Monday 26 April 2010

Sunflowers

Before I launch into the card I have to share with you today, a quick reminder that you still have until noon Wednesday if you have not already entered our Stampalot challenge where this months prize is a Cricut Create machine.

So a card for two challenges, Penny Black have a recipe: three flowers, two buttons and a bow. I did have a bit of a senior moment after it was all put together because theoretically there are more than three flowers, but checking the DT samples it looks as though the three flowers are embellies rather than those of the image, so hopefully it's OK. And you PB girls might need your specs for the buttons, but they are there as part of the foliage growing up the trellis........artistic licence OK ?

And the second challenge is this weeks Cupcake challenge whose them is "Don't be Square" no square cards allowed. So I should be OK here, the base cards is a 5x7 with a shaped top section which I created on the Cricut welding a square and oval together on the DS using Plantin Schoolbook.

My DP is Kaiser, the punch Martha Stewart garden trellis and the image Penny Black 3874K Hello Sunflowers stamped twice and decoupaged onto a background stamped with Penny Black 2410K Penmanship. The image is coloured with Marvy pens and spritzed with Glimmer Mist pearl to make the flower heads pliable. My Hubby commented "Sunflowers are yellow".......my answer - "more artistic licence" and anyhow, I had to try and make them match the three ready made ones.

The swirl is a Sizzix die, the mats Nesties all cut through the Big Shot and the three sunflowers were lurking in a box from I don't know where or when.......just proves, never throw anything away.

23 comments:

craftymum said...

Hi Brenda
What a super card. Sorry I haven't visited recently but my dad has been ill on hospital. He's home again now so hopefully everything back to normal ( WHATEVER THAT IS!!!)
lOVE SARAH xxx

Juls said...

Hi Brenda this is so gorgeous! I love the arch shape, and the fab sunflowers and brown swirls! stunning creation! Hugs Juls

PatR said...

Love everything about this gorgeous card Brenda. Great shape and the colours are lovely. Love the attention to detail.
xx

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Brenda,
Your card is fabulous! I love the shape and all the gorgeous detail.
Hugs, Clare x

Tracy said...

I love all the tiny butterflies, and the whole creation is very inspirational.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kari said...

Wonderful card,Brenda!I love the shape of the card!Beautiful flowers!
Have a lovely Monday :)

HUgs,Kari :)

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Brenda - fab UN square card . Love the Sunflowers they are gorgeous - both the image and the embellies..Your comment made me laugh as my daughter also calls thse certain stamps Hippos's lol... I am teying to get her to design a range of stamps - any ideas?
Lisa ;)

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card brenda and yes my eyesight ain't what it used to be and I had to search for the buttons......thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Fliss said...

Just gorgeous and a really lovely shape Brenda.
Thanks for your comment on my mermaid piece and I don't think I can enter it in the Stampalot challenge as you suggested as I looked at the rules about more than one entry and saw it has to be different. As my first one was a piece of wall art, I think I'd break the rules if I entered my mermaid lol. Thanks anyway.
xx

Debbie said...

Hi Brenda,
Thank you for leaving a lovely message for me. The lady stamp I used is Aspects of Design by the Stamp Man, and she is called Butterfly Beauties, she is lovely isn't she, there are other stamps on the sheet too....9 to be exact!
I used a black ink pad, but Kaleidoscope powder, had no idea what it would look like 'till after I had done it. Thanks again. Debbiexx

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft with such a lovely creation ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

coldwaters2 said...

Totally fabulous easel card Brenda love that shape it really suits those gorgeous flowers
Hugs
Lorraine x

Liz Corrigan said...

Hi Brenda what a stunning card, love the embellies in the trellis punch out and the butterflies 'fluttering' around the edge of the card. Rosie x

pinky said...

Lovely card Brenda and the flowers are a perfect colour, what do husbands know about matching socks never mind flowers and papers lol.
Pinky

Sarah said...

Wow this is fab, love the shape of your card xxx

Sally H said...

Gorgeous card, Brenda. I don't remember seeing that stamp at Sir Stampalot. My shopping list for June is getting longer!

Kat said...

Love the shape of this card Brenda. Really lovely image.

Thanks for the reminder about Sir Stampalot!

Kat x

issy said...

This is so pretty Brenda, you have put so much thought into this, and it shows, Fabulous.

issy

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda, wow and unusual card love the way youve created the trellis and the flowers are fabulous. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Jachelle said...

I love the way you made this card. i keep coming back to this card because of the uniqueness. *thumbs up*

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely card, the shape is great.

Anonymous said...

so awesome, love it!

Donna said...

Very beautiful! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Cupcake :) Donna x