Tuesday 19 May 2009

A Spoonfull of Sugar 52

A Spoonful of Sugar challenge this week has the theme "Celebration - any celebration will do".

My card could be a wedding or special anniversary using Art Impression J3398, a lovely greeting which was a special commission by Sir Stampalot for one of their Create and Craft TV shows, which incidentally is scheduled to screen again at 4pm on Thursday (21st May). This card is not dissimilar to one of those I created for that show, although I've had to improvise with the flowers as the cuttlebug folder I used then went walkabout at class and never found it's way back to my basket !!

The centre element has been run through the cuttlebug using Swiss dots at either end and scrolls added using one of the the fancy corners. The flowers and leaves are cut from Hero LP140, which I stamped onto vellum with veramark and detail gold embossing powder.

11 comments:

lisa said...

I love both your cards Brenda. This one is so classy. I would never have thought of just cuttlebugging the sides, I must give that a go.
Your poppy card is also beautiful.

Lisax

Debs said...

Simply stunning!!
Debs xx

Jessica said...

Hi!
Thanks for your comment in my blog.
Your card is very beautiful!!!

Jessica

Donna said...

Wow Brenda this card is stunning, so elegant and pretty too :) Donna x

Nilla said...

Lovely card, Brenda! I have given you a little award in my blog! Hugs Nilla

Mel said...

Wowee ! what a gorgeous card.

Nilla said...

Yes Brenda just right click copy and then you add it to your blog and then send it on to 5 persons! Hope this helps! hugs Nilla

mueppi said...

Your card is beautiful and elegant!
Hugs Gisela

pinky said...

This is beautiful Brenda, would even make a beautiful wedding invite, very elegant. Great idea to use the embossing corers like that.
Pinky

Linda said...

Wow, Brenda, this is such an elegant card! Your designs are always so beautiful! Thanks for sharing! xoxo, Linda

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, elegant card and love how you've done the embossing.
luv
Debby