Thursday 28 May 2009

Challenge Stampalot

Glory, grief........ afternoon already and my first post of the day is "Cutsie", yes I did say cutsie. I know I'm botanical and don't do cutsie, but winds of change must be with us as I came back from Sir Stampalot with Penny Black 30-014 and that means I'm timed as to how quickly I can get that card made and posted........ but I feel some comfort from this set as it's got a tree and a butterfly, so semi botanical. And of course my trip means more of these gorgeous new My Minds Eye DP's which I have used here.

So here is my card, hedgie under the apple tree, rather large apples so do hope he catches them if they fall. The images (I used three from the set, tree, hedgie and butterfly) have been stamped in versafine black and embossed with detail clear and coloured with Marvy pens. Also added some grass with Art Impression AA1348 and flowers with AAA1368.

So, I've been home all of two hours, put the shopping away, fussed the home alone four legged family and posted this, hope my timing meets requirements.

10 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

This is gorgeous and you should definitely do cute more often. Love your design and colours just perfect.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Larissa said...

Very sweet card! Love the buttns in the tree and I love the colours you used on your card!

Hugs,
Larissa

lisa said...

What a busy lady!!!! This is a lovely card, not too cutsie. I love the little hedgehog, he's great.

Lisax

Sir Stampalot said...

You did good brenda, just can't believe you can make a card and post it so quickly, feels like you'd only been gone about an hour from leaving us and i swear you live at least 45 mins away! Love the card design here. The papers (DP!!) do look lovely in the background and great idea to use the buttons as apples.
Thanks for popping in, and for bringing cake - one left in the fridge, hmmm, andy or me, andy or me!?!!

chris said...

I wonder if there is a record for this Brenda,
cant wait to see what you do tomorrow, but I definitely think you should do cutsie more often, love it. Hope to see you at Sir Stampalot on saturday. love chris xx

pinky said...

Brenda, you suit cutsie, I just love it, it tells a little story! Just love the overall feel of it.
Pinky

Nilla said...

Brenda this is adorable! Hugs Nilla

brenda said...

Hopefully Chris, as I expained to Janice all depends on one of my sons - it's his birthday at the weekend and althouhg he's left home now (well that's the theory althouhg a pile of washing I just saw say's otherwise) he's makeing barbie noises, so my mind might be made up for me.

Otherwise, yes hope to see you.

B x

mueppi said...

Hi Brenda
this card is gorgeous!!
I love the hedgehog and all details!
Hugs Gisela

Mel said...

lovely card. great colours and buttons ! i never know what to do with buttons. Mel x