Sunday 10 May 2009

Inspirational Card Sketches

Good morning, it's a beautiful morning here in the fens, even blue skies ! I felt compelled to take my card into the garden to photograph so I could share some of the wonderful blossoms nature has to offer and which never fail to amaze me every year when they spring into life.

My card is set amongst a beautiful Viburnum Maresii which has an abundance of soft white blooms, as does the the Viburnum Pompom and of course I had to include one of the of lilacs whose armoa is filling the air today.

During my blog hopping session early this morning I found a new (well to me that is) challenge called Inspirational Card Sketches and they have a DT call and a great sketch by Dawnb.
As I was planning doing a card for A Spoon Full of Sugar where the task is "texture", I thought I would combine the two. The main image is good old favourite Stampendous agapanthus P107, stamped with versamark and detail copper embossing powder onto a glimmer misted background of copper, gold, cocoa and vanilla breeze. Before stamping the main image I repeat stamped across the background with hero H2365 using Hero shadow ink soft blossom. I added a little black down the side and corner to lift the piece with Penny Black 2636K using versafine black and detail clear emboss powder.

The flowers and leaves were cut on the cricut and sprayed with GM's terracotta, gold and vanilla breeze. The scallop was also cut out of bazzil on the cricut. The DP is K & Co.

8 comments:

pinky said...

Brenda you are so brilliant at stamping, just loving your cards.
Pinky

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Brenda this card is so beautiful, nature is such and inspiration , you are very talented.I went to a stamp fair yesturday and was talking to Gina from sir stampalot for a while and watching her demos, she is so nice and her cards are lovely. I told her off because she's made me spend loads on art impression stamps in the past,only joking. We mentioned your name and I said she should start blogging.janex

Linda said...

I love your beautiful card. I love the colors. What cricut cartridge did you use?

brenda said...

Hi Lindal, cut the scallop and leaves from Plantin Schoolbook and the flowers on Home Decor.

Brenda x

Saskia said...

Beautiful card! So sweet and elegant!

Greetings,
Saskia

Jill said...

ohh Brenda your card is stunning hugs Jill xx

Marcea said...

this is just stunning, I love it!
-x-

Dawn♥ said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!