamp wise. So beautiful! All the images are fantastic, and I'm taking a cue from your PB bird - it looks so pretty done with a simple back drop. Lovely, Brenda! hugs, de

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, sorry to read that you haven't been well. Take good care, hugs xx

Linby said...

Poppies! Need I say more! and of course the CRM inspired designs - just absolute loveliness on this page.

susiestacey said...

Lovely to see you using up that kraft card Brenda with a beautiful make. You have been very busy. x Susan x

Greta said...

So glad you're home & recovering, Brenda--take care of yourself! Beautiful work, as always! I especially love the first one & the last one--just keep admiring them!

Tracy said...

Fabulous cards Brenda, love your Penny Black birds and the background.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Tracy Welham said...

Oh my goodness, so many gorgeous cards! I love the first one and I know my mum would too as poppies are her favourite. The crackle effect on the Winter one looks fab and do does the background on the birds. Hope you recovery quickly from your surgery. Creative Blessings, Tracy x