Saturday, 9 May 2015

Inky card and tutorial and candy winners



Good morning, time for another challenge at Allsorts and this week Mervi would like to see die cuts on our work. Our sponsors are A Passion for Stamps and All Occasion Dies.

This is a recent Tattered Lace Create and Craft TV make for the Pick of the Week and is a bit of inkiness and requested tutorial using my favourite Dylusions and Tattered Lace dies of which I have used four on this card. I wrote up a tutorial on the Tattered Lace blog for the background and stenciling a few days ago................I know many of you are old hands at this but equally that there are always new crafters, so here it is direct from the TL bog and I will also add it to my tutorial page....................

Dylusions give such wonderfully vivid colours and are such fun to use when creating backgrounds and as I have used several techniques I thought a short tutorial may be helpful for those of you new to inky crafting but with an inkling to get messy.

1) The reverse non shiny side of Centura Pearl is in my view the very best card to work on with most types of inks and spray mists as it absorbs the moisture without losing it's shape, the exception is perhaps Fabriano watercolour card but is a tad expensive for general playtime.

2) I like to start with a piece of card larger than the size of my intended card so that I can cut it down and work on the section that appeals, the thing with this type of background is that no two are ever the same.

3) Liberally spray your chosen colours of Dylusions..............I used Bubblegum Pink, White Linen and Grey Slate on this piece. Dependent on the depth of colours you want you can just leave to dry, it only takes a few moments, or use a piece of kitchen towel to mop up excess moisture and lift some of the colour. I then like to add a liberal spritz of pearl glimmer mist or similar mica spray, this not only adds some sheen which shows up beautifully on the flowers, but helps blend the colours.

4) Rub the dry piece with either a tumble drier sheet or stampers anti static bag and then place the Church window stencil in place with some low tack masking tape. Sponge over with distress ink starting lightly and building up the colour gradually.......you can always add more, but you can't remove it ! Remove the mask and set aside for a few minutes to allow the colour to set or you can give it a quick blast with a heat gun.

5) Next take a small pattern stencil, the one I used here has tiny graduated dots, again this can be fixed into position with tape. Using a spatula add grunge paste over the stencil, but only here and there as the aim is to achieve a very random affect and you don't want to obliterate your focal elements. Grunge paste takes about half an hour to dry properly.

6) You are now ready to make up your card as desired and you can of course use any masks and stencils you have.

7) I cut the TL Charisma Primrose twice from the offcuts of the initial piece I inked, decoupaged and  position with some TL Tulip Starlight Flourish. The sentiments are single words are again cut from the left overs using TL Dance and With Love dies and a nice flouncy organza bow made on the EA bow maker.

Happy inking and I am always happy to answer any question if you are unsure.

And a little belatedly here are the lucky winners of my candy..............


Marianne (Crete)

Well done to your both, please mail me with your full names and postal addys so I can get your goodies posted, should I not hear from you by 14th May I will re-draw.

48 comments:

  1. Lovely card Brenda.Beautiful flowers.
    congrats to te winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, those flowers are so pretty. Congrats to the lucky winners x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card with the vivid colours looks such amazing
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Brenda, beautiful background and the die cut flowers are gorgeous.
    Happy weekend, it's a heavy wind and some rain too;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and tuts are always so helpful to everyone aren't they Brenda. My love of this blogging world is everyone is always so generous to share their ideas and skills and it's how we all learn. I love using sprays and make lots of my own too just in small sprayers. The addition of some micra gives such a lovely sheen. Hope you are doing well and have a restful weekend. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Brenda love your background and lovely colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and congrats to the winners.xxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful depth to the background. I love the colour scheme and delicate words die-cuts too! Have a lovely week end Brenda.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Brenda. Love the design and striking pink and black colour scheme.
    What a lovely surprise to see I've won your candy too! Thank you very much!
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pink and black and how you made that gorgeous bow!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Brenda!! I love those amazing colours, think I'm grabbing some of that Bubblegum with my next order!! Love all your layered flowers and your big sheer bow! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice card
    congratulations to winners

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Brenda
    Lovely card, great tutorial too. Congratulations to the candy winners.
    Quick comment today, sorry.
    Take care
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the step by step Brenda, beautiful card with my fave colour ... PINK!!!!

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Brenda, beautiful colours, gorgeous bow and lovely corner spray of flowers. Have a lovely weekend.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing card, Brenda! Love all the tecniques you have used here!! Your work shines and sparkles and is so gorgous blended! Love all this purple and the sentiments!!
    Congrats to thetwo lucky winners!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can't beat your inky cards, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Brenda, hope you're fully recovered now. What a stunning card. The colours are fabulous and the flower dies are super. Brilliant tutorial and I really must get some grunge paste to use with my stencils. Right I'm off now to have a look around and catch up with your posts xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card looks great! Love the pink-black combination; so stricking! As allways you made an intresting BG for the flowers! Enjoy the weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, Brenda, and thank you for the tutorial! Might have to try this! Congrats to your lucky winners!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How wonderfully colourful Brenda, stunning!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous Brenda, I love the colours and and beautiful detailing.
    Thank you for a fabulous tutorial.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous card Brenda. I think the pink and grey work together beautifully. Just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brilliant card Brenda, love the colours and all the lovely flowers and a fab bow.

    My stamp from PB and More arrived this morning, thank you, love the little card too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats to the winners :o)
    Gorgeous card Brenda, I love the pink & black together.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card Brenda beautiful colours and dies. Enjoy the rest of the weekend x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  27. So beautiful! I just love Dylusions too. I got to play with them at my sister's house. They are so much fun to use. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is beautiful! I love the light colors and gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card Brenda, I love the design and the colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing card!! love all the die cuts... love the color... congrats to the winners..

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card Brenda, you "do" inky so beautifully :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your mix media cards :) Congrats, ladies :) Thank you for fun, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a wonderful beautiful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh this is one lushes card hun really beautiful hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this design Brenda, and the colours altogether are fabuloous. I enjoyed using the Clematis die too x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful card Brenda. Love the colours. Well done to the candy winners.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh so wonderul card ! Love pink and black ! and so wonderful flowers !
    Have a nice day Brenda,
    and congrats to the winners !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is wonderful,Brenda! Love the pink flowers and the a great bow!
    Enjoy your week!
    Smiles and hugs,Kari :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is gorgeous Brenda. Love the vibrant pink against the black - very striking. Gorgeous flowers and ribbon.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful card Brenda love the shades of pink and the flowers are gorgeous, I love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful inkiness ! Take care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous card Brenda, love the pink and black. The background is stunning, thanks for such clear instructions, I want to try it! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Lots of lovely inkiness resulting in a very pretty card
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  44. That is gorgeous, I love Dylusions sprays but don't have many yet! Congrats to the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love this card the design is awesome and I like the fabulous colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  46. gorgeous card, thanks for the tute brenda. Congrats to winners

    ReplyDelete
  47. Congrats to the lucky winners. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

 
09 10