Tuesday 2 June 2009

Everybody Art Challenges 42

My second card of the day is for this weeks Everybody Art Challenge which is an absolutely lovely sketch by Iris. Now I know everybody sees things differently, but I loved this immediately and saw vintage.

So I followed that thought and used Daisy Bucket papers which lend thyself to this feel, distressed the edges with Tim Holz brushed corduroy and stamped a block of four inchie stamps from Inkadinkado 98852 using versafine sepia and detail copper embossing powder. I so like this set which are all spring and botanical images, very me. At the weekend I tea dyed some Hero flowers ........ I obviously felt vintage coming on and have used a couple of these plus some gems and a strip punched on the fiskars punch ........ I know, it's getting repetitive, but in the absence of the long overdue delivery of Martha Stewart punches, the options are limited.

7 comments:

Iris said...

Wow your card is absolut amazing, great work.

Thanks for using my sketch and joining in our challenge.

Hugs
Iris
EAC-Team

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Brenda this is stunning I love everything about this one most of all the colour and layout and those little stamps just give that finishing touch. I love the technique you have used around the edges of the paper as well I have tried this a few times but it never worked well for me lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

beautiful card !!! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46

Mel said...

oow, this is different, i like this. you can almost feel the testure of the papers. yummy Melx

Nixe-Moni said...

What a great card. Love the colours.
Thanks for joining in our challenge.
Hugs
Moni
EAC-Team

♥ Doreen ♥ said...

Wonderful card.
Thanks for joining in our challenge.
Doreen
EAC-Team

Tessi`s Kramecke said...

Klasse karte und tolle Farben.

LG
Gitti